« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals hiring Zac Taylor to be HC; Bienemy remains in KC
pugsnotdrugs19 06:31 PM 01-10-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...903671809?s=21

Soon...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sure, but Bieniemy is sitting there soaking up what and how they communicate with him. Nothing like doing it yourself but that experience should help him when he's got his own QB to groom down the line.
Bieniemy is never going to be “the guy” developing a QB regardless of a HC job or not JFC

It’s not his expertise. Why the fuck are some of you so blind to this simple fact?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:28 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bieniemy is never going to be “the guy” developing a QB regardless of a HC job or not JFC

It’s not his expertise. Why the fuck are some of you so blind to this simple fact?
No one is blind to it. He won't be the main guy developing his QB but he's going to have a hand in developing his QB, no matter how small it may be. This experience will prove valuable.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:30 AM 01-11-2019
No one is blind to it. He won't be the main guy developing his QB but he's going to have a hand in developing his QB, no matter how small it may be. This experience will prove valuable.
He will have as much of a hand as any other HC that isn’t a former QB coach, which is very little.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:50 AM 01-11-2019
I just found that one where he left the scene of the accident funny. His excuse was basically "sorry, officers. I didn't know I couldn't do that."
I guess I must have missed that part. But most of what I read was just normal stupid shit a guy can get into growing up with temptations. I speak from experience. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:53 AM 01-11-2019
THANK GOD!

Our armchair head coaches can comfortably pinch a loaf after meals now.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:25 AM 01-11-2019
Bienemy isn't ready to be a head coach. You have to be a CEO. It's a way of carrying yourself. He doesn't have that kind of personality or polish (yet?).
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:44 AM 01-12-2019
On the bench? No, but he's standing right in front of them involved in the conversation sometimes.
Maybe, because EB is the Offensive Coordinator, he is attending to the wide receivers, the running backs, the tight ends, and offensive line, because they are an important part of the offense too, and his Boss, the Head Coach, is already taking care of the QB in-game coaching.

There is also nothing that says EB doesn't discuss aspects of the QB play while Mahomes is on the field, like not reacting to a certain coverage or missing intermediate routes because he is too focused on the deep routes (those are just examples for the sake of examples) and when Mahomes comes to the sidelines, it's Reid who follows up with Mahomes, and EB addresses every other unit that makes up the offense.

It seems like some people are acting like EB just stands around and holds a play sheet so he can call the plays into Mahomes after Reid tells him what to call, and does NOTHING ELSE.

Being the OC is more than just dealing with the QB. And since Reid has a great deal of experience coaching QBs, and it is Reid's offensive system that the QB is running, it makes sense that EB would defer to Reid. But to assume EB has no input regarding QB play is an assumption that cannot be proven, or disproven because we do not have first hand knowledge of what EB and Reid discuss during the game.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Merrit 07:56 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He will have as much of a hand as any other HC that isn’t a former QB coach, which is very little.
Is that usually what happens? Not sure how I feel about this tbh.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:22 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Bienemy isn't ready to be a head coach. You have to be a CEO. It's a way of carrying yourself. He doesn't have that kind of personality or polish (yet?).
I'm not saying you're right or wrong... but I AM saying you're speculating 100% and have no idea what he has or hasn't been preparing for.

Unless you worked closely with him or have some direct insider info.
[Reply]
wazu 09:25 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm not sure if he's ready or not. What I do know is I'd have a lot more confidence in him than I do in most of the clowns that NFL teams just got done hiring.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:29 AM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I'm not saying you're right or wrong... but I AM saying you're speculating 100% and have no idea what he has or hasn't been preparing for.

Unless you worked closely with him or have some direct insider info.
Wanna know something REALLY scary? Singletary went back to "coaching school" in hopes of having another shot one day.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01:12 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And how many black coaches get the chance to be OC's? It's easy to try and paper over the issues in the game. The fact is Kingsbury should be nowhere near an NFL job but hey, "he looks like Mcvay", so let's fire a guy who was lumbered with a garbage rookie QB and barely any offensive weapons and get a guy who's failed at the college level!!!..BRILLIANT LOGIC :-).
Wasn't Kingsbury HC at TT when Mahomes was there?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:56 PM 01-12-2019
Originally Posted by Haglund's_Spirit:
Wasn't Kingsbury HC at TT when Mahomes was there?
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Yes "n00b", yes he was.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:48 PM 01-12-2019
You can't say asshole on the mic with no clout as a HC and be a HC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 01-12-2019
Zac Taylor? WTH?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up