ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Losing my Mind at Work
KurtCauley 09:36 AM 01-10-2019
Guys, I can't even sit still. I'm so dang anxious for Saturday to come. I feel worthless at work. I'm just spending all my time reading about Saturday's game.

How about everyone else? What's everyone doing to make the time pass?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCauley:
I just feel this year is different. The optimism going into this game is probably what has me so anxious. I can't wait to see the team on the field. I'll be pacing around all day Saturday and throughout the game as well.
Maybe my lack of optimism is what has me so grounded for this one.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:43 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by El Jefe:
I actually find myself the same as MahiMike. It seems irrational, but the games affect me so much that many times I wont watch them till after I know the outcome. It can upset me so much, that I have trouble sleeping and am angry about it for quite a while. Its irrational, and I know that it is, but I cannot simply "just watch" a game, I get invested immediately. This year, the Patriots, Rams and Chargers games tore my heart out.
I'm the same, I don't watch my sports teams games live anymore, be it Soccer, Basketball, Hockey or the Chiefs. The anxiety levels can be a little bit all consuming and I much prefer to just let things play out and see what happens when the dust has settled. I did actually keep up with things last season but that Raiders defeat was just a killer. Tbh though even waiting until the result is over can be tough because just like you seeing what happened in that Chargers game was a bitter pill to swallow. It took me a few days to get over that one, especially with the media all celebrating the Bolts.

For this one though it's strange because I'm totally calm about it. As long as we have Mahomes I truly believe we'll have our day of glory whether it's this year or another. That kid is special and he will do something special at this football club, I have no doubts whatsoever.
[Reply]
Jerok 10:47 AM 01-10-2019
I work Saturday but i'll be off by three. Gonna be so anxious all day wish i could sleep in til noon and immediately start drinking
[Reply]
scho63 10:48 AM 01-10-2019
Sounds like work productivity in the Kansas City area is even less than the low normal. :-)
[Reply]
Yehoodi 10:54 AM 01-10-2019
Ah the playoff excitement of football is in the air. I can imagine there must be a buzz of excitement in KC. Not only for this playoff run, but the many to come in the future. :-).

Nothing wrong with getting wrapped up in the game a few days ahead of time. I have done it myself in varying intensity. It is part of being a fan.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:05 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
RIP the linkin park guy
He killed himself because he listened to his own music and realized it was the right thing to do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He killed himself because he listened to his own music and realized it was the right thing to do.
:-)
[Reply]
In58men 11:16 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Seriously. Certainly not overly anxious at work over it.
I’m different. Reading through twitter makes it worse, I had to stop lol.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:20 AM 01-10-2019
Well at least it's Friday. Almost over!

Oh wait...
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:22 AM 01-10-2019
They say at the surface of a black hole, time basically comes to a stop. So if you saw someone falling into a black hole - they would seem to be just frozen falling forever.

That's about what this feels like.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:36 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Thursday is basically over and Saturday doesn’t count so it’s really just one more day.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:41 AM 01-10-2019
Whatever happens Saturday the sun will shine another day and life will go on.

Totally at peace with whatever the outcome might be.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:45 AM 01-10-2019

[Reply]
EyePod 12:48 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Whatever happens Saturday the sun will shine another day and life will go on.

Totally at peace with whatever the outcome might be.
Of course.

But I really fucking want us to win.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:05 PM 01-10-2019
Go talk to InChiefsHell for a while. You won't care anymore.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up