ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
penguinz 03:51 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
For the weather impaired please tell me what I'm looking at. Is this predicting 9-10 inches of snow? (I seriously doubt it but have no idea what this chart is telling me). :-)
6-10 inches. This is the model that was first to predict the November blizzard
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:52 PM 01-09-2019

The second round of the #NFLplayoffs will feature chilly, but dry weather for matches in Kansas City and Foxborough, Massachusetts: https://t.co/JPVPe1UZkI pic.twitter.com/lN5GyirM3g

— AccuWeather (@breakingweather) January 9, 2019

[Reply]
007 03:55 PM 01-09-2019
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:12 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
6-10 inches. This is the model that was first to predict the November blizzard
Thanks for the explanation. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 04:19 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Thanks for the explanation. :-)
Looking at the various computer models 5-8 inches looks like a possibility.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:30 PM 01-09-2019
Fuck me. When is all of this supposed to start?
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:32 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
**** me. When is all of this supposed to start?
Close to never
[Reply]
007 04:44 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Fuck me. When is all of this supposed to start?
Sometime Friday. They haven't nailed it down yet
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:56 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
It is, in fact, cold.

-posting from Los Angeles.
Confirmed.

-posting from Annapolis, MD where it is currently 37 with a real feel of 22
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:05 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Sometime Friday. They haven't nailed it down yet
I was planning on driving up Friday night, but now I'm going to take Friday off and leave 1st thing Friday morning. I've already driven in a snowstorm for a Chiefs/Colts playoff game, would rather not do it again.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 05:12 PM 01-09-2019
I studied meteorology quite a bit in college, and I pursue weather as a hobby now.

Basically the NWS is the true source of info, and of course they are only using models as well.

NWS currently has precipitation starting Friday morning in KC, and off and on through Saturday. The temps will be going up and down above freezing, so it's hard to decide on a precipitation type.

Best guess from them is 1-4 inches total, with the smaller totals near KC as of now. There could be some ice/sleet at certain points.

There is no Winter Storm Watch yet, but I would expect one soon if the models stay the same, or at the least a Winter Weather advisory, which is slightly less serious. I doubt a Winter Storm Warning is in the cards for this storm.
[Reply]
007 05:15 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
I studied meteorology quite a bit in college, and I pursue weather as a hobby now.

Basically the NWS is the true source of info, and of course they are only using models as well.

NWS currently has precipitation starting Friday morning in KC, and off and on through Saturday. The temps will be going up and down above freezing, so it's hard to decide on a precipitation type.

Best guess from them is 1-4 inches total, with the smaller totals near KC as of now. There could be some ice/sleet at certain points.

There is no Winter Storm Watch yet, but I would expect one soon if the models stay the same, or at the least a Winter Weather advisory, which is slightly less serious. I doubt a Winter Storm Warning is in the cards for this storm.
Yeah I'm hoping it's not that bad. Looking at two trips to KC Friday night and Saturday morning. Can't stay the night due to helping with tailgate load up here in Topeka.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 01-09-2019
A little snow or ice won’t effect the playing surface other than being a little wet. I remember when they were selling the renovation to the voters. That was a big selling point. The majority didn’t want that portable roof thing but did like the heated field idea.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 05:20 PM 01-09-2019
I just read the NWS forecast discussion from 3pm today, so a bit of an update to my previous post.

As of now, Looks like KC precipitation starting Friday afternoon as a rain/snow mix, changing to snow overnight. Most models have us above freezing, so they are lowering the snow totals as of now.

Also of note, NWS thinks most if not all accumulating precipitation will be done by noon Saturday, with just sprinkles/flurries after that.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:22 PM 01-09-2019
Any precipitation is a horrible horrible thing for us. I don't care if you guys are comfortable, I care about how it will effect Mahomes and our passing offense.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up