ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
wazu 03:18 PM 01-08-2019
Lezak seems to be leaning that we’ll be okay. Snow early but light snow at worst during game.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:26 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've been to over 50 games at Arrowhead over the last 30 years and that was by far the coldest one, by quite a bit... sucked balls, it had to be like kicking a peice of wood, but he still should have made 1 ****ing FG...:-)
I remember a December game against Miami not too long ago that sucked. The wind was brutal.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:29 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Renegade:
I remember a December game against Miami not too long ago that sucked. The wind was brutal.
I was there too. My jack and cokes were freezing. I don't remember what the wind chill was, but I wanted to say - 50. I may be wrong about that tho.
[Reply]
wazu 03:30 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I was there too. My jack and cokes were freezing. I don't remember what the wind chill was, but I wanted to say - 50. I may be wrong about that tho.
We had our beers on the grill to prevent freezing.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:31 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Although '95 was the coldest I remember there was also a Browns game where it was like 34 and rained the entire game,miserable was an understatement.
Yeah, fuck cold and rain. Nothing worse than that.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:33 PM 01-08-2019
The Denver game that was referenced was cold too. I left Branson at 5:00 AM and by the time I got to my tailgate, my gallon jug of water that I had in the tailgate was frozen solid. I didn't know that a gallon of water could freeze solid that fast.
[Reply]
Stinger 03:33 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I was there as well -22 degrees or something like that.
[Reply]
wazu 03:41 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Stinger:
And of course it was a late season game that meant nothing. And the Chiefs lost. To a team from Florida.
[Reply]
Tonka83 03:41 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
We had our beers on the grill to prevent freezing.
There were vendors in the stadium giving away beer because they were freezing and popping the tops.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:41 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Stinger:
I'll trust your memory over mine. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:42 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I was at a Donx game at Arrowhead where the temperature was about 10 degrees. I really didn't even think about it. We won 20-7. My hate kept me warm.
:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:43 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
There were vendors in the stadium giving away beer because they were freezing and popping the tops.
I remember that as well
[Reply]
Frazod 03:52 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)
I had great seats, too. The only time I ever had front row seats; they were on the 20 right by the instant replay monitor.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:58 PM 01-08-2019
Gorgeous out today- they should have moved the game up.
[Reply]
KC Dan 03:59 PM 01-08-2019
Cold, wet and windy here in the NW. Wonder how much of it you'll get out there....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up