ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:19 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The model runs that are starting to come out now have it slowing down and tracking further west. Current trends show 5-10 across the metro.
Are they saying it will be snowing all day Sat ?
[Reply]
penguinz 09:24 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Are they saying it will be snowing all day Sat ?
Should be done by game time. MO snow removal blows ass so may suck getting into parking lots.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 PM 01-10-2019
starting tomorrow evening thru 10 am or so Sat. If the temp drops sooner, the storm shift track a bit west or slows down then those numbers could increase.
as long as it quits by 10:00 am they can get the field plowed and let the heated field take care of the rest.

Fans can just knock the snow off the seats. Get you some cardboard, put it on top of the snow to put your feet on and your all set.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 10:07 PM 01-10-2019
Dark sky.net now has 2-5 inches total for the storm, so they’ve picked up something. I would expect NWS to change their forecast in the morning if the overnight model runs say the same thing. I still don’t trust local news forecasts, who are primarily concerned with ratings, even though I like Gary lezak.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:09 PM 01-10-2019
I dont think the Chiefs give a shit about the weather, I dont think it will effect our game either way.
The Colts are the only team that should worry about the weather, it may effect them.

GO CHIEFS!!!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:23 PM 01-10-2019
Fox 4 just said 2-3 inches
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:29 PM 01-10-2019
It’s going to make for a great scene if there is left snow in the stands for the fans to throw in the air in celebration.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:37 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
In what world is the east coast not capable of handling snow? Especially the northeast.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Are people really freaking the hell out over 3-5 inches of snow? Its 3 - 5 freaking inches...
Nobody gives a shit that it snows or not - they just care how it effects the game. You can't fucking throw a football in the snow. What is our best weapon? Patrick fucking Mahomes. If it's snowing heavy snow flakes during the game - it makes it harder.

I was going to put a huge wager on the Chiefs to cover, but if it is going to snow - all bets are off.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:03 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nobody gives a shit that it snows or not - they just care how it effects the game. You can't fucking throw a football in the snow. What is our best weapon? Patrick fucking Mahomes. If it's snowing heavy snow flakes during the game - it makes it harder.

I was going to put a huge wager on the Chiefs to cover, but if it is going to snow - all bets are off.
Sure, but if it stops before the game, it's practically irrelevant.
[Reply]
007 01-10-2019, 11:05 PM
This message has been deleted by 007.
pugsnotdrugs19 11:05 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sure, but if it stops before the game, it's practically irrelevant.
Right. The field is heated so it’s highly, highly unlikely to accumulate at all. I’m expecting it to be a chilly game with light wind.
[Reply]
007 11:06 PM 01-10-2019
Lezak just said 8” for most of KC on the Missouri side.
Busby said 2-4 inches. Gotta love weathermen.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:06 PM 01-10-2019
The PRO BOWL should be played in ARROWHEAD every year! Bring it!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:11 PM 01-10-2019
I remember last year they predicted a 5-6in fall and we didn't get shit.

I bet we barely get dusted, and mostly freezing rain...which is worse IMO.
[Reply]
tk13 11:15 PM 01-10-2019
It doesn't seem to be the end of the world at this point. Still a day to see how it plays out though. Doesn't sound like it should affect the game too much.

Although it certainly seems there could be a real concern about people getting to the stadium and in their seats on time. Doesn't really matter if it's snow or freezing rain.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up