ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 42
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:35 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Point is, I was on board with letting Berry walk then and I'm on board with cutting his ass now. What I saw written then is, in large part, what I see written now. The same people arguing about needing to keep him because he's such a game changer when he's here, etc. I want guys that affect games every week. Maybe they aren't as good as Eric Berry in some facets, and maybe they aren't as complete a player, but dag nabbit, they're fucking healthy.
You NEVER mentioned health in your opinion of Berry only that he wasn't good enough to deserve top tier contract back then which is 100% wrong.

So really you weren't correct about your opinion, he just ended up being hurt since signing the deal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Three7s:
I love how people just seem to forget that the Raiders were an inch away from beating us earlier in the year.

If the Chiefs do lose this, the one positive will be the reactions of the "it's the Raiders" crowd.
Because this isn't true, they never lead and were down 2 scores all but the last few minutes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:41 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Chiefs always seem to play to the level of their competition.
Yea thats why they have the 3rd highest point differential in the league and their average win margin is over 10 points. :-).

A more accurate statement would be most CP posters tend to fall to the same level of negativity over every single little thing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:41 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Every year the Chiefs have that ONE game that they had no business losing to some shitty team with no shot at the playoffs. That game hasn't happened yet. Lets get through this last game without being cocky so we can have a season with out this problem.
We got it out of the way last year with 4 of those losses for our next 4 seasons. We're good, man.
[Reply]
TEX 08:44 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Every year the Chiefs have that ONE game that they had no business losing to some shitty team with no shot at the playoffs. That game hasn't happened yet. Lets get through this last game without being cocky so we can have a season with out this problem.
I totally agree with this. Besides, the Chiefs have had PLENTY of chances to lock up the #1 seed down the stretch, and for whatever reason, they have failed. Maybe with things on the line, they don't play well. Things are definitely on the line this week...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
I totally agree with this. Besides, the Chiefs have had PLENTY of chances to lock up the #1 seed down the stretch, and for whatever reason, they have failed. Maybe with things on the line, they don't play well. Things are definitely on the line this week...
Does 'PLENTY' mean more than 2? Just curious if there's something else I'm missing. They lost two games to good teams. The Raiders on the other hand are not a good team. No one doubts that things are on the line this week. Many of you just have major reservations about this team because we trailed the Chargers for 4 seconds and got beat by a good Seahawks team on the road in primetime.

I submit that the level of panic is at off-the-charts status. Proof? Some of you actually think we're going to lose to the Raiders. If that's the case, by all means, bet on the Raiders. If you think the Chiefs are so entirely miserable that this is going to be a real game, then go and put down actual money on the Raiders and take your 14pt head start. Hedge your happiness and make money in the process.
[Reply]
TEX 08:58 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Does 'PLENTY' mean more than 2? Just curious if there's something else I'm missing. They lost two games to good teams. The Raiders on the other hand are not a good team. No one doubts that things are on the line this week. Many of you just have major reservations about this team because we trailed the Chargers for 4 seconds and got beat by a good Seahawks team on the road in primetime.

I submit that the level of panic is at off-the-charts status. Proof? Some of you actually think we're going to lose to the Raiders. If that's the case, by all means, bet on the Raiders. If you think the Chiefs are so entirely miserable that this is going to be a real game, then go and put down actual money on the Raiders and take your 14pt head start. Hedge your happiness and make money in the process.
"Plenty" means more chances than any other team in the AFC to control their own destiny and gain the # 1 seed down the strrtch. The simple fact that this point even needs explaining is exactly why some of you will be staring at your TV in disbelief IF the Raiders beat the Chiefs Sunday.

No panic friend - it's the NFL - It's called "On any given Sunday," and it's come down to the last Sunday. Don' confuse urgency for panic.
[Reply]
Spott 09:11 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have supported Berry throughout the season, and I stand by my statements bashing people who questioned his toughness and who said that he was just sticking around for a paycheck. I think Berry has earned the benefit of the doubt. Also, we have no idea what the internal discussions were between him, the trainers and doctors, and Reid and Veach.

But I have been on the cut or restructure Houston bandwagon for a long time. I believe Houston has value, but not at his current salary. And even with the benefit of the doubt, Berry is now on the cut/injury settlement list, regardless of health. I am not sure if it's even worth keeping him even if he restructured his contract.
I’ve never thought that Berry was milking the Chiefs for money. I think he wants to play but there is probably much more to his injury than what the Chiefs have told us, which is basically nothing. Unfortunately it’s beginning to appear that this is something that is going to be a chronic problem or one that requires surgery which will put him out even longer. Either way it sucks because he’s been a solid player for this team since he was drafted.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:38 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
All this drama and Berry still might play on sunday as he's only listed as "questionable" :-)
Yeah maybe it's a ploy...
[Reply]
BWillie 11:10 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
Berry needed surgery to remove what is essentially a bone spur. He didn't do that so he guaranteed on-going tendonitis after prolonged running/playing in games. He has wasted a roster spot.
He should have just had surgery. But the Chiefs had a somewhat difficult decision to make. This isn't as bungled or as easy as you guys make it seem. I think they thought he would be able to play more games. If he gets surgery he's out for likely the entire regular season, maybe you get him back for the playoffs. He might have been ready by now. Some people can successfully play through this - but apparently EB isn' one of them.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:16 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
"Plenty" means more chances than any other team in the AFC to control their own destiny and gain the # 1 seed down the strrtch. The simple fact that this point even needs explaining is exactly why some of you will be staring at your TV in disbelief IF the Raiders beat the Chiefs Sunday.

No panic friend - it's the NFL - It's called "On any given Sunday," and it's come down to the last Sunday. Don' confuse urgency for panic.
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:17 AM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's the spirit.
:-) /Thread.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:06 PM 12-29-2018
All of this on the heels of two crushing losses...
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:10 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He should have just had surgery. But the Chiefs had a somewhat difficult decision to make. This isn't as bungled or as easy as you guys make it seem. I think they thought he would be able to play more games. If he gets surgery he's out for likely the entire regular season, maybe you get him back for the playoffs. He might have been ready by now. Some people can successfully play through this - but apparently EB isn' one of them.
If he'd had the surgery during camp like he should have, he could have been ready for the start of next year. Now, if he does, he probably won't be.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:43 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Turning 30
Cancer
Torn ACL
Torn Achilles
Other Achilles issue

This won’t end well. Look at what having major problems with both Achilles did to Derrick Johnson?

Your body doesn’t get healthier in this league.
Also apparently some disease that makes him look like an ashy hobo.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 42
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up