ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 240
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:31 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Players have to execute.

Charles and Smith need 100% ownership of their turnovers even if they occurred during shit play calls.
Absolutely spot on. These are professionals for fucks sake.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:36 PM 09-19-2015
All i know is the Chiefs keep finding new ways to shit all over their fans. Its like a mentally abusive relationship. Nothing but mindfucks. lol
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:39 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Players have to execute.

Charles and Smith need 100% ownership of their turnovers even if they occurred during shit play calls.
And Reid need 110% ownership of his embarrassing fuckups with the play calling and situational awareness.
[Reply]
notorious 12:42 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
And Reid need 110% ownership of his embarrassing ****ups with the play calling and situational awareness.
Damn straight.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:12 PM 09-19-2015
There will be PLENTY more Reid-emotion for you to draw from in 2015, I assure you.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:58 PM 09-19-2015
another thing

Andy Reid designed a game plan against Denver's defense that was a lateral,finesse passing game against a undersized,fast defense. That is exactly what Denver wants you to do ... let them use their speed to run laterally and make plays.

stupid,stupid,stupid

we should have gone multiple tightends and pounded the rock with Charles,Davis and West and then go play-action pass to Kelce and Maclin. Wear the defense out and roll them in the 4th quarter. Heck, line Fisher up as a tightend to add more size.

Andy Reid had no clue or was just too stubborn to do it.
[Reply]
KCCHIEFS27 05:00 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Seriously.

This guy is terrible at game management...which is really the #1 job of a head coach, above and beyond all the other things some coaches do and others don't, they ALL have one thing in common : game management.

People make the excuse, "well, that's who he is. He was like that in Philly. Good Andy/Bad Andy."

Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.

His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.

If I was Clark Hunt, and I watched that embarrassing shitshow that went out over national TV last night, Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him. Seriously. That was horrific.

I find it unfathomable that a coach of some 20+ years NFL experience (16 or 17 as HC) is so blitheringly ignorant of basic situational football.
1st qtr, 1st and goal from the 2. RUN THE BALL 4 STRAIGHT TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO. The all time leader in NFL rushing average is in the backfield...or is Reid thinking about Burnt ends??

1st and goal with 90 sec at the end of the half - you lead 14-7, their offense just got some momentum, so...END THE HALF with 3 kneel downs and go in the locker room leading by 7. 14, because it's 21-7 if you run with Jamal at goal to go on the 1st series.

Take the guy getting toasted out of the game - Jemel Phlegming SUCKS. maybe Reid started Sanders and Manning in his fantasy team??

After Knile Davis goes UNTOUCHED for an 8 yd TD scamper in the 4th, you keep feeding those fresh legs the ball, and never relinquish the lead.

****, that sequence at the end of the 1st half was ABYSMAL. Reid and his staff should be FIRED for gross incompetence. Before that mini-shitshow, Denver didn't even think they could play football anymore, and 5head looked like he was ready to lay down and die.

This is ALL on the coaching staff. They threw this game.*

Andy Reid should be held accountable.

Instead...he gets a paycheck and a mixed plate.

How is this guy a head coach??

DAMN NEAR ANYONE ON CP COULD HAVE CALLED A BETTER GAME THAN ANDY FAT SHITSHOW REID LAST NIGHT...

He wins most of the games he should, based on talent alone...

How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???

What will it take, blowing a 50 point lead in the playoffs???

(Don't know if it was intentional or just a byproduct of Reid's now-obvious incompetence...but make no mistake - this game was ours and Reid GAVE IT AWAY. INEXCUSABLE.)

But why should Reid care??

He's gonna be eating KC BBQ for the next 5-6 years.

How many people can do your job?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:02 PM 09-19-2015
Ass in the seats, above .500, $$$$, smell that Q.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:21 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
another thing

Andy Reid designed a game plan against Denver's defense that was a lateral,finesse passing game against a undersized,fast defense. That is exactly what Denver wants you to do ... let them use their speed to run laterally and make plays.

stupid,stupid,stupid

we should have gone multiple tightends and pounded the rock with Charles,Davis and West and then go play-action pass to Kelce and Maclin. Wear the defense out and roll them in the 4th quarter. Heck, line Fisher up as a tightend to add more size.

Andy Reid had no clue or was just too stubborn to do it.
EXACTLY
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:22 PM 09-19-2015
Originally Posted by KCCHIEFS27:
How many people can do your job?
Since I write my own songs, book my own gigs, named the band, own the LLC, the PA, AND the majority of the gear??

No one can do that for this particular enterprise but me.

Without me, the company ceases to exist.

So...1.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:32 PM 09-19-2015
*by [http:// http://profootballtalk.nbcsp...-lot-of-games/
Originally Posted by Michael David Smith:
Michael David Smith on January 4, 2013, 8:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Jeremiah Trotter played a total of seven seasons for Andy Reid in three different stints with the Eagles. And he thinks he lost a lot of games because Reid got out-coached.

“If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise,*I think the opponent’s team would win if it came down to coaching,” Trotter said on 97.5 The Fanatic, via Philly.com. “Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games,” Trotter continued. “Time outs, running the football, you know.”

Trotter said Reid’s offensive style made things different for the defense and the late defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who ran the defense in Philadelphia until his death in 2008.

“As a defense, we understood we passed the ball too much. You know, there’s times we’re sitting over there like, ‘Man, listen. Just get us a couple of first downs so we can get a break.’ And I’m sure it frustrated Jim Johnson also,” Trotter said

Still, Trotter acknowledges that he won a lot of games during his time with Reid, and he says he would have given Reid a 7.5 or 8 on a scale of 1-10. I shudder to think what he’d say about a coach who was a 1.

[Reply]
Brock 09:47 PM 09-19-2015
a brief history of bed-shitting:

Super Bowl XXXIX

Reid’s Eagles found themselves down 10 with just under six minutes remaining to the New England Patriots. And yet the offense chugged along with all the urgency of a three-toed sloth. Reid already had burned a golden timeout after a clock stoppage (!) late in the third quarter, so he had two left.

Passes from Donovan McNabb netting 4, 4, 5 and 2 yards took a full two minutes off the clock. It was at this point at Alltell Stadium that I turned to the man sitting next to me (former NFL quarterback and current ESPN college football analyst Jesse Palmer) and in stereo we both said: “What is Andy doing?”

The Eagles chugged down the field, saving their two timeouts for defense, and took the clock under two minutes before scoring a touchdown on the one deep pass of the drive, despite the Patriots being down their starting corner and safety with injuries. The ensuing onsides kick was recovered by the Patriots, who went on to win.

Asked about the drive in question years later, Bill Belichick famously told NFL Network that he and his assistants were looking at each other saying, “We’re up 10 right? We’re not missing something here?” Even he couldn’t hold back from calling out Reid’s mismanagement.

The “I goofed” game

In McNabb’s return-to-Philadelphia game after being traded to the Washington Redskins, the Eagles seemed to lack urgency and energy early on as the inferior Redskins took a 14-0 lead in the first 10 minutes. But the Eagles rallied and had a chance to cut the lead in half before going into the locker room.

With 1:45 remaining, the Eagles had a first-and-goal from the 4-yard line. Somehow, miraculously, they found themselves challenged for time and unable to score, undone by an unseemly delay-of-game call where Reid looked like he had just been told about the play clock and its tendency to click down after the ball is spotted.

The Eagles settled for a field goal but never recovered and lost 17-12. Had they scored a touchdown there … who knows? But McNabb was terrible, Reid knew it, his defense played well that day (despite dropping two would-be picks) and they still couldn’t win.

Reid, as if setting up a future career as a Propecia pitch man, offered up this postgame explanation: “I goofed.”

That game was the beginning of the end of Reid in Philadelphia, if you trace it back. Three weeks earlier, the Eagles lost to the Packers, 27-20, as Reid nuked his three second-half timeouts down seven with 5:25, 5:17 and 5:11 left to play.

“I wanted the points”

More madness from the 2010 season: The Eagles, favored against the Chicago Bears, outscored the Bears 13-0 in the fourth quarter and lost. That’s because two of those field goals should have been reconsidered.

Down two scores twice, Reid opted to kick field goals … and remain down two scores. The second one was far more egregious. The Eagles faced a fourth and goal from the Chicago 18, with two timeouts. Though the distance to the end zone was daunting, Reid had to go for it. Instead, he opted for the field goal, cutting a 15-point lead to 12 with 4:53 left.

What did that do? The Eagles still needed to score twice to win. The field goal was completely useless.

“I wanted the points there,” Reid said. “It came down to one possession. When you’re down in the red zone, you have to score. That’s what it comes down to, and we have a short period of time to get it right.”
The Bears almost bailed the Eagles out by their own mismanagement, running off only 21 seconds on their next possession, but even with an Eagles TD drive after that, they ran out of time.

The following season, Reid’s Eagles faced a similar spot, down 20-13 with 4:53 left against the Dallas Cowboys, and he once more opted for the field goal. Only one problem: Reid had burned two timeouts needlessly on bad second-half challenges — another Achilles heel of his — and was unable to stop the Cowboys on seven straight clock-milking plays. Game over.

Notice a trend?

Twice with the Chiefs

In Reid’s first season in Kansas City, the plucky Chiefs rebounded from a 2-14 season to make the playoffs — a masterful turnaround. But the Chiefs could have gone 12-4 and made a stronger run at the Broncos for the division crown had Reid not helped cough up a win at home against the San Diego Chargers.

The Chiefs had first and 10 from the San Diego 16-yard line, and the Chargers already had burned one timeout. Reid felt bad and used one of his own with 1:28 left. Why? Who on earth knows? His explanation:

“No,” Reid said, “I was just calming the storm there and making sure that — we needed a touchdown at that point — make sure that we had the right things in and we were ready to go.”
They had the right things in and scored on the next play, taking a 38-34 lead, but handing the ball back to Philip Rivers, who drove down the field — those two timeouts came in quite handy! — and scored in 46 tidy seconds, which ultimately would be the game-winner.

Sigh.

Then last season, in perhaps the Chiefs’ finest hour, crushing the New England Patriots 41-14 in Week 4, Reid’s first-half blunder was covered up by his own team’s pure dominance in the rout.

Up 14-0 with a chance to step on the Patriots’ necks at the end of the first half. On second and 10 from the New England 10 with 31 seconds left, Alex Smith hit Travis Kelce for a 5-yard gain to the 9. Inexplicably, Reid let more than 15 seconds run off before calling the Chiefs’ final timeout, putting them in a tricky spot.

On third and 5 with eight seconds left, Smith hit Dwayne Bowe — inbounds — for an 8-yard gain that would have run the clock out had the Patriots not bailed them out with a penalty.

The end-of-half field goal ended up saving face, and not mattering at all in a 27-point blowout, but what if the eventual champions rallied early in the second half? Reid once more would have been ripped for letting a game slip away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141506143.html
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:50 PM 09-19-2015
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.....
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:54 PM 09-19-2015
I'm surprised that Reid wasn't prison shanked when he was in Philly.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:54 PM 09-19-2015
He always comes out with a defense of his decisions. Who knows what he really thinks but the denial of his faults honestly pisses me off more than the fault. At this point he should have hired someone to slap him on the head and change his mind.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 240
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up