ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 240
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We have absolutely seen this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/s...-strategy.html

Fortunately the Giants players figure this out and executed it brilliantly.
These aren't really showing what you're wanting them to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So, why has Reid had, and continues to have, such an Achilles heel in situational football and clock management?

Haglund's deformity in the frontal lobe?

This Thread Is From 2015...original post is still accurate.

Mahomes hasn't cured all of Full Reidtard.
Because he doesn't and you're an idiot.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:08 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah...
I have little faith for the playoffs unless Andy recognizes this now and teaches Pat how to handle this situation. The last thing the Rams were expecting in their heavy prevent Defense was a screen. Even if Mahomes throws a TD in that spot the Rams get the ball back and score with no time left on the clock. I'm not sure what we were thinking with them at 54 points at that stage.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:11 PM 11-21-2018
Having a great Quarterback like Mahomes is going to help Reid but it still doesn't change the dumb stuff he does. You can make an argument that Reid is even more one-sided now because he's so excited about having Mahomes. He spends all his time working with Mahomes and the offense.

Reid should be an offensive coordinator but he's too good to not get promoted above his pay grade.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:11 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We have absolutely seen this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/s...-strategy.html

Fortunately the Giants players figure this out and executed it brilliantly.
:-)

You can’t possibly be this stupid
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:12 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because he doesn't and you're an idiot.
Nothing more needs to be said really.

Toss this argument in the fire along with the "Mahomes needs better footwork" argument.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:13 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

You can’t possibly be this stupid
I didn't click on it because i KNEW the situations wouldn't be remotely similar, without even knowing the situation in the link.

Welp, decided to click on it and.....sure enough....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:14 PM 11-21-2018
Are people similarly shitting on mcvay’s clock management?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:16 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Having a great Quarterback like Mahomes is going to help Reid but it still doesn't change the dumb stuff he does. You can make an argument that Reid is even more one-sided now because he's so excited about having Mahomes. He spends all his time working with Mahomes and the offense.

Reid should be an offensive coordinator but he's too good to not get promoted above his pay grade.
Have a glance a Reid’s coaching tree and kindly shut the **** up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:17 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Grass is always greener...so no.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nothing more needs to be said really.

Toss this argument in the fire along with the "Mahomes needs better footwork" argument.
You are arguing that Andy Reid does not have a serious problem with clock management?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:17 PM 11-21-2018
That would worry me quite a bit, having the ball with less than 2 minutes left and passing was it twice or three times? They got bailed out twice by Huge punts the last being to our goal line That Hill tried to return.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:19 PM 11-21-2018
I actually think mcvay got away with one there. I don't know what he was thinking dialing up a pass play on second down that stopped the clock.
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 11-21-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's not just clock management. It's situational game management. And it's not just occasional brain farts. It's doing the same thing for 20 years in the same situation and never changing. Reid sitting on leads is enfuriating. Mahomes dominates an offense, our defense makes a few key stops, and like clockwork Reid switches to a safe gameplan that looks nothing like what was working. Who in an organization can stop him from doing that? Like Alex Smith, you're not going to change his ways.

Our only hope is mahomes eventually will. I don't think he feels he has the right yet to rebel against Reid's situational playcalling. Not yet.
What the hell are you talking about? Rebel against playcalling? For the Qb? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:23 PM 11-21-2018
Bengals at Ravens last Sunday, 10:15 left in the 3rd quarter, Bengals ahead by only 1 leading 14 to Ravens 13. Ball is on Ravens own 45 and it's 4th and 1. John Harbaugh said go for it, Lamar Jackson quarterback sneak to left no gain, ball turns over to Cincy in Ravens territory with 25 minutes left in the game. Harbaugh challenges and replay upholds the call, Ravens lose a timeout. 7 plays later Bengals score TD, now ahead 21 to 13.

Does going for 4 and 1 in your own territory down by only 1 early in the second half sound like a wise coaching decision? I didn't think so, that's why I think Harbaugh will be gone this year. Anyway, every team that doesn't make it to the Super Bowl and wins had lousy play calling per their fans. Just this morning I read in the paper an editorial that said Green Bay should fire Mike McCarthy, he has Aaron Rodgers pass way too much, which I agree with.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 240
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up