ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 207
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:58 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Actually saw Taylor rye and Blanton’s on the same shelf this week. New Year resolutions seems to be keeping things around longer than usual.
I swear, STL is a goddamn black hole for good bourbon.

I bought the only two bottles of Taylor Straight Rye I've seen in 5 years a few weeks back. Haven't seen a bottle of Blanton's in over a year.

Meanwhile, the wife spends a lot of time working in SWMO, and pretty regularly comes home with a bottle of Taylor, Eagle Rare and Blanton's.

Seems somewhat easy to get everywhere else.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:

I bought the only two bottles of Taylor Straight Rye I've seen in 5 years a few weeks back. Haven't seen a bottle of Blanton's in over a year.

Meanwhile, the wife spends a lot of time working in SWMO, and pretty regularly comes home with a bottle of Taylor, Eagle Rare and Blanton's.

I can get eagle rare or Taylor’s everyday all day here in Springfield .

Blantons is tougher to come by but can usually be found
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:02 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can get eagle rare or Taylor’s everyday all day here in Springfield .

Blantons is tougher to come by but can usually be found
Makes no goddamn sense.
[Reply]
O.city 09:05 PM 01-29-2019
Makes no goddamn sense.
Let me know if you want anything I’ll ship it to you
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:08 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Let me know if you want anything I’ll ship it to you
She's down there 2-3 times a month, so we're covered. But I appreciate the offer.

Right now I'm fucking kicking myself for passing up a bottle of A Midwinter's Night Dram on her last trip.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:09 PM 01-29-2019

Anything worth secondary value that hits here and you better be on your social media game or know someone, but I've noticed January is a good time as people are reeling from the holidays and/or committing to diets. I'll occasionally see Blanton's and maybe a Taylor Single Barrel, but this was a first for Rye. My strategy here is boutique beer stores that sell whiskey and spots that may get a small drop but who's demographic doesn't really care and they fly under the radar. The hood.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:22 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Anything worth secondary value that hits here and you better be on your social media game or know someone, but I've noticed January is a good time as people are reeling from the holidays and/or committing to diets. I'll occasionally see Blanton's and maybe a Taylor Single Barrel, but this was a first for Rye. My strategy here is boutique beer stores that sell whiskey and spots that may get a small drop but who's demographic doesn't really care and they fly under the radar. The hood.
I was wondering how they recently had 4 bottles of Blantons available at a place down the road from where I work. Kind of makes sense now.

Holiday money spent on top of NY resolutions make demand lower I guess.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:14 AM 01-30-2019
Right now I'm ****ing kicking myself for passing up a bottle of A Midwinter's Night Dram on her last trip.
I got some before Christmas. Holy shit is it delicious.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:30 AM 02-14-2019
I was in NWAR yesterday and found a bottle of High West Rendevous Rye for $35. I picked it up and was pleasantly surprised. I usually prefer bourbon and scotch to rye, but it was very good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:35 PM 02-23-2019
Buffalo trace tonight
[Reply]
phisherman 09:14 AM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I was in NWAR yesterday and found a bottle of High West Rendevous Rye for $35. I picked it up and was pleasantly surprised. I usually prefer bourbon and scotch to rye, but it was very good.
That's super cheap for Rendezvous Rye. That bottle is usually over $50, even when on sale. High West's Double Rye is closer to that price point $32-35.

Both are delicious.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:15 AM 02-24-2019
So I got dad a bottle of Buffalo Trace for Christmas, he drank it in about 2 months. Which is actually really quick for him, a battle of Single Barrel Jack would last him a year. So I would say it was a hit with him. I also bought myself a bottle
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:42 AM 03-07-2019
Barton 1792 is having a Malaysian Air level last 12 months.

120,000 gallons of fermented mash spills at Barton 1792 distillery in Bardstown

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ry/3071517002/
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:54 PM 03-20-2019
If you haven't been to Bourbon Country, you're missing out.

Made a spur of the moment decision to spend a few days visiting distilleries and drinking, and it was a blast. Can't wait to go back.

Brought 10 bottles home. Now have around 25 on the bar.
[Reply]
Miles 11:03 PM 03-22-2019
Was exited as hell to land a bottle of Weller Antique earlier this week. Got to have a pretty good pour of George T Stagg after work at a bar today an it ruined everything I own. I’ve had nothing close to how much I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 207
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up