ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts the day after
TwistedChief 04:32 AM 09-20-2021
Went to bed embarrassed and mad. Woke up fine.

We've lost so infrequently over the past couple years that I think we've forgotten how to do it. And how to cope with it as fans.

That defensive performance was about as pathetic as I can ever remember. Literally no saving grace on that front. And that's concerning. But we can acknowledge that these two matchups were particularly bad for this team and we've seen Spags' defenses look lost in the past only to make adjustments and find a way to improve to semi-respectable.

The reality is we played a NUMBER of close games like this last year and each and every time the ball bounced our way. Now, a lot of that is because we have Mahomes who has papered over endless deficiencies for the last few years, but even as a recently as last week, if Chubb doesn't fumble, do we win that game? What is the narrative like then?

Clyde looks bad. Like, even below the status of a normal JAG running back. But I don't think you can fault Andy for running the ball in that situation. It's not like the guy has a LeSean McCoy recent history of fumbling for you (or at all). It happened. It sucks.

Anyway, guys, this is no different from prior seasons. We can beat any team. We have Mahomes and 99% of the time Clyde isn't fumbling there, Butker kicks a FG, we end up winning the game, and we're all doing cartwheels and looking forward to the Chargers. It didn't happen here, but that doesn't make us materially worse as a football team.

This team ex-Mahomes has been soft. Hopefully this toughens us up. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:36 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Welp guess we know who’s taking CEH’s roster spot now.
Ha. Well we know that won't happen. They're gonna go right back to Clyde next week. First play will be to him I'm sure.

But I was looking at the Chiefs active roster to see who actually could be replaceable. Who the hell is Drew Scott? It says we have 2 long snappers on the current active roster? Is that correct?

https://www.nfl.com/teams/kansas-city-chiefs/roster
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 AM 09-21-2021
Jarran Reed? ....more like David Copperfield because he just keeps disappearing!!!!!
[Reply]
lcarus 10:13 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Jarran Reed? ....more like David Copperfield because he just keeps disappearing!!!!!
I had to honestly ask if he played these first 2 games. I wasn't sure.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:14 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I had to honestly ask if he played these first 2 games. I wasn't sure.
Did he? I didn't even see him out there.
[Reply]
FAX 10:22 AM 09-21-2021
My rage is not abating. In fact, it is exponentially growing.

There is no freaking way we should have lost that game. No excuse. No reasonable justification.

Wally should be kicked in the nuts forthwith. Eric Bee Enemy should be drawn and quartered. And Spagnoliolio deserves to be drowned in rancid walrus urine.

An utter disgrace.

FAX
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:34 AM 09-21-2021

Passing on Ingram was a mistake for KC. He showed some juice last year, and they need all the help they can get with the pass rush. https://t.co/3yF3WUOaiN

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:43 AM 09-21-2021
Titans may have even worse luck than we do at finding pass rushers. Clowney was a complete bust for them last season at $15 million and Dupree signed for 5 years $82.5 million.
[Reply]
TLO 10:49 AM 09-21-2021
I'm ready for Sunday. We need to kick the Chargers ASS
[Reply]
BossChief 11:00 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
For a team that utilizes the passing game as an extension of the running game, who also has the best QB on the planet, when no one had covered Kelce all night, (or really anyone other than Tyreek) when you need to run the clock AND gain positive yardage...

And you give the ball to a RB who had gained precisely ONE yard in the previous 4? drives combined?

I just can't get on board with the call.
Agreed. It was like not running Lynch on the 1 yard line.
[Reply]
TEX 11:01 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Welp. Some some of us did want him. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 09-21-2021
Who are the top competition in the conference?

Bills
Browns
Ravens

I can’t think of any others. We beat the Browns and had the Ravens beat while playing the absolute worst defense possible.

Fix the issue even moderately and we are the favorites to win the conference again
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:15 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Welp. Some some of us did want him. :-)
At one point Kerrigan, Clowney, Houston and Ingram were all on the market.

I was certain the Chiefs would sign one of them.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:44 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
At one point Kerrigan, Clowney, Houston and Ingram were all on the market.

I was certain the Chiefs would sign one of them.
Veach hasn't been very good as a GM so far... He's been OK but there's some real head scratching moves he has made.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Chiefs are spending 25% of their cap on the DL - the highest in the NFL - and have the 5th highest-paid LB in Hitchens. And we're the absolute worst run defense in the history of this planet.

That just seems hard to do.
Frank Clark trade is killing the dline
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:57 AM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Veach hasn't been very good as a GM so far... He's been OK but there's some real head scratching moves he has made.

Frank Clark trade is killing the dline
Without that deal that's "killing us" we don't win a SB. 50 ****ing years we waited. I'll take the ensuing two years of poor production and wasted cap space over not winning a Super Bowl. We are clear of that contract after this year.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:28 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Without that deal that's "killing us" we don't win a SB. 50 ****ing years we waited. I'll take the ensuing two years of poor production and wasted cap space over not winning a Super Bowl. We are clear of that contract after this year.
Bunch of coverage sacks during the playoffs is reason Chiefs won SB?

Look I appreciate what every player did in that SB run but we signed him for longer then one-year. Stop w the sentiment and it's easy to see it was a bad trade.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Up