ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 328 of 382
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338378 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shag 08:18 PM 10-04-2021
Had to steal a photo, as I forgot to take one before scootering to the couch (damn ankle surgery), but drinking this right now:

BA English Barleywine that's damn fucking good. Nice barrel flavor, incredibly smooth for 13% - not a bit of harshness.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 PM 10-04-2021
I should drink more barleywines.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:05 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I should drink more barleywines.
Explain this. I see that term a lot but can't say I know what it is or a comparison for if I'd like it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:26 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Explain this. I see that term a lot but can't say I know what it is or a comparison for if I'd like it.
For the most part they're just stronger/higher ABV ales... made with more malt/barley and in turn with more hops for balance. I generally get a toffee/caramel vibe from them that's even better if it's bourbon barrel aged.

If you like Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad, I would guess that you'd enjoy a BBA barleywine... or if you ever drink a strong ale.
[Reply]
Shag 09:31 PM 10-04-2021
It's also worth noting that English vs American barleywines are significantly different. American barleywines are much more hopped, which despite being a giant hop head, I don't love - I much prefer an english barleywine. They're sweeter and smoother, and much easier drinking.

My all-time favorite BA barleywine is Sucaba, from Firestone Walker. If you have access to FW, see if you can find one.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:35 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
It's also worth noting that English vs American barleywines are significantly different. American barleywines are much more hopped, which despite being a giant hop head, I don't love - I much prefer an english barleywine. They're sweeter and smoother, and much easier drinking.

My all-time favorite BA barleywine is Sucaba, from Firestone Walker. If you have access to FW, see if you can find one.
I had a friend give me one of those a few years ago! It was awesome and I forgot about it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:25 AM 10-05-2021
Barleywine Is Life
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:55 AM 10-06-2021
In the world of beer and bourbon overlap, Revolution here in Chicago is part of the new WhistlePig Sasquatch series, a one off cask finished project.

Rev sent them 3 barrels of freshly dumped Cuvee de Grace for the project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUqw8TEg..._web_copy_link
[Reply]
Shag 09:02 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
In the world of beer and bourbon overlap, Revolution here in Chicago is part of the new WhistlePig Sasquatch series, a one off cask finished project.

Rev sent them 3 barrels of freshly dumped Cuvee de Grace for the project.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUqw8TEg..._web_copy_link
Looks like they're using WP Rye, too - would love to try that. Wonder if they'd ship me a bottle...
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:27 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by Shag:
Looks like they're using WP Rye, too - would love to try that. Wonder if they'd ship me a bottle...
They're $174.99 and will be purchased direct through WhistlePig's e-commerce platform and delivered to your door. Here are the states that they can't ship to:

AL, AK, GA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, MT, NE, NC, ND, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WV, WY
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:27 PM 10-09-2021
Boulevard must have got tired of hearing they suck at stouts, they're on a roll lately! This one isn't quite as good as the Magic Drip imo (because I love coffee stouts) but still very tasty and almost as strong @ 13.3%
Attached: dDkr68Kg.jpg (67.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:33 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Boulevard must have got tired of hearing they suck at stouts, they're on a roll lately! This one isn't quite as good as the Magic Drip imo (because I love coffee stouts) but still very tasty and almost as strong @ 13.3%
I meant to post a link to that the other day... saw it on FB and then promptly forgot about it. Will definitely pick up a 4 pack once it makes it here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:36 PM 10-09-2021
Forever respect for Boulevard, they got me into craft beer and its what's in the glass that ultimately matters but they have some of the least exciting packaging and formats.

Anytime I see Boulevard try and do something fun

I'd still try them all though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:48 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Forever respect for Boulevard, they got me into craft beer and its what's in the glass that ultimately matters but they have some of the least exciting packaging and formats.

Anytime I see Boulevard try and do something fun

I'd still try them all though.
LOL... I do appreciate the consistency in that you know exactly what you're buying at first glance. Some of the minimalist designs or abstract art, etc, leave you searching the can for any kind of pertinent information like you're standing in O'Reillys trying to figure out if you're buying the right oil filter.

There's of course a lot of middle ground between those though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:54 PM 10-09-2021
On my second one...this shit is VERY sweet, if you don't like pastry/dessert stouts don't waste your money. I'm enjoying it very much though.
[Reply]
Page 328 of 382
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338378 > Last »
Up