ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 382
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 10:23 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It is actually going to VA with a sixer of Santo in exchange for a case of Yuengling Black & Tans.

New Label:

Nice. Never been a Santo fan, and I haven't tried Yuengling black & tan, but I really enjoyed that gingerbread stout.

What bar do you visit when you're in Houston? I just always go to the flying saucer because it's a safe bet, but I'd like to try something new.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:49 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Nice. Never been a Santo fan, and I haven't tried Yuengling black & tan, but I really enjoyed that gingerbread stout.

What bar do you visit when you're in Houston? I just always go to the flying saucer because it's a safe bet, but I'd like to try something new.
Depends. I go to Reserve 101 because it is right across the street from work. Its focus is more on whiskey than beer though. Flying Saucer is good. The Conservatory is also really cool being sort of a beer garden with a lot of taps, 40 some I believe, and four separate restaurants to go eat at in a small court. 8th Wonder's taproom is really close to work as well and the price is right, $4 for a beer. They don't sell bottled beer though. I did see cans at HEB tonight so I guess they are distributing more.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:51 PM 07-29-2016
Depends. I got to Reserve 101 because it is right across the street from work. Its focus is more on whiskey than beer though. Flying Saucer is good. The Conservatory is also really cool being sort of a beer garden with a lot of taps, 40 some I believe, and four separate restaurants to go eat at in a small court.
Thanks. The Conservatory sounds nice. The wife would love that. I think she's tired of eating the Flying Saucer's pretzel app while I drink beer.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:56 PM 07-29-2016
Thanks. The Conservatory sounds nice. The wife would love that. I think she's tired of eating the Flying Saucer's pretzel app while I drink beer.
8th Wonder is another one. It is in a little seedy area but the price is right. $4 for a beer. They only serve their beer but they have a neat little set up with a food truck in their outside sitting area.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:11 PM 07-29-2016
8th Wonder is another one. It is in a little seedy area but the price is right. $4 for a beer. They only serve their beer but they have a neat little set up with a food truck in their outside sitting area.
8th Wonder was my initial choice when I visited Buffalo Bayou back in late 2014. They were closed that weekend, though. I definitely still plan to check them out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:05 AM 07-30-2016
I wonder how breweries/craft beer stores decide what sizes theyear will fill?

The craft beer store in Lafayette will only fill 32 oz. growlers. It has to be a special occasion to get a 64 oz pour.
Yeah, I'm not sure, maybe state or local laws? Chicago will pretty much fill anything from anywhere and cap and seal it. Then places like HF will only fill certain sizes, types, and you have to bring your own cap.

Hopefully crowlers will become the standard at some point down the road.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:01 AM 07-30-2016
I thought the flying saucer in kc sucked ass. Maximum drink limit? DUMB
[Reply]
lewdog 01:44 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I use this one from time to time.

I can't speak to insulated growlers, I only have glass. I try to consume them within a week of being filled at the max and once opened within 24 hours depending on the beer. Ideally, the sooner the better though.
Damn, that's a nice looking one! I might have to look for something cool like that since our Growlers will be sitting out on our bar when not in use.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:08 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Was it actually enforced? I've been to both the KC and StL locations numerous times and have never been cutoff.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:32 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Was it actually enforced? I've been to both the KC and StL locations numerous times and have never been cutoff.
Couldn't tell you, we were gonna order and were to where they said the limit was before we even got menus so we left and went to minskys.
[Reply]
TimBone 04:00 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I've never had a problem with cut off limits at the Flying Saucer. The only problem I've ever had at any Flying Saucer was at the one in Fort Worth. They wouldn't let me build my own flight.
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:03 PM 07-30-2016
Anybody have any luck finding boulevard Zon? I found two bottles in Wichita. It's my favorite beer and they are retiring it. I'll pay someone who runs across some. I'll be in KC next month.

They don't sell it in Oklahoma.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:01 PM 07-30-2016
Went to the place located by us that rotates quite a few taps from around the country. Asked about Boulevard Brewing and he said he had some stuff from them last month. Good to know for the future. Went with a local brew tonight in a growler. My wife never drinks beer. Outside of ciders, the first beer she ever finished was a sour a few weekends ago. Went with another sour tonight that she actually liked. It's progress I suppose.

Dubina Guns N Goses
4.5% ABV Gose
Dubina Brewing Company
Glendale, AZ
Tart and slightly salty from the addition of pink Himalayan sea salt.

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:25 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Went to the place located by us that rotates quite a few taps from around the country. Asked about Boulevard Brewing and he said he had some stuff from them last month. Good to know for the future. Went with a local brew tonight in a growler. My wife never drinks beer. Outside of ciders, the first beer she ever finished was a sour a few weekends ago. Went with another sour tonight that she actually liked. It's progress I suppose.

Dubina Guns N Goses
4.5% ABV Gose
Dubina Brewing Company
Glendale, AZ
Tart and slightly salty from the addition of pink Himalayan sea salt.

I'm a fan of Dubina, been to their taproom twice while down for spring training. They seem to focus on unique Euro styles. I've had a Grodziskie there that was like drinking a pureed smoked sausage, and a Sahti which was excellent. I'll probably hit them again when I'm down in March.

Pic from last March.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:17 PM 07-31-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm a fan of Dubina, been to their taproom twice while down for spring training. They seem to focus on unique Euro styles. I've had a Grodziskie there that was like drinking a pureed smoked sausage, and a Sahti which was excellent. I'll probably hit them again when I'm down in March.

Pic from last March.

Looks awesome. I've never been to much of this because the wife doesn't like beer, but now she's actually trying some and seems to like the sours. So I'll have to check that place out. Adding these places on Facebook so I can see what they have on tap.

My 64oz growler was killed in less than 24 hours.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 382
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268318 > Last »
Up