ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 344 of 352
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:32 AM 04-22-2022
It was quite obvious (at least to me) from somewhere around January that he should have been the #1 overall pick over Wiggins and Parker. And maybe he would have been had he not got injured and had a NCAA tournament run, but I don't think the hype around Wiggins coming out of HS was ever going to allow that to happen. Would have taken a lot for a team to take that kind of risk on a guy who was virtually unknown 6 months before over Wiggins.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:00 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was quite obvious (at least to me) from somewhere around January that he should have been the #1 overall pick over Wiggins and Parker. And maybe he would have been had he not got injured and had a NCAA tournament run, but I don't think the hype around Wiggins coming out of HS was ever going to allow that to happen. Would have taken a lot for a team to take that kind of risk on a guy who was virtually unknown 6 months before over Wiggins.
If Wiggins had half the aggressiveness/confidence Embiid has, he'd be the best player in the NBA.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:10 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
If Wiggins had half the aggressiveness/confidence Embiid has, he'd be the best player in the NBA.
I'm not sure I'd go that far as his basketball IQ is and always has been poor in my mind, but his physical talents are immense.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:39 AM 04-22-2022
I will say I’m really happy to see Wiggins settle into a niche as a contributor with a good team. Always seemed like a good dude.

Easy to dominate high school kids when you’re that size and that athletic. He was still damn good as a freshman, even if he didn’t live up to the hype.

I hope he stays with the Warriors as long as they’re relevant. He could win a few titles and have a really nice career overall.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:40 AM 04-22-2022
I'm not sure I'd go that far as his basketball IQ is and always has been poor in my mind, but his physical talents are immense.
Right. I supposed we'd have to chuck in some brain power as well, but I'm not entirely convinced it isn't largely due to his passive nature.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:42 AM 04-22-2022
Enjoyed watching Wiggins' burst and blowing by defenders in college when he forced the issue.... all 3 or 4 of those times.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:04 AM 04-22-2022
Didn't see it posted here yet:

Jalen Wilson has signed with a professional agency. They have one agent that is NCAA certified. He hasn't announced anything, just shared on social media that he signed with an agency.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...aft-186495266/

https://web3.ncaa.org/AgentCertifica...AgentDirectory

Edit to say one agent who is certified in Kansas. I didn't realize that made a difference. Christ I hate the NCAA.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:31 AM 04-22-2022
A true seven footer with back and foot problems before he finished his freshman year of college.

What could go wrong?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:37 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
His progression throughout his one season at Kansas was remarkable. I can't say I have ever seen anything like it.

This is an interesting narrative (that he got so much better over the course of the year) but I don't know if I buy it. I think we've just told this story to ourselves so now we believe it. Looking at game logs he was good in the beginnning of the season, he was good in the middle, and he was good at the end of the season with actually very consistent stat lines.

He went 7-7, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks for 16 points against Iona in November.

He went 5-6, 5 rebs, 3 steals, 4 blocks for 18 points against New Mexico in mid December.

He went 6-7, 8 rebs, 3 blocks for 18 points vs Texas Tech in middle of February.

He was shut down after Mar 1.

Now that storyline about Kelly Oubre I could get behind until he shit himself in March.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:46 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Enjoyed watching Wiggins' burst and blowing by defenders in college when he forced the issue.... all 3 or 4 of those times.
If anything, Wiggins was too assertive in college. We should have given Joel more usage instead of Wiggins due to efficiency. People just don't like Wiggins because he is more of a quiet personality. They say things like he isn't an alpha. He shot PLENTY here, which actually has been a significant problem for him. Letting the game come to him and taking the right quality shots has been his issue in the NBA which Golden State has helped him fix and it's done wonders.

Wiggins was a guy that forced the issue and got himself to the line a TON when he was here (6.5 per game). In fact, Wiggins forced himself to the line more than any other Kansas Bill Self player EXCEPT one year of Frank Mason in 2017.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:00 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If anything, Wiggins was too assertive in college. We should have given Joel more usage instead of Wiggins due to efficiency. People just don't like Wiggins because he is more of a quiet personality. They say things like he isn't an alpha. He shot PLENTY here, which actually has been a significant problem for him. Letting the game come to him and taking the right quality shots has been his issue in the NBA which Golden State has helped him fix and it's done wonders.

Wiggins was a guy that forced the issue and got himself to the line a TON when he was here (6.5 per game). In fact, Wiggins forced himself to the line more than any other Kansas Bill Self player EXCEPT one year of Frank Mason in 2017.
Sometimes Wiggins did that. Other games he was totally passive. See the loss to Stanford.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 04:17 PM 04-23-2022
So Pack transfers to Miami for 800k and a car. And to think DeSousa's 25-50k under armor/adidas thing prompted a multi-year investigation that still isn't resolved. Good on him though, Miami is a vast college upgrade.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:04 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
So Pack transfers to Miami for 800k and a car. And to think DeSousa's 25-50k under armor/adidas thing prompted a multi-year investigation that still isn't resolved. Good on him though, Miami is a vast college upgrade.
I woulds paid him 1.1M.

Great shooter.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:28 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sometimes Wiggins did that. Other games he was totally passive. See the loss to Stanford.
If Conner Frankamp had hit that third three in a row we win that game and he probably doesn't transfer and we'd have had to deal with that bald headed douchebag with the helicopter dad for four years.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:34 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If Conner Frankamp had hit that third three in a row we win that game and he probably doesn't transfer and we'd have had to deal with that bald headed douchebag with the helicopter dad for four years.
Net gain.
[Reply]
Page 344 of 352
« First < 244294334340341342343344 345346347348 > Last »
Up