ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
DaKCMan AP 07:44 PM 11-12-2007
Anyone else watch this show? I think it's fantastic. Great writing!
[Reply]
Frazod 02:54 PM 04-30-2024
I never watched this when it was on TV, but I've seen a lot of clips on YouTube that are funny as hell. I don't get the hate for it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:01 PM 04-30-2024
It’s a good show.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:27 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have reached a new low. Im now binge watching Big Bang Theory.
Which streaming platform actually carries it? I have just about all of them and never see it on any.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:52 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, this show is so ****ing dumb. I don't understand the people that enjoy it. "Oh it's got a hot chick in it", like there's not thousands of hot chicks that you can look at naked online.
Let me.guess....you thought Friends and Seinfeld was quality entertainment?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Which streaming platform actually carries it? I have just about all of them and never see it on any.
I'm watching it on HBO or MAX.

I will say Sheldon grows on you. Once you understand what and who he is. They never actually say he's autistic but he is very high functioning autistic in the show with a mix of savant syndrome. Obviously its grandiose for tv though.

Just a typical turn ur mind off and veg out Chuck Lorre production.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:24 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Let me.guess....you thought Friends and Seinfeld was quality entertainment?
Explain how this show is any different than either of those.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:45 PM Yesterday
I did a ctrl-f for 'laugh' and sure enough 10 years ago people were complaining about the laugh track... it's obnoxious.

I've never started Big Bang from the beginning, but just seeing random episodes it seemed like it was just okay.... I just reached the end of Young Sheldon and found that show to be quite a bit funnier, but will probably give BBT a shot one day.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:10 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I did a ctrl-f for 'laugh' and sure enough 10 years ago people were complaining about the laugh track... it's obnoxious.

I've never started Big Bang from the beginning, but just seeing random episodes it seemed like it was just okay.... I just reached the end of Young Sheldon and found that show to be quite a bit funnier, but will probably give BBT a shot one day.
I'm quite sure BBT was filmed in front of a live audience. There's one really funny scene in particular, where Penny gives Sheldon a napkin autographed by Leonard Nimoy, that you can hear somebody in the audience with an obnoxious laugh so loud that it was distracting. No way that was part of a laugh track.

As for Young Sheldon, the commercials for it annoyed me enough that I've never watched a minute of it. That kid is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Of course, I'm a cranky old fart who's never had any kids, so pretty much all kids are like fingernails on a chalkboard.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:29 PM Yesterday
BBT is a great show. SMART people navigating life. Johnny Galikie's looks are amazing.

No one is without issues. Adding the girls added a better dimension. Raj should have tried harder with the redhead.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm quite sure BBT was filmed in front of a live audience. There's one really funny scene in particular, where Penny gives Sheldon a napkin autographed by Leonard Nimoy, that you can hear somebody in the audience with an obnoxious laugh so loud that it was distracting. No way that was part of a laugh track.

As for Young Sheldon, the commercials for it annoyed me enough that I've never watched a minute of it. That kid is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Of course, I'm a cranky old fart who's never had any kids, so pretty much all kids are like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Once in a while shows bring in professional laughers. This may have been overboard.

Yes, it is a thing.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Once in a while shows bring in professional laughers. This may have been overboard.

Yes, it is a thing.
It was a funny show. I can't believe they'd bother with that. There was just no need.
[Reply]
Fish 10:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Frazod:

They do use a live audience. But they also edit the laugh track by adding and removing noise to fit their needs. Which results in a very overused canned format that is insanely annoying once you notice it. Lots of sitcoms do the same thing, but this show just hammered it mercilessly. You start to notice the actors stopping dialog for no other reason than totally pointless laughter.

[Reply]
Frazod 11:08 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Fish:
They do use a live audience. But they also edit the laugh track by adding and removing noise to fit their needs. Which results in a very overused canned format that is insanely annoying once you notice it. Lots of sitcoms do the same thing, but this show just hammered it mercilessly. You start to notice the actors stopping dialog for no other reason than totally pointless laughter.

I guess I never really thought about it, but that does make sense. I've seen those scenes on YouTube and it's definitely kind of jarring to hear them without the laughter.

Maybe it's because I'm used to it, or conditioned by decades of laugh tracks, but it just doesn't really bother me. I've seen clips from M*A*S*H that don't have the canned laughter, and they just seen wrong. I'm also not really a fan of modern comedies that don't have it.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up