ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tee Higgins Wants "Outrageous" Bag
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 02-03-2023

Report: Bengals WR Tee Higgins "could be traded" for a top draft pick if the team can't reach an extension with him and the money he's asking for is "outrageous", per @TheAtlantic

Higgins is entering the final year of his rookie contract, and went over 1,000 back to back seasons pic.twitter.com/cW0bKNxKqO

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 3, 2023

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:48 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
“Cincy drafts well. That’s how they got all this talent”

When you draft top 5 for a decade you should accumulate talent. Let’s see how they do drafting at the bottom of each round for a few years.
Yup, success brings on a whole new level of complexity

We'll soon find out if Cincy is legit, or a flash in the pan
[Reply]
Eureka 11:51 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Paying a guy market salary AND giving up a first round draft choice doesn't usually work out well. If there is a team willing to do that, if you're the Bengals, you immediately pull the trigger.
I Guess we'll find out next week if trading a 1st and paying top salary to WR works out well.

[Reply]
wazu 11:57 AM 02-04-2023
Really, the Bengals need to pay whatever studs are up for new contracts right now. Burrow will only be cheapish for next couple of years. This is their window. Do that and draft well. But take advantage of that cap space and try to win a title before Burrow is costing $50M per year.
[Reply]
rico 11:58 AM 02-04-2023
Every time he jumps on the screen I can’t help, but think how awesome it’d be if Mahomes/Chiefs had the dude.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:01 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by rico:
Every time he jumps on the screen I can’t help, but think how awesome it’d be if Mahomes/Chiefs had the dude.
MVS on steroids would certainly be nice, but I'm afriad he's gonna be too rich for our blood
[Reply]
scho63 12:05 PM 02-04-2023
Of all the player positions in football, wide receivers are the biggest money hungry divas.

I can't remember a single one working their contract to help the team stay together.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:06 PM 02-04-2023
If you believe Burrow is elite, you trade him now to get something for him while his value is high.

If you believe Burrow needs all these "top" weapons, you keep him, maybe franchise him and try to keep all these weapons for 1-2 more years.

But he's not even the best WR on their team so IMO you don't pay him big WR money. Let someone else eat that as it rarely works out.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:08 PM 02-04-2023
Dov seems to be rather fucking stupid.

This is the actual quote

"If the numbers are outrageous and it’s clear the two sides won’t see eye to eye, the Bengals could go the route taken by multiple teams in recent seasons and deal the receiver for a top draft pick and start the cycle over with a rookie receiver."

What a fucking moron and didn't even quote the right source.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:21 PM 02-04-2023
If your QB is truly elite, you don't need to overspend at WR.

Tom Brady's 7 rings say hi.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:24 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who’s got a qb on a rookie deal that needs a good wr?

The bears maybe?
Cheatriots. They can make this happen if need be I think.
[Reply]
In58men 12:26 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

This is true, just use the money on defense and let the elite QB throw to mediocre guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:28 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Brady also had the good fortune of playing for an owner who is a Jesuit
[Reply]
mkp785 12:31 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
It would be hard for agent to go along with that. Tory Dandy was agent for DK Metcalf, AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel. Last year all were 2nd rounders going into 4th year. Tee Higgins agent would look like a bad agent if he does not get an extension or trade and extend,

If Chiefs can have Mahomes, Kelce, Thuney, Jones, Brown and Clark paid what they are paid, Bengals can afford to pay Higgins, Chase and Burrow.

Bengals should keep them and pay them all, and the talk about it being impossible is fans of other teams rooting against them out of fear or speculative schadenfreude.
I don't think it's the same at all.

Bengals are looking at 100m for just Burrow, Chase and Higgins. Without any other players. That's crazy.

This says nothing about Mike Brown being 1 of the cheapest owners historically speaking. They will trade this yr or the next and then draft a dude. They'll still have Boyd and of course Chase.

Higgins is gone though. They can't do it. Even a rich owner like Jones or Kroenke wouldn't be happy about 100m for 3 players....Bengals owner is not cutting those kinda checks.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:35 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
“Cincy drafts well. That’s how they got all this talent”

When you draft top 5 for a decade you should accumulate talent. Let’s see how they do drafting at the bottom of each round for a few years.
They’ll be fine IMO. Tee Higgins, Logan Wilson, Jessie Bates, Sam Hubbard, Joseph Ossai (who was really good until that penalty) and their good kicker were drafted after the first rd. Their 2nd rd corner has been solid as well.

They’ve proven themselves to be a good drafting team
[Reply]
Iconic 12:46 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
This is true, just use the money on defense and let the elite QB throw to mediocre guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
interesting. model seems clear enough. build a top 10 defense and mahomes will take us to the promise land.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up