ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
O.city 12:40 PM 03-29-2021
Any plan that will reduce the amount of times the ball is in Mahomes hand should be scrapped. Why in the world would we want to do that?
[Reply]
Chargem 01:54 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Any plan that will reduce the amount of times the ball is in Mahomes hand should be scrapped. Why in the world would we want to do that?
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but the Chiefs just need to increase their percentage of 2 tight end sets, but not decrease their passing percentage.

I would be amazed if defenses still played 2 deep shells against that kind of formation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:01 PM 03-29-2021
Now get Okung/Ingram, nail the draft and head back to a 3rd straight SB. Fuck, we probably have enough already.
[Reply]
O.city 01:23 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Now get Okung/Ingram, nail the draft and head back to a 3rd straight SB. ****, we probably have enough already.
I'm just not an Okung fan. I'd rather draft someone in the first or second and play him at LT>
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 03-29-2021
I'm just not an Okung fan. I'd rather draft someone in the first or second and play him at LT>
Signing Okung or another stop-gap allows you take the best long-term prospect at LT. It's a win-win.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:32 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Signing Okung or another stop-gap allows you take the best long-term prospect at LT. It's a win-win.
That’s the thing though...

Okung is always hurt.

If you sign him, the rookie needs to be ready to play anyway...so just rip the bandaid off, let the kid play next to a really good LG that will help him snd spend that 7-10m on another position that can either

help Mahomes score points
or
keep opposing teams from scoring (Houston)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s the thing though...

Okung is always hurt.

If you sign him, the rookie needs to be ready to play anyway...so just rip the bandaid off, let the kid play next to a really good LG that will help him snd spend that 7-10m on another position that can either

help Mahomes score points
or
keep opposing teams from scoring (Houston)
Or just sign someone else then, it doesn't have to be Okung.

There's all kinds of possibilities. No need for tunnel vision.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 PM 03-29-2021
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

If we’re going the veteran route then at least you can count on Villanueva being able to play and be consistent. Okung is ALWAYS hurt.
[Reply]
bricks 01:36 PM 03-29-2021
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

If we’re going the veteran route then at least you can count on Villanueva being able to play and be consistent. Okung is ALWAYS hurt.
This. I agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 03-29-2021
Okung = Watkins

Watkins = Okung

Fine.

Villanueva then.

It doesn't really matter. Signing a bridge vet allows you the best probability to get the right LT in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fine.

Villanueva then.

It doesn't really matter. Signing a bridge vet allows you the best probability to get the right LT in the draft.
How does signing a vet matter in that regard?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 03-29-2021
:-)O

[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 03-29-2021
The best probability in the draft to get the right LT is to trade up for one of the elite prospects. Thats too costly. Or so I hear :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 03-29-2021
The best probability in the draft to get the right LT is to trade up for one of the elite prospects. Thats too costly. Or so I hear :-)
They're not trading up into the top 7-8 for a tackle. That's what it would take to get Sewell.

The gap between Slater/Darrisaw and Cosmi/Eichenberg isn't worth it.

You're just throwing away resources.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 03-29-2021
My apologies. They met with Teven Jenkins, a guy you're all convinced is a right tackle.

So much for that.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up