ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****NCAA Tourney Thread****
Pablo 06:18 PM 03-10-2021
Conference tourneys are in full swing, local schools going currently and the next couple days.

Madness is underway, next couple of weeks should be fun.

Viewing schedule and scoreboard in link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rackets-scores

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:35 PM 04-05-2021
Suggs did his best to keep them in this one but Kispert and Timme shrunk mentally in this game after they got hit in the mouth by a bigger, badder team with real athletes. Turns out learning how to overcome some adversity in a season makes a difference.

Baylor is a deserving champion and this kind of success was a long time coming for that program. It will also always be kind of funny how all of Drew’s set plays are things Self ran first.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:36 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Vital is 24?? He’s a grown ass man playing with boys. Dude could be hell of a Tight End
He's not Rico Gathers, but I'd offer him a UDFA contract.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:37 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
ahem.

I thought Gonzaga would do better than this. They're better than what they've done today. Several opportunities to get back in it and they flub it up.
You were right. They got suffocated by the better athletes and they couldn’t handle it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:38 PM 04-05-2021
Seems like there were a LOT of blowouts in the tournament this year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:38 PM 04-05-2021
He's not Rico Gathers, but I'd offer him a UDFA contract.
He’s 6 5 250 pounds. Yep that’s a TE right there
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:38 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Suggs did his best to keep them in this one but Kispert and Timme shrunk mentally in this game after they got hit in the mouth by a bigger, badder team with real athletes. Turns out learning how to overcome some adversity in a season makes a difference.

Baylor is a deserving champion and this kind of success was a long time coming for that program. It will also always be kind of funny how all of Drew’s set plays are things Self ran first.
Yeah, I thought Mitchell would rape their faces. I didn't think it would happen inside.

Baylor just has insane athletes and for once, they can play.

To be fair, if Self beat my ass for 15 years, I'd steal some shit too. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:39 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Thankfully, there will be no "Big 12! Big 12! Big 12!" chant.
I still remember walking out of the 2012 B12 championship game (MU v BU) to that chant only to watch MU lose to Norfolk 5 days later.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:40 PM 04-05-2021
You were right. They got suffocated by the better athletes and they couldn’t handle it.
Baylor deserved more credit than I gave them. They're mentally tougher than any team Drew has rolled out there. Hell of a team they have down there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 04-05-2021
Yeah, I thought Mitchell would rape their faces. I didn't think it would happen inside.

Baylor just has insane athletes and for once, they can play.

To be fair, if Self beat my ass for 15 years, I'd steal some shit too. :-)
Mitchell is gonna be a player in the NBA. Not the most natural scorer but he’s just gonna outwork guys. Maybe a Kyle Lowry type.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 PM 04-05-2021
Mitchell is gonna be a player in the NBA. Not the most natural scorer but he’s just gonna outwork guys. Maybe a Kyle Lowry type.
I have no idea how he's projected, but goddamn is he fast and slippery.

Tyshawn was probably the fastest dude I saw in the NCAAs, but Mitchell is close and is probably slipperier.

If he sticks in the league, I'll enjoy watching him. Dude can straight move.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:49 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Seems like there were a LOT of blowouts in the tournament this year.
Reminds me of every Alabama football game.
[Reply]
sedated 10:04 PM 04-05-2021
They're mentally tougher than any team Drew has rolled out there.
Baylor played tough games against eventual champions in the Elite 8 in 2010 and 2012, early in his tenure. Drew has a serious issue playing KU, but has been underrated.

(And I'd hope anyone in the KU hoops threads knows I've been saying this for years)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:31 PM 04-05-2021
Baylor played 17 teams in the regular season that made the tournament.

As good as the Zags were this year.
This game was over for the Zags, before it started.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Baylor played tough games against eventual champions in the Elite 8 in 2010 and 2012, early in his tenure. Drew has a serious issue playing KU, but has been underrated.

(And I'd hope anyone in the KU hoops threads knows I've been saying this for years)
Fair.

But this team is different. Drew has had what I thought to be incredibly talented rosters that got beat by lesser talented, tougher teams. They also weren't even remotely as skilled as this one top to bottom. He had guys that could fill it up on defensive breakdowns but if you stayed on them, they fell apart. And Drew can't scheme up easy baskets against good defenses.

But this team will fucking put it in your eye. Their big guys aren't maybe as skilled as some of the best guys they've had like Isiah Austin, but they're tougher.

This team is different than the others Drew has put out.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:18 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:

What do teams from 11 and 9 years ago have to do with this team as well as KU/regular season performance?
[Reply]
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Up