ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****NCAA Tourney Thread****
Pablo 06:18 PM 03-10-2021
Conference tourneys are in full swing, local schools going currently and the next couple days.

Madness is underway, next couple of weeks should be fun.

Viewing schedule and scoreboard in link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...rackets-scores

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:07 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You don't think a small, private school drawing 5 star recruits recently isn't paying them/family to go there?

Dream on.
Yeah GTFO with that shit. They’re all doing it.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:14 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah GTFO with that shit. They’re all doing it.
Exactly.

So fuck Gonzaga because I know way too many bandwagon fans who "LOVE" their basketball program from years back. And I went to college right across from their campus which further strengthened my hate!

Go Baylor!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:18 PM 04-04-2021
Gonzaga is a Nike school. It’s not a mystery why they are getting the players they do.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:19 PM 04-04-2021
Gonzaga isn’t a great matchup for Baylor’s athleticism. They couldn’t stay in front of Campbell and he’s not on the same level as Mitchell. Craftier, maybe, but not near the player. Vital isn’t a great matchup for Timme either, but I’m guessing Timme will be OK.

I think ultimately, unless Gonzaga can’t run with Baylor’s horses, if Gonzaga just stays sound, Baylor will probably give it away or let them back in with some sort of let down. Maybe that’s just the last 20 or so years of Scott Drew. This team is obviously different.

Honestly it will probably come down to the refs. There were several dudes that had to go sit by the coach because of Some weak ass calls. If they call a bunch of charges and don’t let Mitchell work, or tag any of the big guys with cheap fouls, it will probably be a garbage game.
Baylor needs to attack Timme defensively repeatedly it seems to me. He won’t be able to guard any of their guards on screens/switches.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:35 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Baylor needs to attack Timme defensively repeatedly it seems to me. He won’t be able to guard any of their guards on screens/switches.
I thought UCLA needed to attack him more often in OT. He played like 8 minutes with 4 fouls and only really had to play defense on that charge he took.

Had he fouled out, UCLA might’ve won.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:40 PM 04-04-2021
Pretty much every top 100 recruit is getting benefits. And many beyond. People need to accept reality. And you can guarantee that these top 10 guys that are suddenly going to Gonzaga are getting something from someone.

The only question is where's it coming from and if coaches are directly involved or looking the other way.

Cracks me up that people think that Self's actions are somehow far worse than what's happening at other programs. Mike Brey even said that Self's relationship with Adidas is no different than others.

John Wooden may not have been directly involved in any of the cheating at UCLA, and may have even been opposed to it, but he didn't do anything to stop it, did he? At best, coaches like Calipari and K are looking the other way and happy to let Nike do their dirty work.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:20 PM 04-04-2021
Exactly.

So **** Gonzaga because I know way too many bandwagon fans who "LOVE" their basketball program from years back. And I went to college right across from their campus which further strengthened my hate!

Go Baylor!
The irony of being anti-Gonzaga because they probably pay players while supporting a program that had a previous coach lie about paying players and have players also lie to cover up the possible cause of death for a player isn’t lost on me.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:35 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
The irony of being anti-Gonzaga because they probably pay players while supporting a program that had a previous coach lie about paying players and have players also lie to cover up the possible cause of death for a player isn’t lost on me.
I’m not anti Gonzaga because of that as I stated. Learn to read. My comment about buying players was back to pasta who says he roots for them because they don’t buy players.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:42 PM 04-04-2021
I’m not anti Gonzaga because of that as I stated. Learn to read. My comment about buying players was back to pasta who says he roots for them because they don’t buy players.
I stand by comment.

Baylor and Penn St are two programs who I actively hope their athletics programs burn to the ground.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:24 PM 04-04-2021
Do it for Matt Santangelo
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:27 PM 04-04-2021
Exactly.

So fuck Gonzaga because I know way too many bandwagon fans who "LOVE" their basketball program from years back. And I went to college right across from their campus which further strengthened my hate!

Go Baylor!
I’m rooting for Baylor because while I think he’s not a very good coach, I think Scott Drew is a pretty good dude. And even if he wasn’t, what he has been able to achieve at that program after the previous regime covered up a fucking murder is damned impressive.

Although, I will admit, it’s nice to actually watch a big that can make a post move.

I stand by comment.

Baylor and Penn St are two programs who I actively hope their athletics programs burn to the ground.
That’s a fair position to take. But similar to the money thing, it’s hard for me to sit on the outside and say that in 2021 Baylor is any worse if a school than any of the others. I’m sure there are slimey elements at all the schools. Whereever there is money floating around, odds are someone is being a piece of shit.

Maybe that’s a cynical approach, but it’s the way I see it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:44 PM 04-04-2021

That’s a fair position to take. But similar to the money thing, it’s hard for me to sit on the outside and say that in 2021 Baylor is any worse if a school than any of the others. I’m sure there are slimey elements at all the schools. Whereever there is money floating around, odds are someone is being a piece of shit.

Maybe that’s a cynical approach, but it’s the way I see it.
I have no problem with Drew or the current players or current staff. However, what Baylor’s done previously with Bliss and Briles is terrible.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:47 AM 04-05-2021
Go Zags! I hate Baylor with a passion.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:25 AM 04-05-2021
I have no problem with Drew or the current players or current staff. However, what Baylor’s done previously with Bliss and Briles is terrible.
Right. No argument there. It’s just really hard for me to sit here from the outside and determine definitively that Gonzaga is any better. Maybe it’s just my cynical nature but I am continually amazed at how shitty people are. So I just assume they all are unless given reason to believe otherwise.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:05 AM 04-05-2021
Right. No argument there. It’s just really hard for me to sit here from the outside and determine definitively that Gonzaga is any better. Maybe it’s just my cynical nature but I am continually amazed at how shitty people are. So I just assume they all are unless given reason to believe otherwise.
I don’t doubt that administrations at every school mishandle sexual assault, but I do question every school having a coach lie to cover up a motive for a murder.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up