ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 319
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:01 PM 02-12-2021
Pass rush is a huge problem though. The Bucs adjusted and essentially doubled Jones and shifted more help to Clark all bc Danna and Wharton didn’t need more than a blocker.

Clark and Jones are studs but a pass rush isn’t going to be effective without at least 3 quality rushers.

We can’t keep blitzing so often. It leaves us vulnerable against good QB’s
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:42 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

No fucking way. There will be better prospects at the position that won’t also need a new contract soon.
Isn't O.City the poster that was wanting us to go after OBJ and some other FA players that were.....ridiculous?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:02 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pass rush is a huge problem though. The Bucs adjusted and essentially doubled Jones and shifted more help to Clark all bc Danna and Wharton didn’t need more than a blocker.

Clark and Jones are studs but a pass rush isn’t going to be effective without at least 3 quality rushers.

We can’t keep blitzing so often. It leaves us vulnerable against good QB’s
Hindsight is 20/20, but we should’ve given Ogbah the 2 year, $15 million contract he got from Miami
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:10 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Hindsight is 20/20, but we should’ve given Ogbah the 2 year, $15 million contract he got from Miami
Perhaps what's 20/20 is realizing a mobile QB still needs a good OL.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:25 AM 02-13-2021
One key element we haven't factored in is Clark Hunt being embarrassed publicly on the grandest stage, If the head man wants a revamped OL the Chiefs will acquire one through FA and the draft because Veach,Reid, and Heck will have to sell why some of the players deserve a roster spot on his dime with crunched cap space
[Reply]
TRR 10:04 AM 02-13-2021
The unknown is really Schwartz. He’s the pivotal piece to the off-season plan for the OL. If he’s back and ready to roll, it gives quite a bit of flexibility that’s currently unknown. Maybe Schwartz is your opening day RT? Potential to be a swing tackle in 2021? Left Tackle while playing Niang at his natural college position of RT? I don’t anticipate Fisher playing much or playing well in 2021 unless it wasn’t a full Achilles tear (Suggs was back in 6 months vs 12).

LG is wide open, C is wide open unless Reiter is retained. I would prefer an upgrade at Center vs standing firm. LDT should be back and fresh as long as Rona is under control.

This will be Veach’s most challenging offseason IMO. Lots of decisions to make, and several holes to fill.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:10 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
The unknown is really Schwartz. He’s the pivotal piece to the off-season plan for the OL. If he’s back and ready to roll, it gives quite a bit of flexibility that’s currently unknown. Maybe Schwartz is your opening day RT? Potential to be a swing tackle in 2021? Left Tackle while playing Niang at his natural college position of RT? I don’t anticipate Fisher playing much or playing well in 2021 unless it wasn’t a full Achilles tear (Suggs was back in 6 months vs 12).

LG is wide open, C is wide open unless Reiter is retained. I would prefer an upgrade at Center vs standing firm. LDT should be back and fresh as long as Rona is under control.

This will be Veach’s most challenging offseason IMO. Lots of decisions to make, and several holes to fill.
I think the most likely OL scenario for next year is:

Stop gap FA swing T with hopes Fisher comes back
Allegretti
Draft Pick (or Allegretti if we draft a G)
LDT
Niang

I will be very surprised if that isn’t the OL in Week 1 (barring an unforeseen injury).
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:16 PM 02-13-2021
100%

Ascending player. Should have dropped Okafor and extended Ogbah.
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:34 PM 02-13-2021
I am really surprised to see so many people counting on Niang to fill a spot next year. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he coming off a serious injury when we drafted him and that's pretty much why he chose to sit last year out? So coming off a serious injury and he hasn't played for 2 years and never played a down in the NFL. I'm not expecting much of anything out of him next year. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:37 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
I am really surprised to see so many people counting on Niang to fill a spot next year. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he coming off a serious injury when we drafted him and that's pretty much why he chose to sit last year out? So coming off a serious injury and he hasn't played for 2 years and never played a down in the NFL. I'm not expecting much of anything out of him next year. :-)
Veach thought he had a shot to start at guard in 2020 before opting out.

He can play.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:48 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
100%

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we could’ve paid his salary by just releasing Watkins and not re-signing Robinson, right?

Then take Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool in the 1st and Antonio Gibson in the 2nd.

I like Willie Gay long-term, but that scenario would’ve made us better in the 2020-2021 season.

Again 20/20
[Reply]
RunKC 02:24 PM 02-13-2021
Seeing some posts about clearing enough money for 1 major add. I’m not sure that’s possible, but if I could add one guy?

Melvin Ingram

He actually shouldn’t cost insane money since he is 31 and had a down year. I would love to see this guy come here on a cheap deal to try to boost his value and win a championship.

Sounds like a pipe dream though
[Reply]
Hoover 02:31 PM 02-13-2021

Allegretti
LDT
Niang

I will be very surprised if that isn’t the OL in Week 1 (barring an unforeseen injury).
LT - Niang
LG - Allegretti
C - James Daniels (Trade with Bears)
RG - LDT
RT - Schwartz or Draft pick
[Reply]
TRR 03:00 PM 02-13-2021

Allegretti
LDT
Niang

I don’t think you can operate with hopes of Fisher coming back in 2021. I also don’t see Allegretti as anything more than competition/depth.

Worst case scenario, Schwartz retires and Fisher can’t make it back in 2021 or beyond (set to hit FA after 2021). Your left with a rookie who hasn’t played in two years at OT, questions from guard to guard, and what else? I think it’s a must for Veach to figure out how to land a quality OT in free agency. Then our hopes turn into nice to haves.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:17 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
100%

I've been beating that drum for a while now

When Clark and Jones couldn't get there in 2019, Ogbah usually did
[Reply]
Page 63 of 319
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up