ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 319
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:05 PM 02-19-2021
Fish is 30 and his injury is likely keeping him out for the majority of next season and it's not certain he will be the same player once he returns. Also even before this injury he was banged up last year and missed several games and this year he struggled mid season. Imo it would be silly to extend him when his health has been trending the wrong way for the last two seasons...time to move on now.
[Reply]
Toad 10:54 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
For Inquiring Minds – Releasing/Terminating an NFL player that is injured.

Short Version

From page 268, Article 45 Injury Protection, NFLPA CBA 2020

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...cuted-Copy.pdf

1. If either Eric Fisher or Mitchell Schwartz would be released, they would qualify for Injury Protection – See Section 2 Qualifications, page 268.

2. The Pay out to them would be 100% of their Paragraph 5 Salary but for the year 2021 that amount will not exceed $2,000,000 of which the Chiefs (Club) would be responsible for $1,200,000. – See Section 4, Treatment of Injury Protection Benefit Payments.

3. If you have guaranteed injury payments like Dee Ford has, that amount gets subtracted out of the Injury Protection money.

4. Section 13. Costs: Any reasonable costs associated with a player’s reasonable and customary rehabilitation as set forth in Sections 2(b) and 7(b) of this Article, and reasonable travel to and from any medical examination performed at the Club’s request as provided for in this Article shall be paid for by the Club.

So the Chiefs would save money, but there would be some cost.

If you have not been punished enough, you can go to the CBA link above and read and try to figure out.

Good Luck.

P.S. – I’m not advocating for Eric or Mitchell to be released. Just looking at the rules and what it means to the Chiefs.
Good stuff. Thanks for posting this!
If true that the cap hit would only be $1.2mm, then releasing Schwartz may be an easy decision.

Fisher’s situation is intriguing. Cut or extend? Tough decision...
[Reply]
BossChief 12:53 AM 02-20-2021
If that information is true about being able to release injured players...

What if they made the move to release Fisher and Schwartz and used the money on Trent Williams and drafted a stud center.

I mean...that’s probably an upgrade to Fisher/Schwartz and gives the OL an alpha leader to protect Pat.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:03 AM 02-20-2021
The arrowhead pride podcast today had Chief_bearcat on there who is quite good with the cap lingo and he claims that the chiefs could create up to 39m in cap space easily with extensions and restructures. Goes on to say they would have no problem getting one or two high end Free agents like an Allen Robinson if that's what they want to do and also explained the Mitch/Fish situation and how it effects the cap. It was a great listen tbh.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:15 AM 02-20-2021
I enjoyed listening to it earlier.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:50 AM 02-20-2021
Basic Plan

Starting Center. [Austin Reiter] – Draft BPA, but draft at least these positions - OT, C, WR, DE, and LB.
Starting Left Tackle [Eric Fisher] – Draft
Starting DE [Tanoh Kpassagnon] – Draft
Starting WR [Sammy Watkins] – Draft
Starting Safety [Daniel Sorensen] – Re-sign Sorensen
Starting LB [Damien Wilson] – Draft
Starting Right Tackle [Mitchel Schwartz] – Lucas Niang or Martinas Rankin
Starting Cornerback [Bashaud Breeland] - Attempt to re-sign Breeland. If unable, then next man up.
Starting Cornerback [Charvarius Ward] - Re-sign Ward as a RFA Right of First Refusal
Starting Guard [Andrew Wylie] - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
Rotational WR [Demarcus Robinson] – Mecole Hardman
Rotational DE [Alex Okafor] – Attempt to re-sign Taco Charlton with club friendly deal
Swing Tackle [Mike Remmers] – Attempt to re-sign Remmers with club friendly deal
Rotational TE [Deon Yelder] – Sign TE Richard Rodgers for club friendly deal
Rotational DL [Mike Pennel] - Khalen Saunders
Backup G [Stefen Wisniewski] – Yasir Durant or Martinas Rankin
Backup C [Daniel Kilgore] - Darryl Williams
Rotational WR [Byron Pringle] - Attempt to re-sign Pringle. If unable, then next man up.
Rotational RB [Le’Veon Bell/ Darrel Williams] - Attempt to re-sign Williams. If unable then UDFA.
Rotational FB/ST [Anthony Sherman] - Re-sign Sherman and late round draft or UDFA
[Reply]
spanky 52 07:32 AM 02-20-2021
IMHO it's time to move on from Sorensen, Sherman and Remmers.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:31 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The arrowhead pride podcast today had Chief_bearcat on there who is quite good with the cap lingo and he claims that the chiefs could create up to 39m in cap space easily with extensions and restructures. Goes on to say they would have no problem getting one or two high end Free agents like an Allen Robinson if that's what they want to do and also explained the Mitch/Fish situation and how it effects the cap. It was a great listen tbh.
Just came on here to post the same. It is a great listen.

The Schwartz idea he had was to put him on a roster incentive where he is paid for each time he is on the roster. This wouldn't be put at all on next year's cap as he would be deemed not likely. It would allow him to prove his fitness to us without impacting the cap and could allow him to get fit and play but with no risk to the Chiefs. Saves $6.9m on the cap.

With Fisher he said we could cut him or offer him a vet minimum deal instead of cutting him. He isn't going to get an offer anywhere else so he would likely accept and would be good to show other players that we would look after them. Saves $11m on the cap.

We can easily save money by restructuring Mahomes ($17.3m) and Kelce ($9.1m).

We can also save on the cap by extending Hill ($9.7m) and Mathieu ($10.9m.)

Says the Chiefs seem reluctant to extend or restructure Jones or Clark even though doing so will reduce our cap. They don't seem to want to push the issue down the road.

The $39m he mentioned being under the cap is the most we have been under entering free agency and the draft for the last 4-5 years.

Was a reassuring listen given how everyone is stressing about the draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:33 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

If you play with Over the Cap, it’s easy to do.

Restructure Mahomes
Restructure Jones
Extend Mathieu
Lower Fisher’s hit with extension or cut
Schwartz retires

Does pretty much all of that.
[Reply]
In58men 10:34 AM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
IMHO it's time to move on from Sorensen, Sherman and Remmers.
We gotta find a way to keep Dan. I just don’t wanna let him go lol. One more ring!!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:29 AM 02-20-2021
Sorensen won’t cost that much to re sign. As for Fisher, our best bet is to extend him. Yes I know he’s coming off an injury but he’s a two time pro bowl LT and is very solid each and every year. It’s clear that they are a different team when Fishers starts, as Mahomes has a losing record (4-6) when Fisher is not starting. Re sign Fisher to a 5 mil dollar deal but incentivize it heavily through playing time and pro bowls. Also, I don’t like pushing Mahomes money down the road even more, he will be costing 50 mil a year very soon.
[Reply]
TRR 11:32 AM 02-20-2021
Basic Plan

Starting Center. [Austin Reiter] – Draft BPA, but draft at least these positions - OT, C, WR, DE, and LB.
Not in favor of drafting and starting a rookie LT, and your basic plan forces position over best available.

The more I think about it, I think the LT position needs to be filled with a solid veteran that could bounce inside in 2022 if Fisher returns. I would have no issue if Veach went all in on Trent Williams to solidify the position.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:05 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Not in favor of drafting and starting a rookie LT, and your basic plan forces position over best available.

The more I think about it, I think the LT position needs to be filled with a solid veteran that could bounce inside in 2022 if Fisher returns. I would have no issue if Veach went all in on Trent Williams to solidify the position.
We gonna rob bank to sign Williams? 18-20 mil a year. His market value is 18.2 mil
[Reply]
Chargem 12:12 PM 02-20-2021
Basic Plan

Starting DE [Tanoh Kpassagnon] – Draft
Starting WR [Sammy Watkins] – Draft
Starting Safety [Daniel Sorensen] – Re-sign Sorensen
Starting LB [Damien Wilson] – Draft
Starting Right Tackle [Mitchel Schwartz] – Lucas Niang or Martinas Rankin
Starting Cornerback [Bashaud Breeland] - Attempt to re-sign Breeland. If unable, then next man up.
Starting Cornerback [Charvarius Ward] - Re-sign Ward as a RFA Right of First Refusal
Starting Guard [Andrew Wylie] - Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
Rotational WR [Demarcus Robinson] – Mecole Hardman
Rotational DE [Alex Okafor] – Attempt to re-sign Taco Charlton with club friendly deal
Swing Tackle [Mike Remmers] – Attempt to re-sign Remmers with club friendly deal
Rotational TE [Deon Yelder] – Sign TE Richard Rodgers for club friendly deal
Rotational DL [Mike Pennel] - Khalen Saunders
Backup G [Stefen Wisniewski] – Yasir Durant or Martinas Rankin
Backup C [Daniel Kilgore] - Darryl Williams
Rotational WR [Byron Pringle] - Attempt to re-sign Pringle. If unable, then next man up.
Rotational RB [Le’Veon Bell/ Darrel Williams] - Attempt to re-sign Williams. If unable then UDFA.
Rotational FB/ST [Anthony Sherman] - Re-sign Sherman and late round draft or UDFA
Not sure I understand what you are saying, your plan is to draft 5 starters?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:28 PM 02-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Not sure I understand what you are saying, your plan is to draft 5 starters?
Sounds good to me!!!
[Reply]
Page 105 of 319
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up