ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 210 of 240
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
R Clark 04:04 PM 02-06-2020
What’s he going to say oh yeah let’s get ten more. People try reading the dumbest shit in a simple statement.
[Reply]
warpaint* 04:39 PM 02-06-2020
^^^^^^Just a figure of speech.

Besides, for a guy like Reid the way he runs his offense to finally get Mahomes I would guess he sticks around as long as he can. Professionally for an offensive coach that likes to chuck it around the yard with meh QBs let along an all timer it can’t get any better.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:46 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Anyone else think when Reid said ‘One more time’ this could be his last run and EB gets promoted to HC? Thought that One More Time was odd.

I thought about that but then i took it as kind of a 'step by step' or 'one day at a time' to where we need to get #2 before we even think / talk about a #3

I cant see reid leaving if we get one ion the next couple years...
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:02 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Dirk Koetter is a terrible head coach. Andy Reid is not.
I will leave this right here.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:11 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The entire garbage franchise is nothing more than a glorified QB skills challenge.

But that's just fine, because that's EXACTLY what half the garbage fanbase wanted.
Only 3 short months ago this thread was delivering GOLD like this.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:36 PM 02-06-2020
Anyone else think when Reid said ‘One more time’ this could be his last run and EB gets promoted to HC? Thought that One More Time was odd.
Not remotely. Reid is a competitor who wants to rip his opponents' throats out. Why retire when you still have the stamina for the job and an amazing QB like Mahomes? I think a proper over/under at this point is like 5yrs for him.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 06:36 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I thought about that but then i took it as kind of a 'step by step' or 'one day at a time' to where we need to get #2 before we even think / talk about a #3

I cant see reid leaving if we get one ion the next couple years...
I don’t see him leaving neither then he said One More Time and was like wait I thought we’re in this for the long haul with ya Big Red. Let’s face it guys his age at that size don’t trend to a long life.
[Reply]
ghak99 06:42 PM 02-06-2020
I don’t see him leaving neither then he said One More Time and was like wait I thought we’re in this for the long haul with ya Big Red. Let’s face it guys his age at that size don’t trend to a long life.
The way he said it caught me off guard too, but I don't think it was a Freud.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see EB stay under him for a few more deep playoff runs and Reid go out on top with the replacement already in house. Unless there's just something wrong with the guy that I can't see, I'd assume EB will get a HC'ing gig before that situation could play out though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:09 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Only 3 short months ago this thread was delivering GOLD like this.
3 short months ago, that WAS gold.

Mahomes was and is a magic ticket, and in spite of having the single biggest one-person advantage in the history of sports, at the consensus most important position, they were on the verge of squandering it unless they tightened up quickly on a lot of fronts.

My position then, and now, was it wasn't fair to put that much pressure on the shoulders of someone so young. Not when there are so many things you can do to help him so he doesn't have to be the savior of a million other faults.

After the SB, it still wasn't fair, but he rose to it anyway, and they actually responded a good bit like I was on constant vigil for them to do.

Are you seriously suggesting that, at the moment I wrote that, you had full faith that Mahomes AND the rest of the team would do about half a billion things that have NEVER been done before in the playoffs. Half a billion, all in the span of 3 weeks?

I knew Mahomes was capable of a lot of it, but I was facing the tragedy of him doing most of those things that have NEVER been done before, and it still not being enough.

Maybe now that the FIRST SB of my lifetime has been accomplished, I can be a little more sanguine like Reid when simple mistakes lead to head-scratching losses out of nowhere. That's the power of perspective, and the power of once, just one time, experiencing satisfaction.
[Reply]
seclark 07:16 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
3 short months ago, that WAS gold.

Mahomes was and is a magic ticket, and in spite of having the single biggest one-person advantage in the history of sports, at the consensus most important position, they were on the verge of squandering it unless they tightened up quickly on a lot of fronts.

My position then, and now, was it wasn't fair to put that much pressure on the shoulders of someone so young. Not when there are so many things you can do to help him so he doesn't have to be the savior of a million other faults.

After the SB, it still wasn't fair, but he rose to it anyway, and they actually responded a good bit like I was on constant vigil for them to do.

Are you seriously suggesting that, at the moment I wrote that, you had full faith that Mahomes AND the rest of the team would do about half a billion things that have NEVER been done before in the playoffs. Half a billion, all in the span of 3 weeks?

I knew Mahomes was capable of a lot of it, but I was facing the tragedy of him doing most of those things that have NEVER been done before, and it still not being enough.

Maybe now that the FIRST SB of my lifetime has been accomplished, I can be a little more sanguine like Reid when simple mistakes lead to head-scratching losses out of nowhere. That's the power of perspective, and the power of once, just one time, experiencing satisfaction.
You’re good with me bl
sec
[Reply]
bdj23 07:19 PM 02-06-2020
I made one post in this thread 3 1/2 years ago when the Chiefs were down 21-3 to San Diego opening day.

I was wrong. I'm sorry I ever doubted you Andy. I know I'll likely neve meet you or anything, but I'm sorry. You're not a bad coach and I'm glad you are our coach. Hopefully you get a statue in front of Arrowhead sometime.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:19 PM 02-06-2020
It will definitely be strange to be able to watch the Chiefs now, and simply enjoy the show they put forward, without this crushing anxiety of another soul crushing loss hiding around the corner.

I think Reid and Mahomes are playing with house money now. Theyve delivered the title, pressures off, now theyre just gonna go out play loose and kick the dogshit out of people.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:52 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not remotely. Reid is a competitor who wants to rip his opponents' throats out. Why retire when you still have the stamina for the job and an amazing QB like Mahomes? I think a proper over/under at this point is like 5yrs for him.
I fear that Andy’s HOF speech might not have him there bc he will literally coach until here as long as his body is physically able to. Only thing that worries me is something like a stroke or cancer, which you never know if it could happen especially at his age. Wade Phillips and Romeo Crennel are both 72 and still going just fine. I think Andy can absolutely go that long (fingers crossed).

Everything has changed though. There’s no more stress for Andy now that he’s got his ring.

This is literally heaven for Andy. He’s going to enjoy the shit out of this and love every moment with the best QB ever by his side.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:18 PM 02-06-2020
this is the perfect picture for this thread. Andy and his pals lookin at the haters :-)
Attached: 74E2CA1C-A0DB-4FB9-AFA6-6DC4F21EDA6A.jpg (65.1 KB) 
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:18 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
true dat but he would retire before it ever got so bad that we are flying banners.

Andy ain’t perfect. He still has, as he always have had, issues with conservative play calling with a lead and calling calling gimmick/trick plays when he should just be letting Mahomes Mahomes stuff. But....... I’ll take those deficiencies all day long. We are lucky to have Andy as our coach.
I don't know, he kept telling the offense to keep it going in the playoffs this year. Didnt seem like he was letting off the gas pedal at all.
[Reply]
warpaint* 02-06-2020, 09:49 PM
This message has been deleted by warpaint*. Reason: piling on
Page 210 of 240
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220 > Last »
Up