ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
Yes 263 81.42%
No 32 9.91%
I have no idea 28 8.67%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll
Page 56 of 107
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does Kevin Kietzman deserve to be fired/forced to resign?
TLO 08:39 PM 06-24-2019
I'm not 100% on the KK news from today. But figured we'd start a thread to discuss this topic.

Sound off below. Also feel free to add in the KK tweets and such in here.

Thanks!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:58 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He re-iterated about 50 times that Keitzman isn't his boss.
Yep. "Chad Boeger is my boss, and he doesn't tell me what to say on my show."
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:59 AM 06-27-2019
I have some mixed feelings about this. If KK is genuine in his apology, we should say "OK, the man has shown remorse at his comments and he manned up and apologized." But my cynical real world self can't help but feel this is nothing but spin doctoring and self preservation on KK's part. It's hard to buy that anything this man says is genuine, because he's a radio huckster. He's a shill. He told you that the cookie diet would help you lose weight and keep it off, for chrissakes! He will literally say ANYTHING with conviction that somebody pays him to say. So, when he gets up and sheds crocodile tears on TV, it's hard to buy that. My gut tells me he's not really remorseful for what he said, he's remorseful for the shit storm it stirred up, which put his station's ad revenue, and ergo, his job and future, at risk. He's sorry that he almost screwed up his kushy gig. That what I really think. Now, what'll WHB do? Nothing. They'll do nothing. Because the public has the attention span of an Irish Setter. So he'll either be back on the air tomorrow, or they let him cool off another week. But he'll be back, unless the damage is so severe they buy him out of his ownership stake. He wins either way. Sad.
[Reply]
TLO 10:01 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
HOLY-E SHIT CLAY :-)
?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:02 AM 06-27-2019
Payload #1 delivered.
[Reply]
kgrund 10:14 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I have some mixed feelings about this. If KK is genuine in his apology, we should say "OK, the man has shown remorse at his comments and he manned up and apologized." But my cynical real world self can't help but feel this is nothing but spin doctoring and self preservation on KK's part. It's hard to buy that anything this man says is genuine, because he's a radio huckster. He's a shill. He told you that the cookie diet would help you lose weight and keep it off, for chrissakes! He will literally say ANYTHING with conviction that somebody pays him to say. So, when he gets up and sheds crocodile tears on TV, it's hard to buy that. My gut tells me he's not really remorseful for what he said, he's remorseful for the shit storm it stirred up, which put his station's ad revenue, and ergo, his job and future, at risk. He's sorry that he almost screwed up his kushy gig. That what I really think. Now, what'll WHB do? Nothing. They'll do nothing. Because the public has the attention span of an Irish Setter. So he'll either be back on the air tomorrow, or they let him cool off another week. But he'll be back, unless the damage is so severe they buy him out of his ownership stake. He wins either way. Sad.
As always, very well said.:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

If you shopped at a store and you knew that between the hours of 2:00-6:00 that people were going to be treated like dog shit, how often would you frequent that place? Furthermore, you're going to think poorly of that entire business (and management) because of that one employee.
You can try as hard as possible to separate the waitress from the kitchen, but if your steak comes out tough and well done, it just puts a pall on the entire experience and it's gonna be reflected in the tip even if you didn't mean it to be.

Not the waitresses fault, but you're just not as happy as you'd have been. You may still say "well it's not her fault, I'll give her 20%" but if you'd have had a homerun meal you'd be looking at 25+. It's just human nature.

They can try to distance themselves from KK all they want, but he's a stain on the station and has been for over a decade.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 AM 06-27-2019

[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:20 AM 06-27-2019
I don't think losing his job and getting bought out from his alleged minuscule ownership percentage of the station would be a win.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:22 AM 06-27-2019
If KK is genuine in his apology
You can stop right there. He's never been genuine a day in his life.
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You can try as hard as possible to separate the waitress from the kitchen, but if your steak comes out tough and well done, it just puts a pall on the entire experience and it's gonna be reflected in the tip even if you didn't mean it to be.

Not the waitresses fault, but you're just not as happy as you'd have been. You may still say "well it's not her fault, I'll give her 20%" but if you'd have had a homerun meal you'd be looking at 25+. It's just human nature.

They can try to distance themselves from KK all they want, but he's a stain on the station and has been for over a decade.
See, I've kinda downplayed the outrage from this particular incident because it doesn't really change my opinion or perspective on him. I've never cared for him and thought he was a high horse riding goober for a while.

So while i'd love to be able to flip on the 810 app and listen to them on the way home, frankly, there is so much other content out there at this point that I think radio is dying a slow death that I can't really care about him that much.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 06-27-2019
MELLINGER RETWEETED ME :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:31 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
You can stop right there. He's never been genuine a day in his life.
That's the crux of the biscuit here. If you believe he's genuine in his apology or not.

We both believe he is not. But others may believe he is. I also have real problems with his character issue. He cheated on his first wife with an intern -now his current wife. So his moralizing about Tyreek Hill or Andy Reid rings hollow to me. Judge not lest ye be judged, or something biblical like that... He should just leave the character judgements up to Goodell and the NFL, because it really doesn't matter what the rest of us think. The judgement is in the hands of the NFL now.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:31 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
WAT?

:-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 10:32 AM 06-27-2019
OMG, you are becoming so famous. How are you going to handle your new found superstardom? Hell you might end up with a blue check next to your username, that would be so cool.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 AM 06-27-2019
Payload #1 delivered.
?
[Reply]
Page 56 of 107
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106 > Last »
Up