ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What will be Mahomes first moment of adversity
CanadianChiefs 06:18 PM 07-22-2019
Yeah, Mahomes is the best player in the NFL.

However, he has never really faced any NFL adversity, let alone adversity over a few weeks- the guy just performed all year.

It is inevitable that he’ll have some type of struggle, choke away a game, or have a poor stretch where the blame is mostly on him. The media will lap that shit up, I can see the headlines now “Mahomes is regressing” etc. Then he makes the media eat shit.

Anyways,

My guess for this first adversarial moment is: we lose back to back games where Mahomes throws a few brutal picks and fumbles. One game is not his fault, but one game he “fumbles it away like Jamaal against the Broncos”.

What do you think? If your answer is “never”, you might not be wrong.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:38 PM 07-22-2019
Wasn't there a game at some point where he threw for less than 300 yards? That was it.
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 06:40 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Your avatar and user name are shit!!!!
Eh?

The avatar makes me smirk every time I log in. Reminds me of how hopefully optimistic I was. Then we got a real playmaker.

Keeps my fandom grounded 😂
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 06:40 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wasn't there a game at some point where he threw for less than 300 yards? That was it.
Right?
[Reply]
CanadianChiefs 06:41 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He's already had it, and its name was Bob Sutton. Unfortunately that moment lasted all of last season.
Sad it took an offence THIS STACKED to convince the brass to stop upholding the shitty Sutton status quo and actually do something about it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:42 PM 07-22-2019
The guy lost his starting rb to suspension. Tyreek got hurt last year. Half of his OL last year were backups because of constant injury. Every time he built a commanding lead, his defense blew it for him. Including three times on national TV where every dumb critic somehow asked if he wasn't clutch. In the second half, defenses started to adjust to him somewhat and he had to battle them with half his starting roster and a defense that was the most frustratingly bad in the league. Then he goes to an afc championship game, bellichick frustrates him, he bounces back with a great second half only to have his defense blow it again. There were rumors that he was cursing and screaming in the locker room pissed off about the Patriots loss. Pat has bounced back multiple times. You just wouldn't know it because his bouncebacks were surrounded by repeated failure from his defense

Of course he will face worse adversity in his career. He's also seen a lot of it already.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:50 PM 07-22-2019
The first time he'll have to hold three Lombardi trophies with two hands?

J/K

I mean it's pretty standard...he's already faced some, there could be health issues from time to time (nobody escapes that), cap issues when they have to pay him, a new head coach down the road, but nothing that other great QB's haven't dealt with.

Not worried.
[Reply]
srvy 06:54 PM 07-22-2019
Seeing his friend Gehrig Dieter get cut. May not be this year but it will happen.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:55 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
The first time he'll have to hold three Lombardi trophies with two hands?

J/K

I mean it's pretty standard...he's already faced some, there could be health issues from time to time (nobody escapes that), cap issues when they have to pay him, a new head coach down the road, but nothing that other great QB's haven't dealt with.

Not worried.

He’ll wrap his enormous dick around the third trophy like an elephant with its trunk!!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:10 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The guy lost his starting rb to suspension. Tyreek got hurt last year. Half of his OL last year were backups because of constant injury. Every time he built a commanding lead, his defense blew it for him. Including three times on national TV where every dumb critic somehow asked if he wasn't clutch. In the second half, defenses started to adjust to him somewhat and he had to battle them with half his starting roster and a defense that was the most frustratingly bad in the league. Then he goes to an afc championship game, bellichick frustrates him, he bounces back with a great second half only to have his defense blow it again. There were rumors that he was cursing and screaming in the locker room pissed off about the Patriots loss. Pat has bounced back multiple times. You just wouldn't know it because his bouncebacks were surrounded by repeated failure from his defense

Of course he will face worse adversity in his career. He's also seen a lot of it already.
Was that ever confirmed? Seems way out of character.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:13 PM 07-22-2019
the ravens game was a tough one for him. Overcame a terrible defense every week last year except a handfull.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 07-22-2019
he runs around and takes a lot of contact

can't wait to see him limp around and win a big game on half an ACL
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:17 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he runs around and takes a lot of contact

can't wait to see him limp around and win a big game on half an ACL
Why would you even say something like that?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:18 PM 07-22-2019
If Tyreek is named the Super Bowl MVP, he might have a moment of envy. But he'll be happy for Tyreek.
[Reply]
loochy 07:20 PM 07-22-2019
He had problems in the Cardinals game. Maybe that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:21 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Was that ever confirmed? Seems way out of character.
I don't know that it's ever been confirmed. But when the rumors came out, it didn't sound like he was whining or throwing anyone under the bus. Just a competitive guy who thinks losing is unacceptable.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up