ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chargers are preseason champs once again!
carcosa 09:31 AM 07-22-2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/1681106001/

Relevant portion:

Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): If they can finally stave off the injury bug — Bosa, TE Hunter Henry and LB Denzel Perryman have their fingers crossed — the Bolts have as much talent as any team, particularly at the skill positions. They're also battle-tested — let's be honest, they basically play in front of a hostile crowd every week — capable of winning in any environment, to include a Super Bowl audience in South Florida on Feb. 2. (And wouldn't it be kinda nice to see Philip Rivers join 2004 draft mates Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the championship dais?)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Will an overhauled defense jell quickly? Can league MVP Patrick Mahomes possibly approach the mind-boggling production he managed in his first year as a starter? Are the off-field distractions at an end with the NFL choosing not to suspend WR Tyreek Hill? Lots of questions, though K.C. is equipped to provide correct answers between the lines. Early tests as AFC West champs open with three of four on the road.
He also has the Colts beating the Chiefs in the wild card round.

If you ask me, this Nate Davis guy is a real dipshit dumbass!!!!!!
[Reply]
Lzen 02:43 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Dang- how could I forget that gusty performance losing to Brady again-lol :-)

Playoff record 5-6

Below average.
So now you're saying he's played 11 playoff games? I thought you originally showed 7 and then were reminded about last year's loss at New England. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:53 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’ve honestly never seen a team own another in their division like we do the Chargers and STILL get disrespected by the national media every single year.
Honestly, I felt it was fair before Mahomes. Yes, Alex Smith seemed to always beat them, but the NFL normally comes down to QB play. Until Mahomes became our starter, the majority of NFL commentators would take the Chargers QB over ours going all the way back to whenever the last time Flutie started for the Chargers.

It’s really ridiculous now that we undeniably have the better coach and QB.

Reid and a halfway competent QB has been good for 9 wins every year in KC. Now that he has Mahomes, the floor is probably 11 wins (similar to the Pats with Brady and Belichick).
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:12 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I would be extremely worried if the Chargers drafted some hotshot QB to sit behind Rivers.

As it stands, that guy is currently Tyrod Taylor lol
They had their chance with Mahomes and passed. Philip Rivers is NOT an excuse. He's two years older than Alex Smith, and we had zero problems pulling the trigger. Hell, Mahomes didn't even fall to us where we could just go, "Well... I mean, he's just sitting there..." like the Chargers did. We had to trade our 1st rounder in 2018 to get him.

The Chargers simply didn't identify QB talent when they saw it. They don't get an excuse any more than the Browns, Bears, Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, or Bills. And realistically, the 49ers are also fucking idiots for trusting a Patriots backup QB over the most talented being the NFL has seen in quite some time.

Hard to walk away from Rivers? Worried he's gonna throw a fit? You trade his ass and you get a haul in return that is likely much bigger than what we got for Alex.

Thank God the NFL is run by complete morons.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:13 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
They had their chance with Mahomes and passed. Philip Rivers is NOT an excuse. He's two years older than Alex Smith, and we had zero problems pulling the trigger. Hell, Mahomes didn't even fall to us where we could just go, "Well... I mean, he's just sitting there..." like the Chargers did. We had to trade our 1st rounder in 2018 to get him.

The Chargers simply didn't identify QB talent when they saw it. They don't get an excuse any more than the Browns, Bears, Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, or Bills. And realistically, the 49ers are also fucking idiots for trusting a Patriots backup QB over the most talented being the NFL has seen in quite some time.

Hard to walk away from Rivers? Worried he's gonna throw a fit? You trade his ass and you get a haul in return that is likely much bigger than what we got for Alex.

And now the Chargers defense (and roster in general) is too good to end up with a pick high enough to get a legit QB prospect.
[Reply]
O.city 03:15 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

The Chargers simply didn't identify QB talent when they saw it. They don't get an excuse any more than the Browns, Bears, Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, or Bills. And realistically, the 49ers are also ****ing idiots for trusting a Patriots backup QB over the most talented being the NFL has seen in quite some time.

I like Pat as much as the next Chiefs fan, but I think we can all agree that he's probably not what he is in a different situation.

You think the Chargers could have developed him like Andy and co did?
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:48 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kinda, but damn they won 12 games last year.

They beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on PT. I think we sell them short. Now, I think Rivers hits the wall and i'm not as high on some parts of their defense as some.

But they're a good football team.
I was at that chargers game. Froze my nuts off. Defense couldn’t stop anything. I’m optimistic about our d this year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:58 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So now you're saying he's played 11 playoff games? I thought you originally showed 7 and then were reminded about last year's loss at New England. :-)
Yeah, I went into that post confident but I choked at the last minute and fucked it all up, just like Rivers in the Playoffs.

Oh well, there is always the next River' sucks thread I can try again. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:59 PM 07-22-2019
I like Pat as much as the next Chiefs fan, but I think we can all agree that he's probably not what he is in a different situation.

Playing at Arrowhead in front of the Loudest Fans in the NFL- should be a good edge for him over his career!
[Reply]
New World Order 05:03 PM 07-22-2019

He wouldn't be 50/5k

Probably 40td/4k yards.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 05:08 PM 07-22-2019
I can't possibly roll my eyes any harder.
[Reply]
FAX 05:14 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Damn maths.

FAX
[Reply]
carcosa 05:15 PM 07-22-2019
Shitting while checking this thread... what's in the terlet is a better prediction of the Chargers season!!!
[Reply]
FAX 05:18 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
I was at that chargers game. Froze my nuts off. Defense couldn’t stop anything. I’m optimistic about our d this year.
These are the two great hopes of all mankind, Mr. J Diddy.

Defenses can improve. And nuts will thaw.

FAX THE OPTIMIST
[Reply]
stevieray 05:23 PM 07-22-2019

They beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on PT.
....that was complete BS.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:27 PM 07-22-2019
Capable of winning in any environment lol? Did this guy not watch them get curb stomped in NE in the playoffs? This is one of the most full of shit justifications for overrating the Chargers that I’ve ever read.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up