ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chargers are preseason champs once again!
carcosa 09:31 AM 07-22-2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/1681106001/

Relevant portion:

Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): If they can finally stave off the injury bug — Bosa, TE Hunter Henry and LB Denzel Perryman have their fingers crossed — the Bolts have as much talent as any team, particularly at the skill positions. They're also battle-tested — let's be honest, they basically play in front of a hostile crowd every week — capable of winning in any environment, to include a Super Bowl audience in South Florida on Feb. 2. (And wouldn't it be kinda nice to see Philip Rivers join 2004 draft mates Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the championship dais?)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Will an overhauled defense jell quickly? Can league MVP Patrick Mahomes possibly approach the mind-boggling production he managed in his first year as a starter? Are the off-field distractions at an end with the NFL choosing not to suspend WR Tyreek Hill? Lots of questions, though K.C. is equipped to provide correct answers between the lines. Early tests as AFC West champs open with three of four on the road.
He also has the Colts beating the Chiefs in the wild card round.

If you ask me, this Nate Davis guy is a real dipshit dumbass!!!!!!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:46 AM 07-22-2019
Sports like politics is always about the East Coast and West Coast teams and rarely about "fly over teams".:-)

Doesn't surprise me in the least and I think this year's predictions is really all about jealousy which only amps Mahomes and the boys even more. So be it !! Let this sportswriters line up to take their ass kickin !!!:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:54 AM 07-22-2019
A tradition like no other
[Reply]
stevieray 12:09 PM 07-22-2019
Open at three of four on the road...?

Same as it ever was...my guess it's the opposite for the donx
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:09 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Chargers have not won the Division since 2009. 10 years!!!

The Chargers have been picked to win the Division 10 years in a row. 10 Years!!

It will be at least another 10 years until they win the Division again.
Chargers have only been better than 3-3 in the division twice in the last 10 years.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:11 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Open at three of four on the road...?

Same as it ever was...my guess it's the opposite for the donx
Nope... Denver opens on the road and has 3 of first 5 on the road. Rejoice!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:19 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
This would cause me to lose my shit and probably commit Hari Kari! :-)
You know what? We kicked their asses last year in the playoffs and I'm STILL not over them.

Losing to THAT team in the playoffs is still worse than losing to anybody else.

I want them to get a taste of their own medicine. I want to see them in the playoffs frequently. And I want us to always be the giant wall that they can never push through. I want their fans to know what it's like to get bested each and every year by the same team. I want Patrick Mahomes single-handedly cockblock Andrew Luck from ever getting to a Super Bowl.

I want Luck to usurp Rivers as the great QB of this period in NFL history who never made it to a Super Bowl
[Reply]
JimNasium 12:24 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rivers looked like the physical cliff is right there as it got later and later last year.

They are definitely stacked at the skill spots, but if he falls off, its probably a 10 win team max.
Agreed. He’s starting to show his age.
[Reply]
O.city 12:30 PM 07-22-2019
I do think the Chargers defense will be pretty legit.

If RIvers is good, they'll be really good. I think the Chiefs are better because of ANdy and Pat
[Reply]
New World Order 12:33 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I do think the Chargers defense will be pretty legit.

If RIvers is good, they'll be really good. I think the Chiefs are better because of ANdy and Pat
They have a good o and d.

I think the lack of HFA kills them though.
[Reply]
O.city 12:38 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
They have a good o and d.

I think the lack of HFA kills them though.
Kinda, but damn they won 12 games last year.

They beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead on PT. I think we sell them short. Now, I think Rivers hits the wall and i'm not as high on some parts of their defense as some.

But they're a good football team.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:41 PM 07-22-2019
I would be extremely worried if the Chargers drafted some hotshot QB to sit behind Rivers.

As it stands, that guy is currently Tyrod Taylor lol
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:56 PM 07-22-2019
Yeah. NFL gifted them a game last year, which is now a poster child for the replay review changes. Then they go on to lose to DEN. Go figure.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:24 PM 07-22-2019

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:40 PM 07-22-2019
Rivers is why the DBs from the other 3 AFCW teams. Need to be viewed as less than advertised
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:43 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up