ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>WR Byron Pringle is playing really well
Dante84 08:22 PM 05-30-2019

After a season ending injury in the final preseason game as a rookie, second-year WR Byron Pringle has been thriving and taking first-team reps at Chiefs OTA’s. One of my favorites from the 2018 NFL Draft is seemingly ready for a breakout.

video via @Chiefs and @ChiefsReporter pic.twitter.com/GNZse8ShB0

— Brad Kelly (@BradKelly17) May 31, 2019

Another good nugget - Toub on WR Byron Pringle on special teams: "He's really looking good right now. He like took it to another level. We're really excited, the way he looks right now."

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Two wide receivers are standing out, and they are Byron Pringle and Cody Thompson. Pringle is speedy, looking to be back in full health since his hernia surgery last year. Pains me to say it (��), but I like Thompson more than Jamal Custis right now at OTAs.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) May 30, 2019

Byron Pringle is the young Chiefs wide receiver taking advantage of the extra practice snaps afforded by the absences of Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. “He’s played fast,’’ wide receivers coach Greg Lewis said. “He’s played physical and he’s plucking... https://t.co/j8agJgY7FZ

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) May 30, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:17 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I’m fascinated by the notion of people assuming Hardman is Reeks replacement. He is a perfect fit for what KC thought they were getting from Reek initially in round 5, when he was just a gadget weapon that could utilize 4.2 speed with end arounds, screens, occasional handoffs, and returns. Reek ended up being a complete surprise in terms of developing into a complete WR where he shocked everyone in terms of being able to become a legitamite WR1.

Hardman is going to be what we saw from Reeks first half of his rookie year. Occasional gadget plays and a return threat. He is not going to develop into a top 3 WR like Reek did and his expectations need to be treated as such.
Mahomes will advance Hardman's game much quicker and I think you will be surprised by the end of 3/4s of the season. This is what I am hoping for anyway.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:44 PM 07-22-2019
The last time 5 guys moved as fast as the Chiefs WRs on a go route, Han Solo had just smacked a electrical panel with a pipe wrench.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:38 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Mahomes will advance Hardman's game much quicker and I think you will be surprised by the end of 3/4s of the season. This is what I am hoping for anyway.
Advanced to what level though? What is your realistic expectation of what Hardman becomes?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:01 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I’m fascinated by the notion of people assuming Hardman is Reeks replacement. He is a perfect fit for what KC thought they were getting from Reek initially in round 5, when he was just a gadget weapon that could utilize 4.2 speed with end arounds, screens, occasional handoffs, and returns. Reek ended up being a complete surprise in terms of developing into a complete WR where he shocked everyone in terms of being able to become a legitamite WR1.

Hardman is going to be what we saw from Reeks first half of his rookie year. Occasional gadget plays and a return threat. He is not going to develop into a top 3 WR like Reek did and his expectations need to be treated as such.
I agree with a lot of that except there is a chance he does become a legit WR...it's a crap shoot just like with Hill. It would be pretty crazy if he exceeds expectations...but there are so many fast WRs that never amount to anything. The odds are against it...

I'm actually more excited about Pringle taking Conley's role...he looked like he definitely has potential. That's the money spot...with Kelce, Watkins and Hill. If KC gets a legit 4th option...there is not much you can do.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:26 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I agree with a lot of that except there is a chance he does become a legit WR...it's a crap shoot just like with Hill. It would be pretty crazy if he exceeds expectations...but there are so many fast WRs that never amount to anything. The odds are against it...

I'm actually more excited about Pringle taking Conley's role...he looked like he definitely has potential. That's the money spot...with Kelce, Watkins and Hill. If KC gets a legit 4th option...there is not much you can do.
Robinson will be much improved this year. Watch out. Dude gets open
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:34 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Robinson will be much improved this year. Watch out. Dude gets open
Robinson ran a 4.6...the scheme is getting him open. That's what makes Hardman intriguing...4.3 speed as a 4th option. He's likely getting the weakest defender...or schematically unattended. I wonder if Pringle hadn't been injured...if he would have taken D-Robs reps.

Anyway...it's a good problem to have. I just remember watching Pringle and thinking...who is this dude? We'll see if it was just a preseason apparition....the ghost of Bobby Sipiro.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:50 AM 07-23-2019
I'm going call him The Red Byron .
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:14 PM 07-23-2019
Robinson ran a 4.6...the scheme is getting him open. That's what makes Hardman intriguing...4.3 speed as a 4th option. He's likely getting the weakest defender...or schematically unattended. I wonder if Pringle hadn't been injured...if he would have taken D-Robs reps.

Anyway...it's a good problem to have. I just remember watching Pringle and thinking...who is this dude? We'll see if it was just a preseason apparition....the ghost of Bobby Sipiro.
The scheme is not what's getting him open...

He ran a 4.59 40, yes, but he also blazed a 6.77 3 cone

He's incredibly agile and fluid in his routes
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:28 PM 07-23-2019

Our offense is going to be FREAKING SCARY GOOD this season.

And I think you were going for Chiefs legend/attempted murderer Bobby Sippio there.

[Reply]
ChiefGator 12:43 PM 07-23-2019
Bobby Shapiro?

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:51 PM 07-23-2019
Holy shit, I knew Demarcus Robinson wasn't necessarily fast, but I thought he had average speed at least. That dude is slower than Dieter!

I mean, I guess he must be Mahomes' version of his changeup pitch...
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:18 PM 07-23-2019

Smith-Schuster ran a 4.54.

Davante Adams ran a 4.56.

Keenan Allen ran a 4.71.

You can still be a great WR running 4.59.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:23 PM 07-23-2019
Robinson consistently gets separation, where Conley who's supposedly much faster always struggled.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 07-23-2019
Robinson ran a 4.6...the scheme is getting him open.
Pretty sure there was some sort of injury or BS that had him time low. I recall reading that at the time but can't find it now.

Also, no the scheme is not getting him open. He's really fucking good at getting a great release. Did you not watch him shaking DB's all of camp last season? Or did you not see his move to get open on Pat's 50th TD?

Robinson has some fantastic shake-n-bake on his release. That's why he gets open.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:32 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by :
Talent jumps off the tape early in the session. Electric vertical talent that can make cornerbacks re*think their coverage plans. Has shake at the line of scrimmage to free himself against press coverage and has adequate ball tracking skills. Graceful, flexible athlete with instant turbo acceleration. Has ability to hit the home run after the catch. Races off the line and forced cornerbacks into retreat opening easy comeback catches. Has talent and ability to make a living outside or from the slot.
Originally Posted by :
He's way faster on tape than in timing.
Originally Posted by :
mmensely talented with elite combination of straight-*line speed and quick*-twitch athleticism. Robinson flashes game*-breaking potential as a deep ball threat and after the catch, but was suspended by two different coaches over a three-year period. While Robinson is likely to test off the charts and has the talent to be a top four receiver in this draft, it is hard to imagine his draft slot equaling his talent due to his character concerns.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up