ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Juan Thornhill Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-26-2019

Excitement level �� when @Juan_Thornhill got the call. #NFLDraft | April 26-27 | ABC, ESPN, NFL Network pic.twitter.com/JVxVvPVH3m

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:36 AM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

I see him!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:37 AM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Only real downside is he’s almost 24.

So is Mahomes.
[Reply]
-King- 11:50 AM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
So is Mahomes.
And he's on the 3rd year in the league. That was Caves point. Thornhill is older than most rookies. Most rookies are 21 or 22 when they come out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:54 AM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Only real downside is he’s almost 24.
That is a bit concerning to me as well. How much more can he develop?

I mean, he's still 3 years younger than Garrett Bolles when he was a rookie, so there's that...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:56 AM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I mean, he's still 3 years younger than Garrett Bolles when he was a rookie, so there's that...
He doesn’t really need to develop much. There’s a solid chance he’s going to be really good from day 1.

I think he’s this years Jessie Bates who I wanted last year in the 2nd. He had a great rookie year.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:08 PM 06-30-2019
If the goal is to absolutely lock down the run and to make sure that receptions do not make it to the end zone, then we're sitting pretty.
If you're looking for ball-hawking, turnovers, and classic free safety play? Nyope.
That's why I said before the draft that none of these guys were rating out as strong free safety candidates, and that there was no way in hell that we were going to draft one if that's what the chiefs were trying to accomplish.
It is however my fault for not putting the qualifier, "if there are still CB's available" into the comment as well, but I had assumed that everyone under God's sun had been paying attention to 98% of our mock drafts.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:11 PM 06-30-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Guess it depends on what you’re willing to give up. Taylor Rapp was drafted just before Thornhill and he ran a slow 4.7. Adderley played at a small school against no real competition. Probably why he fell too.

Would you rather have those flaws or a guy who has elite measurable’s and production but is 1 year older?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:25 PM 06-30-2019
To me, the age is a complete non factor. If the pick hits, we get his rookie deal super cheap and can get all of his prime years on a second contract. His rookie deal takes him through 27, so even a hypothetical 5 year deal for second contract would have him signed through 32 years old.

I don’t understand people that are saying things like “how much more can he develop?”

He’s 24, not 74. KC decided to go to a more specific coaching configuration with a specific coach for corners (Sam Madison) and a specific coach for safeties (Dave Merritt) and both have been around the game their whole lives operating at a very high level. There’s no doubt Juan is going to be able to further develop.

The kid has elite tools and will get good coaching.

His age is the least of our worries.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:40 PM 06-30-2019
And like I said... he's not Garrett Bolles.

Daniel Sorensen was 24 when he entered the league. He was less of an athlete than Thornhill is and while you could have considered him a relatively "polished" product coming out of college, he still needed to improve a bit in order to become a depth safety.

I'm fairly confident Thornhill has a much higher ceiling than Sorensen and will have no trouble immediately outperforming him as he enters the league.

Thornhill has a very low risk of being a bust. We've needed defensive players like that out of our drafts for a long time now.
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 06-30-2019
I doubt he’s a bust as she said but with the age it just makes the development need to happen really quickly, not much room for error

Flip side though is that he is or you’d like him to pretty much be ready to step in and go day one
[Reply]
FAX 12:50 PM 06-30-2019
At OTAs, somebody asked Tyrann Mathieu about Juan's age ...

Honeybadger said he don't give a sh*t.

FAX
[Reply]
New World Order 10:02 PM 07-22-2019
Hope Thornhill wrecks shit this year:

This is truly amazing!!! I’m so happy that I could do such a thing and make his day. Dreams start at a young age. Keep chasing them little guy ��‼️ pic.twitter.com/P0YvVJFBpY

— The_Juan_And_Only (@Juan_Thornhill) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:05 PM 07-22-2019
Thornhill will be DROY
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:18 PM 07-22-2019
What has he done since, "oh yeah, I'm supposed to run"?
Seriously. I haven't seen a report in this thread since.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:14 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
What has he done since, "oh yeah, I'm supposed to run"?
Seriously. I haven't seen a report in this thread since.
He is going to make you look stupid
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up