ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number
BlackOp 04:23 AM 06-17-2019
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:09 PM 07-22-2019
Fuller was rated 87 on madden. Pretty damn good
[Reply]
-King- 07:41 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I meant how he handled the negotiations. Dorsey wanted team protection built into the deal in case the cancer returned, and this apparently pissed Berry off that Dorsey would stoop so low as to put Berry on the hook for any of his potential medical problems. The shitass mega deal negotiated by Clark was the result.

I get it. Berry finds the NFL to be unjust towards its players who have their quality of life reduced from their brief careers, and he believes the compensation needs to be steered towards the players who have to put their bodies through this. I totally understand. But in doing so, he completely shit on the good faith the Chiefs showed him through his cancer treatment.

That wasn’t very nice.
Why would any player who has had cancer take a deal like that? I don't think that was reasonable by Dorsey and I bet the NFLPA looked at it as being a gross request.
[Reply]
-King- 07:49 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why would any player who has had cancer take a deal like that? I don't think that was reasonable by Dorsey and I bet the NFLPA looked at it as being a gross request.
Going by what Perez wrote in his article about a disability insurance being rare and some of the only players to have it being Kaepernick and Joe Staley, I think Dorsey would have had better luck either having the chiefs pay the premium or having it cover football related injuries rather than cancer.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up