I agree with all of that, DeBerg.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:47 PM 05-24-2008
Goatse,

What did you think of the

Spoiler!

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:18 PM 05-24-2008
This movie sucked pretty bad and I would list the reasons why but I'm too lazy and I don't know how to do that spoiler thing and I don;t want somebody's pussy to get hurt although I would be doing them a favor by saving them money and time by not watching this crap.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:19 PM 05-24-2008
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:
This movie sucked pretty bad and I would list the reasons why but I'm too lazy and I don't know how to do that spoiler thing and I don;t want somebody's pussy to get hurt although I would be doing them a favor by saving them money and time by not watching this crap.
just use spoiler tags

spoiler /spoiler

with [] brackets around each
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 PM 05-24-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Goatse,

What did you think of the

Spoiler!
CGI overload

Lucas and Spielberg were better when they had limitations.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:37 PM 05-24-2008
Shia Ladouche is ****ing horrible. HORRIBLE. When I first heard he was cast in the new Indy move I was like "what the ****" and people were all "Ohhh no, give it a chance, you never know it might be good or whatever", well **** all that, I was right he sucks.
How does that loser even get these parts? I'm better looking and I bet I can act better and I'VE NEVER ACTED BEFORE. Stupid. **** all these Indy nerd/dork/geeks that hate on Lucas and whine whenever they think something isn't cool anymore because it has mass appeal but they're right this time. I love Raiders and always liked Temple of Doom for what it was but this bullshit makes TOD look like Citizen Kane.

More beer.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:48 PM 05-24-2008
Oh and David Koepp is brutal. How does this hack keep getting greenlighted?
"Panic Room"? "Snake Eyes"? This guy never should have even been allowed to make a rough draft.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:12 AM 05-25-2008
"Panic Room"? "Snake Eyes"? This guy never should have even been allowed to make a rough draft.
That pretty much explains the movie.

He's why almost EVERY action scene was deflated with stupid, unfunny jokes. You didn't see that in any of the first three for the most part.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:19 AM 05-25-2008
I can't believe they passed on the Darabont script
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:20 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't believe they passed on the Darabont script
I bet it didn't have enough gophers or monkeys.

Originally Posted by :
"The short and simple version of the INDIANA JONES 4 situation is that after more than a year of working closely with Steven Spielberg developing the story, I had completed a screenplay that Steven loved and was hoping to shoot in July of this year. However, George Lucas had issues with the script and slammed on the brakes in order to rework the material himself. There is talk of enlisting another writer. Given that George is the producer, but even moreso because of their long and close friendship, Steven is deferring to George in this situation.

It is now up to them to try to find a common ground regarding the film. I wish them luck and hope their efforts result in something they're both excited about shooting. What, if anything, might remain of my work at the end of the process is anybody's guess, assuming the film even gets made at this point. As for me, I'm disappointed, but I'm putting the experience behind me and moving on with my life and my own projects."

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:24 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
I bet it didn't have enough gophers or monkeys.
I wouldn't know.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I don't plan to until it hits DVD.

If you'll recall (I don't know if it's this thread or a similar thread), I was thoroughly unimpressed with the trailer. And the "Buzz" was non-existent.

Which is always telling.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:27 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I wouldn't know.

I haven't seen the movie, nor do I don't plan to until it hits DVD.
I'm eagerly anticipating your review.

Have you been reading the spoilers in this thread?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 AM 05-25-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
I'm eagerly anticipating your review.

Have you been reading the spoilers in this thread?
Nope, no spoilers.

I'm not much of a reviewer so don't get too excited. And with my current schedule, I seriously doubt I'll have a chance to see it in a theater.

I am bummed though that so many people dislike it. I'm not bummed for me per se, but for those with high expectations.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:30 AM 05-25-2008
What happened to Kasdan? Did he just get sick of Lucas's shit or what? I think a Spielberg/Kasdan reunion would have been perfect but instead we got Shia who's the new Jar-Jar
[Reply]
Page 22 of 37
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up