ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 46 of 114
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:39 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Omaha, Nebraska or Oklahoma City are both very real possibilities as the future home of the Chiefs. If those cities can pull enough funds to build a stadium, make no mistake the Hunts will move them there. Clark owns a soccer team in Dallas so this wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary for him. In the end, the Chiefs are a business and the team owner will treat that as such.
The city of Oakland was devastated when the Raiders left. Mark Davis couldn't give two shits. He treated the move to Vegas as a business, even though he spent most of his life in Oakland. Same for the Spanos.

Missouri and Kansas folk lose out from all this but Chiefs fans from other states will continue to support the team. It's a shitty undesirable situation but I've seen the script before. They would need to organize another ballot in the next couple of years with a more enticing plan by the team and the county in order to change the voters' minds.
Omaha? :-) The KC metro is larger in population than the entire state of Nebraska
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 02:47 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No voters are piles of shit. This city will be a lot worse without these teams. Boring as fuck nowhere land.
Good job assholes.
the idea we are even discussing these teams leaving is just insanity.

yeah great job saving that titty club everyone. it's a good thing you didn't extend that currently existing sales tax. i'm sure all those shitty roads and bridges or whatever will get fixed once the pro sports teams leave for larger markets.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:45 AM 04-03-2024
This city is fucking pathetic. You don't want to give the Royals a new stadium then fine. I get it, but to vote against the Chiefs is really really fucking stupid. They have delivered and now you are telling them to get fucked and go away. No city has sports teams and doesn't pay. But here we should have them for free. What fuckong world do you morons live in.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:47 AM 04-03-2024
Gonna be wonderful for some of us to retire in 10 years and have no Mahomes and no baseball park but we have woemens soccer. How awsome.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:21 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Is there actually a likelihood that Clark moves the team out of the region entirely?? Surely it'd just be to another site in the KC metro area if anything?
You think Kansas will build a stadium? No likely
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:23 AM 04-03-2024
This city is fucking pathetic. You don't want to give the Royals a new stadium then fine. I get it, but to vote against the Chiefs is really really fucking stupid. They have delivered and now you are telling them to get fucked and go away. No city has sports teams and doesn't pay. But here we should have them for free. What fuckong world do you morons live in.
Like I said before the state of Missouri simply does not want success.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04-03-2024, 05:08 AM
This message has been deleted by Wisconsin_Chief.
AussieChiefsFan 05:11 AM 04-03-2024
This 3/8th cent sales tax - is it a 3.75% tax on all goods sold in Jackson county or something? If someone can explain that'd be awesome. Just not familiar at all.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:15 AM 04-03-2024
You think Kansas will build a stadium? No likely
No clue :-)

All I know is that KS is a bit more affluent than MO? And KC, KS already has SKC and the Speedway so in theory I suppose it could work. It wouldn't be uprooting the team and it's history like any other interstate move.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:41 AM 04-03-2024
JFC.. Calm down.. It’s not a game day thread..Doubt they go anywhere but the metro area. KC or the Legends..
[Reply]
wazu 05:46 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
JFC.. Calm down.. It’s not a game day thread..Doubt they go anywhere but the metro area. KC or the Legends..
The fact we’re even having to discuss it is madness. The Chiefs had an extremely reasonable offer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:53 AM 04-03-2024
This city is ****ing pathetic. You don't want to give the Royals a new stadium then fine. I get it, but to vote against the Chiefs is really really ****ing stupid. They have delivered and now you are telling them to get ****ed and go away. No city has sports teams and doesn't pay. But here we should have them for free. What ****ong world do you morons live in.
Man, you need to calm the fuck down.

This plan was absurd on so many levels.

Both teams are funded through the rest of the decade, there's plenty of time to put actual detailed plans up for proposal.

I understand that The Chiefs were basically trying to give the Royals cover here, but they really ought to put their own proposal forward and not tie themselves to a doomed franchise (and the Royals ARE doomed -MLB is not the NFL).

Nobody is going anywhere, the voters against had various reasons for voting the new baseball stadium down, but an honest, detailed plan that's better would have a good chance of passing.

A Chiefs proposal for Arrowhead renovations would pass, no problem.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:03 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
The fact we’re even having to discuss it is madness. The Chiefs had an extremely reasonable offer.
and The Royals did not, and it was all one bundle.

It was a bad deal. No details, no answers to questions, empty promises with nothing guaranteed, a bunch of bullshit.

You guys are all reacting emotionally and not logically.

AND-this was the first proposal. There will be others.

You don't just give The Royals the blessing to do whatever they want because you love The Chiefs.

Hell, you don't let The Chiefs just do whatever they want, either-but The Chiefs would not have put such a stupid new stadium proposal forward.

You guys are acting like they're going to play the 2024 season in Oklahoma City or something. Don't be absurd.

Nothing changes between now and 2031. There's plenty of time to get this together.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:08 AM 04-03-2024
Why on earth would you have this vote in April and not November? Seems more sensical to have this on the ballot at a time when there is the greatest possible voter turnout...
[Reply]
oldandslow 06:13 AM 04-03-2024
The Royals are apt be in Nashville in a decade.

Baseball isn't football, but it is still a very viable product. Lot's of money to be made for everyone, to be honest.

This vote was short-sighted in my opinion, but Mo isn't passing any new taxes right now.

You don't wanna play, you lose your team. Las Vegas built is gonna build the A's a new stadium. Want to bet Nashville wouldn't build the Royals a new one.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:14 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
This 3/8th cent sales tax - is it a 3.75% tax on all goods sold in Jackson county or something? If someone can explain that'd be awesome. Just not familiar at all.
I promise you, it's not about the tax. Nobody cares about a 3/8th cent tax.

It was 100% about the half-baked, ridiculous downtown baseball stadium plan that literally had nothing else in detail other than here's where we want to put it, now let us just do whatever we want. There were lots of promises, but they refused to put anything detailed in writing.

It was a bad plan. It was extortion. 'Give me what I want, or else'.

But The teams are funded through the end of the decade, and there was no reason to rush this through. It's a stupid plan.

Chiefs must really want the divorce to try to give them cover like this.

But neither team is going anywhere, not for years-and need not go anywhere at all.

Nobody wants that. The Royals need to get a better plan together. The Chiefs need to separate themselves from the doomed MLB franchise.

Sherman bungled this, badly.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 114
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up