View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 73 of 343
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:35 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Every year there are deals that go from not close to done by the deadline.

Wouldn't freak out yet.
Yup. That’s why there’s a deadline. I’ll wait til Friday to see
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:39 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Translation: Brown's camp leaked this for leverage.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:41 PM 07-12-2022
I don't give a shit if he signs or not but that fuck better be at camp and get ready with the team for week uno. He isn't good enough to hold out and be ready for week uno he needs all the reps he can get especially because we are a pass happy team and he pretty much sucks at pass blocking. He is a bulldozer in the run game but that's not what we are about. He needs to go toe to toe with George Karlaftis and make each other better. Fucker better not fuck us over, not that I can do anything about it but I can make a well cuss word vent post about it.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:46 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Translation: Brown's camp leaked this for leverage.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:55 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Well poop

I’m sure he is asking for $30M per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:57 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
But freaking out is more fun!

More seriously, it appears Brown might really be over valuing himself?

:-)

Hard to tell if it is posturing or he's serious but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is serious that he thinks he is a top 3 LT which means he should be the highest paid at least briefly when he signs.

Which means:

No contract, he gets tagged.

Or a contract that KC way overpays and/or Brown is disgruntled about being way underpaid...

...so FREAKOUT TIME!!!
I don't think there's a chance that they trade Brown. Either they will come to terms by Friday afternoon or they will make him go out and earn the right to reset the market.

No big deal. WBF
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:01 PM 07-12-2022
If a deal is not done by Friday. I don't get why he would hold out of TC or first week just because a deal didn't get done? He can't do any more negotiations and he will only make himself look bad when he plays without practice with the team. I'm not saying this just for Brown but any player to hold out after being Tagged you know you are going get paid if you play but it's going cost you $$ if you don't. So what good does it the player get out of holding out? What is the benefit for the player?
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:14 PM 07-12-2022
Fuck this fag with a foxtail in his goat ass if he doesn't sign
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:16 PM 07-12-2022
I wonder if Fisher is 100%.

Now I'm not saying this should be the plan, but IF the sides are just too far apart, I would imagine we could tag and trade and net what we gave up for him in the first place. Roll with Fish, draft a LT next year.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:18 PM 07-12-2022
WHATS THE TOP OF THE RIGHT TACKLE MARKET?
[Reply]
poolboy 07:20 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Now I'm not saying this should be the plan, but IF the sides are just too far apart, I would imagine we could tag and trade and net what we gave up for him in the first place. Roll with Fish, draft a LT next year.
or get D. Brown's gun toting ass in here
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:20 PM 07-12-2022
Has Veach tried telling him to STFD and :-)?
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:21 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
WHATS THE TOP OF THE RIGHT TACKLE MARKET?
Lane Johnson makes about 18M per year. I think that's the top
[Reply]
-King- 07:22 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Why would we trade him before this season post draft? That would make no sense.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:29 PM 07-12-2022
Probably just leaked that for ‘leverage’, but at the same time this is a new agent who’s negotiating his first big deal and I’m sure wants to make a statement for future clientele, and to other agents and the NFL as a whole. Wouldn’t shock me if they were asking for something outlandish.

IF that be the case, call their bluff and force them to sign a reasonable deal or play on the franchise tag this year. Despite all his blustering earlier, OBJr. isn’t going to sit out the season. The guys never made any ‘real’ money in football yet and he’s not walking away from $16 million dollars. I’m sure he’ll sit out training camp and maybe even him and his agent will try and get cute and have him sit out Week 1 before he signed the franchise tender, but make no mistake, he will be playing in KC this year as their starting LT and has every reason to ‘ball out’ if he doesn’t get the deal he wants from the Chiefs.

I would prefer he stay in KC long term, as I think there’s a ton of potential to be an elite Top 5 tackle and give the Chiefs a dominant O-Line for Phase 2 of Mahomes career, but there’s still a line you go up to but you don’t cross it. Good on the Chiefs for standing their ground and not letting some ‘rookie’ agent back them into a corner.

But I imagine this is likely all bluster and a long term deal will get done last minute (see Chris Jones) that both parties are satisfied with.

We shall see, though . . . . . .
[Reply]
Page 73 of 343
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up