Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Wanna FIGHT!
Ride the wave. :-)

I've got no skin in the game
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:11 AM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
AMC really is a scam based on their financials
The only scam going on with AMC is from the hedgefunds. Retail choosing to buy a stock in mass isn't a scam, good fundamentals are not a requirement to buy in.
[Reply]
scho63 08:29 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
The only scam going on with AMC is from the hedgefunds. Retail choosing to buy a stock in mass isn't a scam, good fundamentals are not a requirement to buy in.
Just remember this.........:-)
[Reply]
neech 08:47 PM 09-10-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
AFRM is a nice one this morning, still has legs I think.
This preformed outstandingly, anyone else get in on this.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:38 AM 09-11-2021
Has anybody here ever sold a life insurance policy? I'm wondering how much these places that buy them will offer. My current 500K policy is expiring so I was planning to replace it with a 250K policy, I've sent information to Covington Direct who buys policies and am waiting for their response. But if I can get 50% of the face value then I'd go ahead and get the 500k replacement and have the 250K money now. AND they would have the policy payment to contend with.

Anybody have experience with this?
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:37 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Has anybody here ever sold a life insurance policy? I'm wondering how much these places that buy them will offer. My current 500K policy is expiring so I was planning to replace it with a 250K policy, I've sent information to Covington Direct who buys policies and am waiting for their response. But if I can get 50% of the face value then I'd go ahead and get the 500k replacement and have the 250K money now. AND they would have the policy payment to contend with.

Anybody have experience with this?
Wait, what? Are you saying you can cash in a portion of a life insurance policy before you die or is my drunk ass reading this wrong?
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:59 PM 09-11-2021
Wait, what? Are you saying you can cash in a portion of a life insurance policy before you die or is my drunk ass reading this wrong?
Yeah, but you have to be partially dead.

1% - They punch you in the face.
10% - They beat you up for five minutes with a baseball bat.
50% - They hit you with a slow-moving car.
90% - They put you in an elevator with Aqib Talib and a stripper.

I didn't know you could sell an insurance policy, either. Whole life, I presume? I know almost nothing about those types of policies.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:03 PM 09-11-2021
I don’t know about whole life either. I have term life insurance only.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:12 PM 09-11-2021
I was curious about this as well. Google says you can with whole life insurance. Basically, you have to be old and near death. You can sell it for less than the value it would be worth if you die. Seems pretty sketchy to me.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:15 PM 09-11-2021
This is actually a serious question, and I've always wondered about it. Can you buy life insurance on another person? Do they have to know about it?

I wonder if google knows anything about this. I may go look.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:18 PM 09-11-2021
Hmm, apparently you can't buy insurance on another person unless you have both their consent and an expectation of financial loss if they die. So much for my plan to buy policies on people I don't like to cover the costs of a party at my house when they die.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:21 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is actually a serious question, and I've always wondered about it. Can you buy life insurance on another person? Do they have to know about it?

I wonder if google knows anything about this. I may go look.
I've watched a bunch of Forensic Files on netflix. This scenario has been the motive for murder in quite a few episodes. But of course, they were all caught so I'm not sure if the got to enjoy the money. However, the narrator's have never said that this is illegal, so I don't know.

I have life insurance on all of my daughters and I'm fairly certain they don't know or care. So, I'm going to say that you can in some circumstances.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:48 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I've watched a bunch of Forensic Files on netflix. This scenario has been the motive for murder in quite a few episodes. But of course, they were all caught so I'm not sure if the got to enjoy the money. However, the narrator's have never said that this is illegal, so I don't know.

I have life insurance on all of my daughters and I'm fairly certain they don't know or care. So, I'm going to say that you can in some circumstances.
Yeah, in reading about it I guess the insurance companies don't want to create situations where you're rooting for another person to die. So it has to be a situation where the insurance offsets a loss (financial or maybe emotional - hard to tell on that last part).
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:04 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, in reading about it I guess the insurance companies don't want to create situations where you're rooting for another person to die. So it has to be a situation where the insurance offsets a loss (financial or maybe emotional - hard to tell on that last part).
I asked my wife about this, whether it's just burial insurance or life insurance for the kids. It's only 10k, so I said it's burial and she says it's life. Guess we will have to talk to the insurance company next week to find out.

On a separate note, I'm glad this was brought up tonight. For many years I thought I had a decent payout from my employer in the event of my untimely demise. After reading this thread, I logged in to my work insurance and found that I was wrong this whole time. While I thought I had a payout of 5X my annual salary, I found out it was just 10k.

Guess I missed a few clicks when I set the life insurance up. I am obviously going to correct that as soon as I can, but I can't believe I've gone all these years not knowing this disastrous mistake. Thanks everyone for the heads up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:27 PM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:

A lot of companies have policies in key personnel.
[Reply]
Page 759 of 934
« First < 259659709749755756757758759 760761762763769809859 > Last »
Up