ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations at 9-3
Wallcrawler 09:39 PM 12-04-2022
The Chiefs are 9-3 with a cupcake schedule coming up. The Chiefs just got spanked in a playoff atmosphere game where we really wanted the game, did a lot of trash talking, and lost the football game, and now we have some subpar teams to get the bullshit worked out before shit gets real.

1. Harrison Butker right now is not that clutch guy that you can rely on. Arguably, he never has been. 13 seconds doesn't happen if the guy doesn't leave 4 points on the field in the first place, and we were just very fortunate he made good on the 49 yarder to tie. Andy is going to have to understand when it's better to just put the ball in 15s hands, and let the chips fall where they may. Watching this dude kick in big moments this year is giving me serious 90s vibes.

2. Justin Reid should never open his mouth about an opponent again. What an embarrassment.

3. If this is the effort we are going to get from Chris Jones and the d line against the NFL playoff teams, then we're in some deep shit right now. The leagues most sacked qb, and we can't lay a finger on him. In the biggest games, 95 disappears entirely.

4. Seminars should be held for the o line on knowing where the line of scrimmage is at all times, and keeping your ass within one yard. Countless HUGE plays taken off the board this season by this ineligible downfield idiocy. It's basic football.

5. Gotta stop blaming the refs for everything. The Chiefs are one of the least penalized teams in football, and screeching for penalties on the opposition every play is just blood belching vagina league. If we need the refs to help us get stops, then we aren't playing well enough to win. Period. The interception only happened because of the PI. The big first down got called back because Allegretti and Wylie didn't know their assholes from their elbows.

6. The redzone is not the place for experimentation. Second time in as many weeks we see Andy waste a down on some hare brained stupid bullshit that goes utterly nowhere. Redzone is serious business, not fucking mad scientist playtime. If your play design has Mahomes lined up at wide receiver, please delete this formation, because you are a dumbass.

7. Steve Spagnuolo needs to get the NFL rulebook and read the part in there where running backs can legally catch the ball. Nobody gives up more passing yards to backs than Steve Spagnuolo.

8. Steve Spagnuolo needs to commit to stopping the oppositions best player. Not come out in base sets and allow Chase to line up against whoever he wants. At no time should this guy have been singled up, but we played this guy as if he were just another offensive player.

9. Kelce is a beast. But hero ball right there wasn't needed. We had a huge gain, the first down, just get down. Don't plow into 3 guys like you're on the goal line and keep chugging to eliminate forward progress saving you as you get held up and stripped. We weren't anywhere near that type of desperation big dog.

10. In games that come down to the wire like this every situation has to be handled correctly. Lot of situational football scenarios, the coaches and players simply had the wrong answer. That's how you lose football games.

As I said near the end of the game, this is the best thing for them. A game that's gonna hurt, and leave a bad taste, and motivate the coaches and players to get out of this sleepwalking mode they've been in.

One seed is gone, you've been spanked a third time by the team that beat your ass twice and stole a superbowl trip from you in your own house.

It's a reality check that says "Hey, assholes. You're not as good as you fucking think you are. Hold this hot, flaming L."

In a perfect world, this is the herd of Clydesdales pulling the collective heads out of the asses of the Kansas City Chiefs that will ignite a new work ethic, leading to a new winning streak rolling into the playoffs and culminating in a superbowl win.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:10 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
This is why we need to trade Jones this off season. You NEED an edge rusher to consistently rush the QB. We don’t have one. We could trade Jones and move up to a top 8, not to mention he will free up a lot of cap room. That along with Frank should allow us to rebuild the DL and possibly upgrade RT.
Other GMs in the league have seen what 95 brings to the biggest games. He's had plenty of playoff games.

The trade offers weren't what we wanted on his first negotiation, and they won't be what we want now.

Maybe a shitty franchise that desperately wants asses in seats for a reg season hero, but I don't see anyone that stupid outside of Mark Davis, and there's no way we trade him in the AFC West.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:10 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Will this game even matter? Time will tell.
This game absolutely matters. We don't need any time to tell. We lost the #1 seed and now must hope for another team to give it back. We got our D exposed and there might or might not be time to fix it. When we do win the superbowl, it will be THIS game that shined a light on our problems and lit a fire under our asses to run the table and correct the flaws exposed today. so yes, this mattered.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:12 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
This game absolutely matters. We don't need any time to tell. We lost the #1 seed and now must hope for another team to give it back. We got our D exposed and there might or might not be time to fix it. When we do win the superbowl, it will be THIS game that shined a light on our problems and lit a fire under our asses to run the table and correct the flaws exposed today. so yes, this mattered.
Mmm. I like the way you think.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:13 PM 12-04-2022

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:15 PM 12-04-2022
On your point 4...the 34 yard pass to gray which bailed us out of 3rd and long, but was called back because of "lineman blocking downfield...the OL was BEHIND the line of scrimmage. Refs were bailing the begals out.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:15 PM 12-04-2022
This was huge. If any loss was going to motivate, it's this one. A payback game with playoff type atmosphere both teams want the game so bad, and to lose it, and lose the 1 seed to boot, yeah that's Big-time slap to the face wake up call material.

I've never seen Mahomes so angry on the sidelines that he slammed his helmet. He wanted this one badly.
[Reply]
Papi 10:26 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
As I said near the end of the game, this is the best thing for them. A game that's gonna hurt, and leave a bad taste, and motivate the coaches and players to get out of this sleepwalking mode they've been in.
Agreed with most of the op post but this... Last year should have left plenty of bad taste and motivation. There's no good explanation for the lack of fight on defense and the lack of focus and production on offense. We are still soft af and not going to win another bowl playing like this.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:31 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Papi:
Agreed with most of the op post but this... Last year should have left plenty of bad taste and motivation. There's no good explanation for the lack of fight on defense and the lack of focus and production on offense. We are still soft af and not going to win another bowl playing like this.
Lot of those guys on the team are new.

Like smack talker Reid lol.
[Reply]
DenverChief 12:12 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
If we were “horrifically” outplayed in this game I’d love to hear your take on what the Vikings experienced against the Cowboys.
So it wasn’t horrific. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t bad. Words have meaning.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:32 AM 12-05-2022
I understand the sentiment and a lot of things have happened in each loss that mystify and frustrate but it’s not the end of the world. In all likelihood this loss won’t matter come week 17 and if it does then I hope they’ve learned enough from the three losses this year to overcome. Not worried about the Chiefs at all. Wish they had won but I doubt they lose again the rest of this season.
[Reply]
tx4chiefs 12:37 AM 12-05-2022
Chris Jones earned his million dollar bonus already. He's done for the year. Some guys only play hard when there's a contract year or bonus on line.
[Reply]
TEX 12:39 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I understand the sentiment and a lot of things have happened in each loss that mystify and frustrate but it’s not the end of the world. In all likelihood this loss won’t matter come week 17 and if it does then I hope they’ve learned enough from the three losses this year to overcome. Not worried about the Chiefs at all. Wish they had won but I doubt they lose again the rest of this season.
This loss won't matter week 17? WTF?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:41 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
This loss won't matter week 17? WTF?
check schedules
[Reply]
TEX 01:05 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I don't think I saw Sneed blitz at all this game. I expected bracket coverage on Chase at all times while McDuffie took Higgins himself, or McDuffie on Chase at least.

Williams on Chase one on one was not in any of my favorable ways to defend Jamar Chase.

I let the hype of this season for Jones get to me. I expected 95 to show up this game and he was invisible all day long.

The only time he stood out was when he got absolutely owned by a backup te on a run block.

It was exceptionally sad. This beast that is such a game wrecker, had zero effect on the most beat up quarterback in the league.

Yet their 3 man rush can get immediate pressure on Mahomes. It's maddening.
All of this is correct. KC will not beat Cin as long as they can't get to Burrow. Nothing has changed since last season in that regard. Meanwhile, Cin can seemingly get to Mahomes with ease. KC will not beat Cin as long as that is the case. Nothing has changed since last last season in that regard. Cin beating KC is no fluke. It's a thing now and there are consistent reasons for that.

The "good" thing is the reasons are identifiable. If KC wants to win another Super Bowl, they need to find a way to fix them. Otherwise, the results are not going to change.
[Reply]
TEX 01:08 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
check schedules
My point is, home field is not going to matter against the Bengals. They are clearly in our heads now, and for good reason. Them beating us is no fluke. Would you feel comfortable in the playoffs drawing Cin at any time or venue? I wouldn't.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up