ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:03 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I picked us to lose this game after Reid ran his mouth. Cinci was fired up. Outside of Pacheco, we were not.

Sucks that they should have won.

Defense was garbage outside of the goal line stand. I don't think we watched the same game.
Burrow was completing at will, only six incompletions and one of those should have been a TD. Running was was getting free.
Our defense is soft. Doesn't know how to tackle. Their wr picked up yac after tackling and other defenders just watch instead of flying in. I loathe that we stay in zone so much. If we are going to get beat, let them go man.

Cinci did the opposite. They delivered a lot of hard shots and stripped the ball. Our dline got pushed around.

Our oline got pushed around by 3 man rush again. Patrick should be having a talk with most of them.

Physical teams seem to be our kryptonite. We are a great team but are too ****ing nice. Our players need to learn to get mean. Make it hurt. Maybe that is why our lines are soft. They practice against each other.

Like I said I think Spags GP was to play soft and make Burrows make the throws - yes we had some poor tackling but by and large we played a good game (we only gave up 27 points and we are 104-26 when we do) had Kelce not fumbled and we missed a FG we most likely walk out of there with a W
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:03 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sorry, the Chiefs are past the point of moral victories. The Chiefs need to figure out how to get to Burrow. If not, they're not going to beat the Bengals.
Yeah, fuck moral victories...those are for teams trying to eeek their way into the post season and hoping something pops their way.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:05 PM 12-04-2022
Sorry, the Chiefs are past the point of moral victories. The Chiefs need to figure out how to get to Burrow. If not, they're not going to beat the Bengals.
Correct. This was the game where the Chiefs were going to unleash hell after the Bengals stole the SB trip from them and all and the Bengals were frauds and blah blah blah and well, they lost. Again.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 08:08 PM 12-04-2022
Agree with most of this.

Add back Toney, Hardman, Thuney and play in Arrowhead and we beat them. Can't lose the turnover battle against good teams and need to get more pressure on the QB.

I hope we play them in January. We're the better team. Still sitting pretty for HFA given remaining schedules of contending teams.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:09 PM 12-04-2022
Will be hard to beat the Bengals in any situation. They match up very well against us. It's no coincidence. 3 wins in a row is pretty telling.
They don’t match up well against our offense. They did today bc Hardman, Thuney and Toney are out.

When the Chiefs gets that speed back, it’s gonna be as big of a mismatch as their WR’s against our DB’s
[Reply]
TEX 08:11 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They don’t match up well against our offense. They did today bc Hardman, Thuney and Toney are out.

When the Chiefs gets that speed back, it’s gonna be as big of a mismatch as their WR’s against our DB’s
But they get a pass rush on Mahomes. We can't touch Burrow. That is the biggest reason we can't beat them.
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:13 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.
You've been away from CP for too long. "Levelheaded" doesn't go around here lawdog.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:14 PM 12-04-2022
But they get a pass rush on Mahomes. We can't touch Burrow. That is the biggest reason we can't beat them.
We barely even sniffed him a few times, their O line played angry and tight tonight
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:15 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
You've been away from CP for too long. "Levelheaded" doesn't go around here lawdog.
:-) savvy?
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:16 PM 12-04-2022
I'm not entirely sold that we can't as much as we didn't and played to contain him in the pocket and make him hit the throws- I mean it worked fairly well - with the exception of the missed FG drive when they pressured Mahomes we got big chunk yardage plays. I think that is what Spags was trying to avoid sending 5 or more and giving up the big plays to Chase. Instead let 4 rush him and make him find the open guy
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:17 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
:-) Touche
[Reply]
penguinz 08:18 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I wonder if CEH has a clue yet ?
McKinnon and Pacheco feed well off each other
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:21 PM 12-04-2022
# 11. We played with several rookie corners who are only / should be better a 2nd time around in the playoffs!
[Reply]
PHOG 08:52 PM 12-04-2022

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:50 PM 12-04-2022
I love kelce as a player. This obviously is not his fault. But that fumble was the kneecapper. It’s not just the 14 pt swing. The hard part was the weird timing of it where even if we score on our final possession, it meant cincy could run out the clock for a final score.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up