ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>A Levelheaded review
DenverChief 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
For those of us that can keep their emotions in check yeah this game sucked but a couple of things of note.

1. If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball we most likely score at least a FG to go up 27-20 with ~10 mins left in the game.

2. We probably should have gone for it on 4th & 7 instead of the 55 yard FG - but that is really a 50/50 call at that point.

3. The Defense played good but not great, I think the GP by Spags was to play soft and make Burrow make the throws - granted we had some atrocious tackling at times but we played well enough to win the game. The Cincy WR's made some outstanding catches with Williams/McDuffie glued to their hip.

4. Andy Reid is 104-26 (80% win rate) with the Chiefs when the Defense gives up 27 points or less. All three losses this year have been 27 points or less, the Indy game (20-17) was the worst Offensive performance of the year by far with 2 turnovers and a missed FG. The Buffalo game (24-20) was the same 2 Turnovers and a missed FG. This game was a single turnover and a single missed FG. WE HAVE to protect the ball and not miss scoring opportunities.

5. Pacheco is a beast I would have given him the opportunity (or at least Mckinnon) on the 3rd & 3 @ the Cincy 33. I'm impressed with his development I just wish we would feed him the rock more.

6. We really do miss the speed on our offense. Hardman/Toney make our offense so much more explosive. Hopefully Toney can come back next week and finish out the season without any more issues. Having Hardman back for the playoffs will be huge.

7. Buffalo still has to play at home vs the Dolphins, Jets and Pats and a road trip to Cincy, still plenty of opportunity for them to drop another game.

8. KC finishes out with Denver x2, @ the Faid, @ the Texans and at home against the Seahags - very good chance we run the table and finish 14-3.

9. I think we forget the other team gets paid to play too and they have good players. We cannot give them Buliten Board material to amp them up. Shame on Justin Reid for the smack talk. Never give them something to play for.

10. We aren't going to win every game, I'll take this this kind of loss over the Indy loss anyday.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:24 PM 12-04-2022
Great post.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:25 PM 12-04-2022
The Bungles got some salve for their SB chapped ass. Chiefs sharpened their knives
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:25 PM 12-04-2022
Pacheco is an absolute stud. So glad we drafted him and even gladder(sic) he is now the starter.
[Reply]
YayMike 07:26 PM 12-04-2022
Perfectly stated .
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:31 PM 12-04-2022
Level headed posts are such a meltdown downer.
[Reply]
DenverChief 07:32 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Level headed posts are such a meltdown downer.
:-) my bad :-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:35 PM 12-04-2022
Yeah to me you have to go for it, unless Mahomes injury was part of the thought process. If you are going for it on 4th and 4 tied then to me the thought process is the same. That being that we expect the Bengals to move the ball.

If you pass on a fg to put you up 3 earlier, why do you try the fg to only tie later?
[Reply]
Otter 07:37 PM 12-04-2022
I think the Bengals have a voodoo doll of Andy Reid or something similar. They look like some guy who is still afraid of someone that bullied them in high school despite being bigger and stronger.

The whole team. Something went wrong in the 2nd half of that playoff game.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:37 PM 12-04-2022
The FG call was a bad one. I just don't think you can play for the tie there with 3 minutes left. As bend-not-breakish as the defense was for much of the game, getting into FG range and winning the game would have been nothing for the Bengals offense.
[Reply]
DenverChief 07:37 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Yeah to me you have to go for it, unless Mahomes injury was part of the thought process. If you are going for it on 4th and 4 tied then to me the thought process is the same. That being that we expect the Bengals to move the ball.

If you pass on a fg to put you up 3 earlier, why do you try the fg to only tie later?
Ah yeah I forgot he came limping off the field - but that just solidifies my argument to give the rock to Pacheco/McKinnon on 3rd down and then if we have to go for it put it on Pat's shoulders - gotta put more trust in the runners.
[Reply]
DenverChief 07:38 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The FG call was a bad one. I just don't think you can play for the tie there with 3 minutes left. As bend-not-breakish as the defense was for much of the game, getting into FG range and winning the game would have been nothing for the Bengals offense.
Agreed. Maybe should have called a TO and talked about it, gave Pat a chance to work out the foot pain.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:39 PM 12-04-2022
yup all said is correct, it sucks but they flat outplayed us today, cya in the playoffs, hope we can make it at home.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:40 PM 12-04-2022
Andy made good key down and distance calls on consecutive drives, going for 4th and 3 in the red zone and taking the penalty to not let the Bengals have 4th and 1. Then he blew the most important one.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:41 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Agreed. Maybe should have called a TO and talked about it, gave Pat a chance to work out the foot pain.
He's also pretty damn effective at drawing teams offsides... would have liked to see that and then TO if needed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up