ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>We're 1-5 against the Bills and Bengals the last 2 seasons
-King- 07:06 PM 12-04-2022
13 seconds away from being 0-6.

These losses aren't just flukes. We aren't marching up well with the 2 best teams in the AFC and as of now everybody knows it. And as horrific as the defense is those games, our offense almost never played up to their standard when we play these two teams. In our 5 losses to them we're averaging 23.6 points again. Mahomes also plays well below his standards against them too.

These two teams definitely have our number and until we beat them in the playoffs, we'll be underdogs every time we play them.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:36 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No, that's a hypothetical

Might as well say 'without losing any games, we're undefeated.'
No, that's not a hypothetical.

When we're talking about a single game, and if winning said game is all that needs to happen to make it to the Super Bowl, it's a pretty tautological statement.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:41 PM 12-04-2022
The Bengals defense did the unthinkable. In the fourth quarter Kelce was heating up and they took the ball from him. Defense tanked after that. They were spent.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:43 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, that's not a hypothetical.

When we're talking about a single game, and if winning said game is all that needs to happen to make it to the Super Bowl, it's a pretty tautological statement.
if statements are hypotheticals, not statements of fact.

Facts actually happen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
The Bengals defense did the unthinkable. In the fourth quarter Kelce was heating up and they took the ball from him. Defense tanked after that. They were spent.
they literally ripped victory out of our arms

better to have our hearts broken now though....there will be no earnest byner moments for this squad in the postseason
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:45 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Got a ring in 19. How many rings do the Bengals and Bills have?

[Reply]
TwistedChief 12-04-2022, 08:49 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
Gary Cooper 08:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Difference is, there wasn't a bogus penalty called after our turnover.

Plus, it should have been stopped for forward progress.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:50 PM 12-04-2022
I think we needed this one for morale and breathing room, but it truly doesn't matter until the postseason.

All but one was a close game that could have gone either way.

Today we had Kelce cough up a key fumble and Butker missed a kick in the 4th quarter. Either of those two plays go the other way and there's a really good chance we're in here celebrating a win talking about how badly we're going to smash the Broncos next week.
[Reply]
-King- 09:07 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Without blowing a 21-3 lead at home with Mahomes, we go to the SB again.

That is a factual statement
Ok, we're 1-5 against the Bills and benhals. If not for choking in the 2nd half, we're 2-4 against them.

Does that record and me putting it that way make you feel better?
[Reply]
007 09:08 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok since you're sensitive, I'll change it, until the next time we beat them (which our next opportunity will come in the playoffs but you're being sensitive about wording so I'll change it), we're going to be underdogs against them.

Happy?

So? I think we are a better team as underdogs.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:21 PM 12-04-2022
Maybe we got caught up trying to be the next patriots. Take a deep breath and realize that we’ve already made more super bowls than Brees and rodgers did their entire career. And we all know the next one is inevitable.

We are an outstanding team but guess what, other teams got pretty good too. Josh Allen and joe burrow are a problem even against good defenses. We should know that feeling. That feeling where a great qb has their way with our defense is what many defenses felt after feeling the wrath of mahomes.

But here’s the rub. We’ve transitioned to our long term plan. Bengals and bills have not. And they will desperately claw at this until they do. Either they win a Super Bowl soon and claw back to reality. Or they keep loading up until the dam inevitably collapses.

I’m at peace with it. We still have a terrific shot at winning this even though the road will be very tough. Our present and future is extremely bright. The bills and bengals have massive hills yet to climb. It’s just not going to be as easy as we thought it would be.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:25 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok, we're 1-5 against the Bills and benhals. If not for choking in the 2nd half, we're 2-4 against them.

Does that record and me putting it that way make you feel better?
What do you expect their record to be at any given time against the other two top teams in the league?

3-5 in the past few seasons and 2-1 when it matters.

I'd personally expect 4-4 and either 2-1/1-2, but think I'll take the extra playoff game over regular season. :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:27 PM 12-04-2022
Did we not knock the Bill's out twice? Does Allen have a ring? Does Burrow? Nope.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Did we not knock the Bill's out twice? Does Allen have a ring? Does Burrow? Nope.
That's the weirdest part about this argument... it's not like we're Manning Colts and looking up at 3 Patriots rings in the early 2000s and wondering WTF we can't beat those guys.

We're basically whining about how we aren't the regular seasons champs against these two teams, considering we're 2-1 in the playoffs against them and neither has any hardware and only 1 SB appearance between them.
[Reply]
-King- 09:33 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
What do you expect their record to be at any given time against the other two top teams in the league?

3-5 in the past few seasons and 2-1 when it matters.

I'd personally expect 4-4 and either 2-1/1-2, but think I'll take the extra playoff game over regular season. :-)
I will too. Hopefully we can beat them in the playoffs because we will face at least one of them if not both of them.

But I'm not going to hand wave that in the past 2 years they've had our number more times than not. That's not a trend I want to see continue.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:39 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe we got caught up trying to be the next patriots. Take a deep breath and realize that we’ve already made more super bowls than Brees and rodgers did their entire career. And we all know the next one is inevitable.

We are an outstanding team but guess what, other teams got pretty good too. Josh Allen and joe burrow are a problem even against good defenses. We should know that feeling. That feeling where a great qb has their way with our defense is what many defenses felt after feeling the wrath of mahomes.

But here’s the rub. We’ve transitioned to our long term plan. Bengals and bills have not. And they will desperately claw at this until they do. Either they win a Super Bowl soon and claw back to reality. Or they keep loading up until the dam inevitably collapses.

I’m at peace with it. We still have a terrific shot at winning this even though the road will be very tough. Our present and future is extremely bright. The bills and bengals have massive hills yet to climb. It’s just not going to be as easy as we thought it would be.
Of course it is. After 2019, everyone thought we'd have our own dynasty. The Super Bowl loss to Tampa probably ruined that, especially with an emerging Allen and Burrow to deal with.

But yes, Chiefs fans need to temper expectations. There's other great teams in the AFC. Nobody is going to have a dynasty. Not enough pie to go around for everyone. We're one of the favorites, and that's good.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up