ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:48 PM 12-04-2022
just for the record on that last drive where Butker missed the FG we ran the ball 4 times and passed 5. We were more balanced in this game then any game this season or last or the year before.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:55 PM 12-04-2022
To overly simplify defense... you can lack pressure if you're doing your job in coverage. You can lack coverage if you're getting to the QB. You can give up a long pass if you're stuffing the run.

And to do none of these things is just mind boggling.

I fully expected to have to score 30+ to win, but that was pretty embarrassing to not win in any phase of defense at all.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:59 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Did anyone notice Justin Reid was in the game? I didn't see much of anything from him. Maybe keep that mouth shut next time. The guy has been a bit of a disappointment along with the Jaun and only.
Have you noticed Reid all season?
[Reply]
PHOG 08:38 PM 12-04-2022
Wylie sucks as a tackle....period.

[Reply]
DRM08 08:40 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
To overly simplify defense... you can lack pressure if you're doing your job in coverage. You can lack coverage if you're getting to the QB. You can give up a long pass if you're stuffing the run.

And to do none of these things is just mind boggling.

I fully expected to have to score 30+ to win, but that was pretty embarrassing to not win in any phase of defense at all.
Pretty fortunate the Bengals shot themselves in the foot a couple times right by the goal line, or it's a 38 point game for them. They pretty much did whatever they wanted against the KC defense all day.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:41 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Did anyone notice Justin Reid was in the game? I didn't see much of anything from him. Maybe keep that mouth shut next time. The guy has been a bit of a disappointment along with the Jaun and only.
I noticed him once....and that play (that I noticed him) it sure looked like he was making a business decision. I sure hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:43 PM 12-04-2022
The fucking frustrating thing is we actually were balanced on play calling today and all things considered the secondary was good enough but we can't get pressure with 4 and if you blitz Burrow he certainly can make you pay. Until the d line can win 1 on 1 and Patrick tries less to push it downfield they will continue to have success against us. I want these guys in the playoffs
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:44 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Have you noticed Reid all season?
This is exactly what I was going to post in response.

The guy has been invisible. Not that that's always bad for a DB and I didn't think he'd be a better version of HB, but he hasn't made a single mark at any point in this season.
[Reply]
chiefqueen 08:45 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Mahomes was really limping at the end.
Any word on that?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am getting frustrated. I even turned the TV to NFLN after the game hoping that I would be able to see Reid press conference.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:46 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is exactly what I was going to post in response.

The guy has been invisible. Not that that's always bad for a DB and I didn't think he'd be a better version of HB, but he hasn't made a single mark at any point in this season.
All the safeties are invisible...this defense just doesn't create turnovers at all.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:47 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, obviously.

But it's not a "we're not good enough" issue, it's a "we didn't execute well enough" issue.

We have areas in which we're not good enough; we're not good enough up front on either side of the ball right now, is where I would start with that determination.

Still good enough to win MOSTLY, but not against the other elite teams. And make no mistake, Cinci has beaten us 3 times in 13 months-if we're elite, they are elite.
Agree 100% that KC is not good enough in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The troubling thing is you can't fix those things very quickly. And it's been a problem for many years. Even when they won the Super Bowl, they got pushed around by the Niners for 80% of the game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:47 PM 12-04-2022
Are we supposed to notice a FS in this defense?
[Reply]
oldman 11:20 PM 12-04-2022
Amen on items 5 and 6.
Another thing I noticed is that Kelce didn't have a catch in the 1st half. That alone was strange. I couldn't see all the coverage, was he doubled all day?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:45 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Is there anything Spags could do that would cause you to put any of the blame on him?

Because, honestly, you seem incapable of holding him accountable as the DC.

When Dunlap and Gay made those big plays, I said it was just great individual effort, and you said I was wrong. But, when the defense plays poorly as a whole, you say it's the players.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I like Spags, and they could definitely do worse, but it might be time to consider other options. None of his defenses have been above average so far.

Throughout the whole Spags era, quality QBs have basically had their way with his defenses, leaving the offense with a slim margin for error.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:40 AM 12-05-2022
What stood out most to me was the L at the end, not a fan
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up