ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:13 PM 12-04-2022
I don’t blame Butker too much. 55 yards is no chip shot and kicking was a losing decision anyway.

That was 4 down territory imo (at least from that yardage), so it would’ve been a great time to run on 3rd. Worst case, set up a shorter 4th.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:15 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and yet, Kelce's fumble was the killer. And Butker missing the FG. Or Mahomes missing Mckinnon for the easy first down.

The game was there for The Chiefs to take it, they just didn't make the plays.
That fumble was a direct result of the Bengals' defense. They held up Kelce from getting to the ground and another Bengal guy punched the ball out. Later in the game, Travis was able to get to the ground but Cincy was trying to do the same thing to him again. They don't mind doing underhanded shit to win the game, like that bullcrap fake injury on the goal line. KC needs to find a way to handle this stuff better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Gonna have to disagree on #4 here.

After getting his shit ate by leaving Chase one on one last year, Spagnuolo should have known better by now. Did it anyways.

Dropping George into coverage instead of playing the line.

Trying to run zone on them.

I think you have to start by looking at the coordinator. When Hurst went out, this should have been much simpler for the Chiefs but they still got fisted.
Well, I mean, they ate the zone alive in the first half. So they went to more man in the second (it appeared to me). They couldn't get home rushing 4 seems like the biggest issue to me. Chase is going to smoke anyone if Burrow has time.

And dropping Karlaftis is part of zone blitz concepts. As I said above it looks really bad when it doesn't work, but we've gotten a lot of big plays doing it, like a lot of Sneed's pressures and sacks.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 07:16 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Is there anything Spags could do that would cause you to put any of the blame on him?

Because, honestly, you seem incapable of holding him accountable as the DC.

When Dunlap and Gay made those big plays, I said it was just great individual effort, and you said I was wrong. But, when the defense plays poorly as a whole, you say it's the players.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Our DL got no pass rush, tacklers got blasted off the ball frequently, db's were giving up contested catches. That's not a schematic issue. I will say though I think a good DC would have schemed a way to pressure Burrow by the 3rd game within a years span
[Reply]
Spott 07:17 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
On that last drive, why the fuck did Andy decide to stop running the fucking ball? We were gashing them every play. Run, run, run, eat up the clock, punch in the winning TD with little to no time left on the clock.

Instead, we go pass happy, end up settling for a long field goal, miss it, and even if it had been made, it wouldn't have mattered. Gave them the ball back with way too much time. The detards hadn't stopped them all day long - why would he expect them to do it at the end? That's some real Wyle E. Coyote shit there.

This wasn't quite the headscratcher that the Indy loss was, because the Bungles are actually good, but still..... just fucking stupid. :-)
Sometimes I think Reid could have Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith in the backfield and would still try a flea flicker from the 1 yard line instead of running the ball.
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:17 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
On that last drive, why the fuck did Andy decide to stop running the fucking ball? We were gashing them every play. Run, run, run, eat up the clock, punch in the winning TD with little to no time left on the clock.

Instead, we go pass happy, end up settling for a long field goal, miss it, and even if it had been made, it wouldn't have mattered. Gave them the ball back with way too much time. The detards hadn't stopped them all day long - why would he expect them to do it at the end? That's some real Wyle E. Coyote shit there.

This wasn't quite the headscratcher that the Indy loss was, because the Bungles are actually good, but still..... just fucking stupid. :-)
It's a problem. The man has low tolerance for rushing often, as if three running plays in a row spells defeat.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That fumble was a direct result of the Bengals' defense. They held up Kelce from getting to the ground and another Bengal guy punched the ball out. Later in the game, Travis was able to get to the ground but Cincy was trying to do the same thing to him again. They don't mind doing underhanded shit to win the game, like that bullcrap fake injury on the goal line. KC needs to find a way to handle this stuff better.
Well, obviously.

But it's not a "we're not good enough" issue, it's a "we didn't execute well enough" issue.

We have areas in which we're not good enough; we're not good enough up front on either side of the ball right now, is where I would start with that determination.

Still good enough to win MOSTLY, but not against the other elite teams. And make no mistake, Cinci has beaten us 3 times in 13 months-if we're elite, they are elite.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:19 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, I mean, they ate the zone alive in the first half. So they went to more man in the second (it appeared to me). They couldn't get home rushing 4 seems like the biggest issue to me. Chase is going to smoke anyone if Burrow has time.

And dropping Karlaftis is part of zone blitz concepts. As I said above it looks really bad when it doesn't work, but we've gotten a lot of big plays doing it, like a lot of Sneed's pressures and sacks.
Well when it doesn't work, you look like Bob Sutton.

Chase should have been doubled up on every single down and the fact he wasn't was a total fail.

Too many downs with Bengals receivers running wide open. Coverage fails.

The Bengals can get in with just 3-4 while the Chiefs can't wait 5+ because there are coverage fails allover. It's easy to blame the player, but should you blame the player when they are given an impossible assignment?

This is Spags 4th year and the Defense is still trending in the wrong direction. That should be flashing glaring warning signals.
[Reply]
srvy 07:20 PM 12-04-2022
Did anyone notice Justin Reid was in the game? I didn't see much of anything from him. Maybe keep that mouth shut next time. The guy has been a bit of a disappointment along with the Jaun and only.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:22 PM 12-04-2022
IDK, game was a wash both ways. Mahomes didn't touch the ball at the end of the game. Kelce got mugged. The end.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:26 PM 12-04-2022
They seemed to have receivers literally teleporting wide open, it happened over and over again... largely a result of our lack of pressure

Other than that yeah #9 sticks out for sure, we needed to keep Burrow off the field and Pacheco was flexing tonight... maybe keep running him to help the defense?
[Reply]
scho63 07:37 PM 12-04-2022
The single thing I'm really pissed at is we didn't run some creative new blitz packages just for this game.

We all knew Burrow can't have a lot of time and yet we got little to no pressure all game. Spags blitzes were obvious.

Why no blitz from Sneed or anyone else?

I think we tried Bolton once and he almost made it.
[Reply]
scho63 07:39 PM 12-04-2022
Also Burrow and his receivers made some incredible throws/catches in tight coverage.

That last play of 3rd and 11 was pretty impressive.
[Reply]
scho63 12-04-2022, 07:41 PM
This message has been deleted by scho63.
MahomesMagic 07:44 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hope we play them again. Offense will be significantly harder to stop when Thuney, Hardman and Toney are all back
I would rather not. This KC team can go all the way but the AFC playoffs will all be about who draws who.

Cincinnati is just a bad draw for us.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:47 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
The single thing I'm really pissed at is we didn't run some creative new blitz packages just for this game.

We all knew Burrow can't have a lot of time and yet we got little to no pressure all game. Spags blitzes were obvious.

Why no blitz from Sneed or anyone else?

I think we tried Bolton once and he almost made it.
They send 3 and get insta pressure. We send 28 guys and get stonewalled and he has a perfect pocket for 8 seconds. Its fuckin amazing we made the game close.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up