ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
RunKC 08:50 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This incarnation of the Bengals won't last long. If anyone thinks they're dealing out a top QB contract and 2 top 5 WR contracts in a 2 year span doesn't know that team.
Bills are hitting the wall after this season. Bengals have next year but will have to let Higgins go and pay Burrow/Chase
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 10:01 PM 12-04-2022
Somehow the Patriots in Brady's glory days (subject to a similar same cap) were able to have some of the best lines in the league (with similar quality players as the Chiefs currently have at RB, WR, and TE)...Veach isn't getting his money's worth on the line and our team will get hammered in the playoffs as a result (the glaring deficit at the line positions will cost us the trophy for years to come and Veach has done nothing to improve it this past offseason or this season)...
[Reply]
DRM08 10:05 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
Somehow the Patriots in Brady's glory days (subject to a similar same cap) were able to have some of the best lines in the league (with similar quality players as the Chiefs currently have at RB, WR, and TE)...Veach isn't getting his money's worth on the line and our team will get hammered in the playoffs as a result (the glaring deficit at the line positions will cost us the trophy for years to come and Veach has done nothing to improve it this past offseason or this season)...
Veach is just part of it though. End of the day, it's Andy Reid IMHO. Maybe when he retires, they will get a coach with more of a smashmouth mentality on both sides of the ball. Winning the trenches should be top priority.
[Reply]
Fish 10:05 PM 12-04-2022
This starts at the top. Fire the Clarks.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:11 PM 12-04-2022
Not pointing fingers. But if kelce doesn't lose that ball...what are the odds of us scoring and controlling the rest of the game? Big players have bad games. Kelce had his first bad game in years. It happens. These guys are human afterall. That turnover was costly tho. That's what contributed most for our loss.
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 10:19 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Not pointing fingers. But if kelce doesn't lose that ball...what are the odds of us scoring and controlling the rest of the game? Big players have bad games. Kelce had his first bad game in years. It happens. These guys are human afterall. That turnover was costly tho. That's what contributed most for our loss.
I understand your point, but if you really watch the game they dominated the line of play and it seems most playoff teams dominate us at the line and you just can't win a trophy not being equal (at worst) to the opposition at line play.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:31 PM 12-04-2022
It’ll cost us a trophy for years? We cleaned our cap. This was our cleanup year and we’re 9-3 with very close losses to really good teams. Against a league piling up players in a desperate attempt to win the Super Bowl now.

And we should have had tyreek until we got hamstrung at the 25th hour. And it meant having a glaring hole at a position we thought we were set at. You’re acting like we’re a million pieces away. Tyreek alone probably makes us unbeatable. That’s one player. We chose to hold onto picks instead of trading for a pass rusher. We chose to clean our cap instead of giving tyreek a mega payday. These are long term plays to surround a qb who’s going to be around a while and who will have plenty of shots to get to a Super Bowl. You can debate those ideas all you want but the benefits of those moves don’t pay out this year. It pays out next year and beyond.

Our expectations are really absurd. We’ve been to three straight afc championship games yet we will never win another trophy? We have a ton of picks and money and yet we can’t improve? And what did people really think was going to happen after giving mahomes a mega deal? We were going to have pro bowlers at every position?
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:36 PM 12-04-2022
I understand your point, but if you really watch the game they dominated the line of play and it seems most playoff teams dominate us at the line and you just can't win a trophy not being equal (at worst) to the opposition at line play.
For sure the Bungles did win the trenches today,aside from the Chiefs running the ball well,albeit against light boxes.The Kelce fumble was a pivotal swing of momentum back to them though,if KC scores a td on that drive,you just hope to be far enough ahead to win a potential shootout.

I was hoping by some miracle Kelce's knee was down before he fumbled,or why the refs didnt blow the play dead,he was being gang tackled at that point,but i guess he wouldnt go down.

I just don't get as upset at the Chiefs losses anymore,since theres really nothing as fans we can do.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:42 PM 12-04-2022
Oh and FTR...after what Suh got away with on Mahomes in the SB,i think theres not a snowballs chance in hell he'd be welcomed on the Chiefs.I obv. don't make those decisions,and i know he's a good player,but he just plays dirty as hell.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:49 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It’ll cost us a trophy for years? We cleaned our cap. This was our cleanup year and we’re 9-3 with very close losses to really good teams. Against a league piling up players in a desperate attempt to win the Super Bowl now.

And we should have had tyreek until we got hamstrung at the 25th hour. And it meant having a glaring hole at a position we thought we were set at. You’re acting like we’re a million pieces away. Tyreek alone probably makes us unbeatable. That’s one player. We chose to hold onto picks instead of trading for a pass rusher. We chose to clean our cap instead of giving tyreek a mega payday. These are long term plays to surround a qb who’s going to be around a while and who will have plenty of shots to get to a Super Bowl. You can debate those ideas all you want but the benefits of those moves don’t pay out this year. It pays out next year and beyond.

Our expectations are really absurd. We’ve been to three straight afc championship games yet we will never win another trophy? We have a ton of picks and money and yet we can’t improve? And what did people really think was going to happen after giving mahomes a mega deal? We were going to have pro bowlers at every position?
Tyreek doesn't make them unbeatable. The problems in the trenches were there with Tyreek on the roster.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:49 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Oh and FTR...after what Suh got away with on Mahomes in the SB,i think theres not a snowballs chance in hell he'd be welcomed on the Chiefs.I obv. don't make those decisions,and i know he's a good player,but he just plays dirty as hell.
KC could use some dirty instead of the soft AF pansies on this team.
[Reply]
-King- 10:50 PM 12-04-2022
Suh is on the Eagles now.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 PM 12-04-2022
For sure the Bungles did win the trenches today,aside from the Chiefs running the ball well,albeit against light boxes.The Kelce fumble was a pivotal swing of momentum back to them though,if KC scores a td on that drive,you just hope to be far enough ahead to win a potential shootout.

I was hoping by some miracle Kelce's knee was down before he fumbled,or why the refs didnt blow the play dead,he was being gang tackled at that point,but i guess he wouldnt go down.

I just don't get as upset at the Chiefs losses anymore,since theres really nothing as fans we can do.
Kelce tried to go down. One of the Bengal guys held him up and the other Bengal guy went after the ball. They tried to do this later in the game as well, but Kelce was able to get down quicker. He will need to keep this stuff in mind the next time they play these guys. Get down ASAP. Don't even give them a chance to pull those chickenshit moves.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:55 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Our personnel is good enough when our OL can’t handle a 3 man rush without Mahomes running around like a chicken with its head cut off? Who built this OL? Who built this DL? Who’s responsible for the roster that’s 1-5 against the 2 best teams in the conference?
our OL was not the issue today.. we ran pretty well and were able to move the ball

on defense we could not stop them. 1 punt and once where they refused to take 3 more points and dropped an easy TD.

there's no comparison
[Reply]
DRM08 11:00 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
our OL was not the issue today.. we ran pretty well and were able to move the ball

on defense we could not stop them. 1 punt and once where they refused to take 3 more points and dropped an easy TD.

there's no comparison
Chiefs OL got blown up in a number of key situations. Relatively speaking, Bengals OL was a hell of a lot better.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up