ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:12 PM 12-04-2022
I mean holy hell, people should take a look at Green Bay and the giants roster management after giving Rodgers and Eli mega deals. If you’re this worked up about it. We are spoiled rotten.
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 08:13 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wait, you think because mahomes has a FA friendly contract they should have a way better roster than the bengals? You think his contract is more FA friendly than burrows or chases? You do realize the bengals were regularly picking in the top 10 before burrow. And that burrow and chase will eventually account for $50m+ PER YEAR over what they’re making now.
Funny you didn’t answer the question about who has better talent position by position.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:16 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This thread is embarrassing to the Lenny "the Cool" Lounge. Needs Rompered. That's why we have the Romper Room
This please
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:17 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think Williams has better position than Fenton ever did and is a lot less grabby.

Not to mention he's a rookie with a lot more size and upside.
I honestly don’t think he was as terrible as everyone wants him to be. Chase is arguably in the conversation for best wr in the league. Burrow is probably cemented by now as the best qb outside of mahomes. And you have zero pass rush. And refs who don’t call the constant chase push offs. And you’re asking a rookie who is rawer than most guys given his experience level. It’s not like last year where we gave up huge shot after huge shot. We gave up a ton of shit in the middle and a lot of plays were just great throw and catches against decent enough coverage
[Reply]
PHOG 08:19 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Your pass rushers are not good enough. But I wouldn't say it's all on Veach. Andy Reid & Spags have had plenty of input in terms of putting together the defensive roster over the last few years. The talent on the defensive line is a long, long way from championship level.
And here I thought you were a Chiefs fan....my bad.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:20 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
And here I thought you were a Chiefs fan....my bad.
I am rooting as hard for KC as anyone. I don't root for anyone else in the NFL.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:27 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by wbbonneriii:
Here is a question, other than QB and TE, where are the Chiefs better talent wise than the Bengals (or Bills)?

Bengals have the better lines, RBs (by a long ways) WRs (by a long ways), LBs, and DBs (maybe a push)?

Maybe punter?

Mahomes has a very friendly contract and yet has inferior talent around him.
Ask again in about 2 years? QB will get an enormous amount of money, good luck Cinci.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:31 PM 12-04-2022
Funny you didn’t answer the question about who has better talent position by position.
I didn’t answer it because it’s silly to compare a rookie contract team loaded with top draft picks to a team with a second contract qb scraping away with low round picks. The idea that that’s on veach is absurd. We are plenty good at most positions. And this isn’t close to a fair comparison until cincy has to actually work around the $50m+ per year pay bump just to keep TWO of their top players.

When the chiefs had a rookie contract situation even without the benefit of stockpiling top 10 draft picks the chiefs won a Super Bowl, made another, and made the afc conference championship on an “off year.”

Our roster is still pretty damn good. And we’re really well positioned with future drafts and salary cap to get even better. We are spoiled as all hell of we’re this much in a panic over a season that frankly is somewhat of a transition year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:34 PM 12-04-2022
Since when does it ever work that going line by line down a roster determines who's going to win the game?

Wanna play the game with the Chargers and see who comes out on top?

Such a waste of time.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:36 PM 12-04-2022
We have spent an awful lot of money for the repeated disappearing acts of Frank Clark and Chris Jones.
[Reply]
srvy 08:38 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
anyone blaming the kelce fumble for this loss didn't watch the whole game. pivotal moment yes. not what "swung" the game. D had so many chances to make stops . kelces fumble was still far enough away from scoring they drove it down the field at will.
Gaining momentum usually happens after a turnover that was that big. The problem with CP is many of the folks here think we are far and away superior to other teams. It's just not the case anyone can play you close and win.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:41 PM 12-04-2022
Posts per day: 0.05 This thread counts as less than a quarter of a post.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:42 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Gaining momentum usually happens after a turnover that was that big. The problem with CP is many of the folks here think we are far and away superior to other teams. It's just not the case anyone can play you close and win.
Mahomes contract closes the talent gap
Defenses have gotten better. Much much better.
The two best QBs not named mahomes are loading up to win now and have not felt the hurt of the salary cap adjustment
Chiefs spent this year cleaning our house. We haven’t even begun the reload yet

And yet here we are… 9-3 against a brutal schedule. Two of those being very close losses to teams that are really really good.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:45 PM 12-04-2022
This incarnation of the Bengals won't last long. If anyone thinks they're dealing out a top QB contract and 2 top 5 WR contracts in a 2 year span doesn't know that team.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:48 PM 12-04-2022
Thanks for your input, wbbonerlulz
[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up