ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
RunKC 07:17 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
The GM IS responsible for a D-line that can't do to Burrow what literally every other D-line does to him though. And that's a huge part why we can't get turnovers and win games against them.
Mahomes, Kelce and Jones are all the perceived best players at their position this year.

One fumbled in the 4th quarter, another missed open receivers to seal the game and the other didn’t get any pressure on Burrow against a bad OL.

But sure it’s not the players fault
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:17 PM 12-04-2022
Do you think the Broncos would trade Chubb to the Chiefs?
[Reply]
scho63 07:18 PM 12-04-2022
Overreaction Planet Strikes Again!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:20 PM 12-04-2022
The GM IS responsible for a D-line that can't do to Burrow what literally every other D-line does to him though. And that's a huge part why we can't get turnovers and win games against them.
The Tennessee D-Line is good, no?

They sacked him once.

But every DL is just teeing off on him?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:23 PM 12-04-2022
I’m slow to blame Veach too much, because we’ll pretty much always be fighting an uphill battle in the offseason. Free Agency and the Draft will benefit teams with cheap QBs and shitty records, which will never be us.

We have idiots wanting to trade high picks for expensive older talent, but that’s how you end up with Frank Clark deals (which are absolutely fair game to blame on Veach).
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:24 PM 12-04-2022
You win the "dumbest shit I've seen on the internet today" award. Congratulations dumbass
[Reply]
-King- 07:26 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The Tennessee D-Line is good, no?

They sacked him once.

But every DL is just teeing off on him?
He's been sacked multiple times in all but 4 games including ours. So for the most part, yeah.

And we were gifted a sack. So we couldn't even do what Tennessee did really.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:27 PM 12-04-2022
Good fucking grief

We lost to a really good team today. And it was a mistake from an incredibly reliable guy that swung it.

And this is kind of a rebuild for us anyway and we still have a hell of a team. Defense has plenty of talent to not be this bad.

The only knock is that we could have been aggressive at the trade deadline. But that’s ignoring that we have the picks and cap to do a lot of damage next year and beyond. We are in a really really good spot after just last year going through a major roster purge. That’s on top of having really really good young talent who will only get much better.

And in the end it’s a close regular season loss. Onward from Cincinnati. I just don’t get the people who would shit on veach for assembling a really good roster considering what we looked like we were up against a few years ago
[Reply]
-King- 07:27 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes, Kelce and Jones are all the perceived best players at their position this year.

One fumbled in the 4th quarter, another missed open receivers to seal the game and the other didn’t get any pressure on Burrow against a bad OL.

But sure it’s not the players fault
I do blame the players too. When did I say I didn't? But also who assembled the players we have?
[Reply]
Bwana 07:28 PM 12-04-2022
:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:31 PM 12-04-2022
He's been sacked multiple times in all but 4 games including ours. So for the most part, yeah.

And we were gifted a sack. So we couldn't even do what Tennessee did really.
He'd been sacked 1, 2, and 1 in the 3 games preceding this. Everyone who watches the Bengals acknowledges that their OL is coming together. That's typically what happens when a new group is geling and evolves over the course of the season.

Doesn't Tennessee have a nasty DL?
[Reply]
DRM08 07:34 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m slow to blame Veach too much, because we’ll pretty much always be fighting an uphill battle in the offseason. Free Agency and the Draft will benefit teams with cheap QBs and shitty records, which will never be us.

We have idiots wanting to trade high picks for expensive older talent, but that’s how you end up with Frank Clark deals (which are absolutely fair game to blame on Veach).
If you are gonna do the expensive veteran approach, it needs to be a legit game-changing player like Khalil Mack or Von Miller. Frank Clark was never that kind of guy, which is why Pete Carroll was happy to dump him on the Chiefs.

But I think it's absolutely fair to point out that the combo of Andy Reid, Brett Veach, and Spags are not finding the DL talent in the Draft over the last few years. Setting aside rookie Karloftis at the moment...Where are the DL guys from a few years ago that should have developed into good players?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:37 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If you are gonna do the expensive veteran approach, it needs to be a legit game-changing player like Khalil Mack or Von Miller. Frank Clark was never that kind of guy, which is why Pete Carroll was happy to dump him on the Chiefs.

But I think it's absolutely fair to point out that the combo of Andy Reid, Brett Veach, and Spags are not finding the DL talent in the Draft over the last few years. Setting aside rookie Karloftis at the moment...Where are the DL guys from a few years ago that should have developed into good players?
I’ll be so glad to move on from him. Yet another game with a mystery illness. Best we can pray for is that he can stay healthy for a playoff stretch. We need better play anywhere we can get it
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:47 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Good ****ing grief

We lost to a really good team today. And it was a mistake from an incredibly reliable guy that swung it.
anyone blaming the kelce fumble for this loss didn't watch the whole game. pivotal moment yes. not what "swung" the game. D had so many chances to make stops . kelces fumble was still far enough away from scoring they drove it down the field at will.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:48 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mahomes has covered a lot of Veach draft mistakes.

The guy hasn’t drafted an offensive skill position in 5 years.

The pass rush continues to be an issue
This can’t be serious.

I mean apart from multiple corners, LBs, RB, C, and a WR and DE who look like to be solid with upside… for a team in the back half of the draft.

Pretty sure over 75% of our picks the last 5 years are still on a roster that is really deep. And most of them are playing a lot of snaps.

But god forbid a team in the bottom 5 in draft order each round doesn’t draft a jamar chase every year.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up