« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This is as mad as I’ve been in years
siberian khatru 06:22 PM 12-04-2022
I’m destroying stuff.

Why can’t we beat this team?

MOTHERFUCK!
[Reply]
Bump 09:35 PM 12-04-2022
the faiders look a little better now than they did before but we are primed to win out the rest of the season, this is the easy stretch of our schedule
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:39 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I agree with your over all take but, on this specifically… For me the sample size goes back to 2003 when Cincy ended our 9 game win undefeated streak. And then there was 2006 I believe (whatever Herm’s first season was) when Cincy came to town and that low life POS Robert Geathers unofficially ended Trent Green’s career (I don’t even recall the final of that game but, I feel like Cincy won that as well).

Throw in the last three games and there are shades of the Indy “curse” at play here.
The only Chiefs win(within the last 20 years or so) i can remember ,Larry Johnson ran all over the bungles and won pretty easily i think.Might've been with Vermeil as coach,i can't remember.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:43 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I agree with your over all take but, on this specifically… For me the sample size goes back to 2003 when Cincy ended our 9 game win undefeated streak. And then there was 2006 I believe (whatever Herm’s first season was) when Cincy came to town and that low life POS Robert Geathers unofficially ended Trent Green’s career (I don’t even recall the final of that game but, I feel like Cincy won that as well).

Throw in the last three games and there are shades of the Indy “curse” at play here.
Mahomes broke whatever curses you're afraid of. Overcome the PTSD and come to the light.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:44 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
The only Chiefs win(within the last 20 years or so) i can remember ,Larry Johnson ran all over the bungles and won pretty easily i think.Might've been with Vermeil as coach,i can't remember.
We beat them 45-10 in 2018 on MNF.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:00 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by budman3:
This is nota big play offense anymore and with good reason with the loss of Hill. And that's fine with an offense that relies on short/intermediate passing and a decent running game. It gets the job done as they've proven this year especially against lesser teams.

But the one thing I dislike is PM's decision to run around and hold the ball for as long as possible in order to make the spectacular throw at the expense of being aggressive and take advantage of all the yards (and first downs) when they are available. And while he's made many of those plays in the past (and this year), his hesitancy to commit and take off has led to misthrows, throwaways to the ground or out of bounds and some interceptions. It may be nit picking but in the type of offense they have settled in and are successful playing, I trust his legs and his sense to get do get down or out of bounds without getting hurt.

This offense could be unstoppable if he found a way to keep extending long drives, use clock, tire the other teams defense and BTW..keep their defense off the field even longer.
So basically you don't want Mahomes to do what makes him the best QB of all time and want him to be more like Alex Smith. Not sure of this plan.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:07 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We beat them 45-10 in 2018 on MNF.
Oh yeah...and that one too i forgot.Did they still have Dalton ? Obv. a really good qb and receivers make a huge difference.

Actually wasnt it SNF ? I could be all kinds of wrong though haha.
[Reply]
budman3 11:16 PM 12-04-2022
"So basically you don't want Mahomes to do what makes him the best QB of all time and want him to be more like Alex Smith. Not sure of this plan".

Not what I'm saying. Scramble all he wants and keep plays alive as long as he can while looking downfield for an open receiver. It's what he does maybe better than anyone else. But there are times when he has an open field to run and can easily run for crucial and easy first downs (or even more) if he makes the decision to do so... immediately. Example...last play before the field goal that was missed he hesitated just enough to be caught from behind and came up short to keep the drive going with a first down.

They score points but I wouldn't call them explosive as much of the offense is tied to YAC plays. And there's something to say that some more "move the chain mentality" fits in with scoring a ton of points while also wearing down defenses with the way this team is constructed. And when PM is faced with teams that play 7/8 men back in coverage(which gives him problems at times) that a more beat him with your legs plays (along with running the ball more in those situations would serve them well.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:21 PM 12-04-2022
I for one am fine with Patrick not having a run first mindset in regular season games.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:25 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I for one am fine with Patrick not having a run first mindset in regular season games.
I don't want Mahomes running into any kind of contact at all in these games if he can help it. I cringed when he made that leaping play at the goal line today. It's one thing to do shit like that in the playoffs, but this game was not worth risking his/our season like that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So basically you don't want Mahomes to do what makes him the best QB of all time and want him to be more like Alex Smith. Not sure of this plan.
Well, he needs to be situationally smarter sometimes. Like take the Mckinnon outlet when he's all alone and you really need that first down.
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Going to win the division for the 7th year in a row
Win out which is likely and Buffalo loses 1 game we will host the AFC title game for the 5th straight year.

Today's loss was annoying but the overall picture really hasn't changed much move on folks
Thank you Titts.

It was a regular season game against a really good team. Move on.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:55 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Going to win the division for the 7th year in a row
Win out which is likely and Buffalo loses 1 game we will host the AFC title game for the 5th straight year.

Today's loss was annoying but the overall picture really hasn't changed much move on folks
Quite possibly the most down to earth Billay post ever here. Well done.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:55 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, he needs to be situationally smarter sometimes. Like take the Mckinnon outlet when he's all alone and you really need that first down.
I think that was a mirage in video perspective. I want to see the All 22 on that.

Linebackers closed in fast and I think by the time that pass hits Jerick's hands that's a one yard gain.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:59 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
And if we're in a close one in a playoff game, AND manage to win. . . The narrative will now be 'Mahomes finally got some LUCK to go his way' instead of respect for the team.
So who care what the narrative is. No one remembers what talking heads say.
[Reply]
TEX 09:07 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Oh yeah...and that one too i forgot.Did they still have Dalton ? Obv. a really good qb and receivers make a huge difference.

Actually wasnt it SNF ? I could be all kinds of wrong though haha.
It was a Sunday night game. And you're right, they were a much different team back then. Had a different QB and HC.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up