ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Cheers (TV Show) Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:10 AM 11-18-2022
I am currently rewatching the whole series.

What are everyone's thoughts?
[Reply]
scho63 11:27 AM 11-18-2022
Top 10 of all time
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:14 PM 11-18-2022
No spoilers please.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:27 PM 11-18-2022
Relieved this isn't a remake thread.

It was ok I guess. Simon & Simon was on at the same time. Tough choices.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:41 PM 11-18-2022
The question has always been Diane or Rebecca. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:52 PM 11-18-2022
As good as television could ever be. Timeless classic.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Top 10 of all time
Top 3.

I've long been on the opposite side of this discussion with my friends who insist Seinfeld blows it out of the water.

I don't know if that may have been the case in real time, but I do know that Cheers holds up MUCH better.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:31 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
First episode Rebecca

One of the best series there is.
[Reply]
scho63 06:41 PM 11-18-2022
Comedies can be very different in how they generate laughs.

Seinfeld was so unique in how every episode had such an unlikely and odd story with all the tangents that pulled everyone in.

Cheers was like sitting in a comedy club as it was punchline after punchline after punchline.

Others on my list used controversial subjects, darkness of war, social commentary, ethnic foibles, family dysfunction, cold psycho characters, politics, hedonism, and other topics to generate laughs.

These are my 10 favorites not in any order. So many others I love but can only have 10.

1. Cheers
2. M*A*S*H
3. Seinfeld
4. Two and a Half Men
5. Sanford and Son
6. All in the Family
7 Everybody Loves Raymond
8. Soap
9. Roseanne
10. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

To me these all have so many unique aspects to them
[Reply]
Frazod 06:51 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Diane was probably funnier. Rebecca was definitely hotter.

But when Lilith puts her hair down.... :-)

And while Cheers was a great show, I prefer Frasier. Niles puts it over the top.
[Reply]
scho63 06:55 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Diane was probably funnier. Rebecca was definitely hotter.

But when Lilith puts her down.... :-)

And while Cheers was a great show, I prefer Frasier. Niles puts it over the top.
Fraiser is at the top of my 11-20 list along with King of Queens, Married with Children, Friends, Big Bang Theory.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:29 PM 11-18-2022
Fraiser is at the top of my 11-20 list along with King of Queens, Married with Children, Friends, Big Bang Theory.
Shaping up to be a hell of a list.

I'd consider Diff'rent Strokes, Hogan's Heroe, Three's Company, The Wayan's Brothers, Laverne & Shirley, Psych, Gilligan's Island, Home Improvement, Happy Days, Murphy Brown, Night Court, The Jeffersons, Arrested Development, The Office, and Taxi up for discussion to fill the remainder. I'm sure I'm missing more than a handful there.

Nothing tops Seinfeld and All In The Family for me but there's room under that. Cheers is likely top 5.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:47 PM 11-18-2022
Big Bang Theory, yeesh man how old are you again?

That show is for thoughtless kids yammering about nonsense bro
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:38 PM 11-18-2022
Cheers was the best show of the 80s clear up to its finale, had great casting and writing like the best do. More than the typical number of sympathetic characters. It's up there all-time for me also.
[Reply]
scho63 10:39 AM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Shaping up to be a hell of a list.

I'd consider Diff'rent Strokes, Hogan's Heroe, Three's Company, The Wayan's Brothers, Laverne & Shirley, Psych, Gilligan's Island, Home Improvement, Happy Days, Murphy Brown, Night Court, The Jeffersons, Arrested Development, The Office, and Taxi up for discussion to fill the remainder. I'm sure I'm missing more than a handful there.

Nothing tops Seinfeld and All In The Family for me but there's room under that. Cheers is likely top 5.
These round out my 11-20.

Fraiser
King of Queens
Married with Children
Friends
Big Bang Theory.
Night Court
Good Times
In Living Color
I Love Lucy
The Honeymooners
Monty Python's Flying Circus