ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Free agent/Draft RB
O.city 08:42 AM 11-09-2022
They've gotta look for someone back there. What they've got just isn't good enough.

I think Saquon would be fun but he's played himself into a nice contract me thinks.

Same with Josh Jacobs. Man, he's ran so hard this year.

Any body have ideas there?

I like the kid from A&M alot, but I think he goes higher than we wanna spend a pick. But damn, he'd be perfect.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:12 AM 11-10-2022
Fix the line.

No to paying top dollar FA RB's.

Yes to drafting them mid to late.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:37 AM 11-10-2022
Jahmyr Gibbs is interesting, bama rb

https://youtu.be/17KSnCqDqao
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Jahmyr Gibbs is interesting, bama rb

https://youtu.be/17KSnCqDqao
Definitely interesting. Especially given the last 10 years of Alabama RB's.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:45 AM 11-10-2022
Gibbs sees this cutback that our backs have missed often

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/15...0%2Fframe.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 11-10-2022
Chase Edmonds is almost certainly getting cut now that he was traded and his bonus money accelerated onto Miami's cap.

The Broncos save $5.5 million in cap space with zero dead money next offseason.

I still think he's a really nice fit here. He struggled mightily in Miami but I don't think that's demonstrative of his talent level. And he'd be a 2nd wave FA unless he really busts out in Denver so he wouldn't cost much more than McKinnon is costing.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:05 AM 11-10-2022
You can see Gibbs block here, and when to take the hot route and his vision. I like his patience and if you watch his head, you can see he’s looking for the cutback and looking to set up his blocks and then his athleticism with his feet and contact balance. Gibbs looks like a great fit in our offense.

https://youtu.be/RhZYOHLvFvY
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 11-10-2022
So I feel like there was a clear consensus top 2 backs in this year's draft and it was just a stylistic preference as to who you preferred - Walker and Hall were just head and shoulders above the field, IMO.

So - let's say that same scenario plays out and then one of them slides to our pick in the 2nd. You in? What if that player is the 'power' back of the two, so the equivalent of Walker instead of Hall?

I'm not sure I would.

I just think our needs on the DL and at OT are so significant that I can't see a scenario emerging where i'd use a 2nd rounder on a RB.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:37 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I like Pollard alot. I just dunno that I wanna pay for a RB, but they can't keep sucking back there like they are now.
Can't keep spending minimally at the position and expect a great return.

I would be down with giving a decent contract to Kareem next season. We might be able to buy low on Rashad Penny and draft another rb in the back half of the draft.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:43 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I feel like there was a clear consensus top 2 backs in this year's draft and it was just a stylistic preference as to who you preferred - Walker and Hall were just head and shoulders above the field, IMO.

So - let's say that same scenario plays out and then one of them slides to our pick in the 2nd. You in? What if that player is the 'power' back of the two, so the equivalent of Walker instead of Hall?

I'm not sure I would.
With 4 picks in the first 2 rounds? Absolutely....In particular Breece Hall.

This year Jahmyr Gibbs I am a big fan of and I don't think a 3rd is absurd......if he falls that far
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:54 AM 11-10-2022
Roschon Johnson would be a good fit in this offense.

Solid in pass pro, good vision, tough, and can catch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
With 4 picks in the first 2 rounds? Absolutely....In particular Breece Hall.

This year Jahmyr Gibbs I am a big fan of and I don't think a 3rd is absurd......if he falls that far
But we don't have 2 picks in next years draft.

I mean hypothetically for the 2023 draft.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:40 PM 11-10-2022
I'm with Chris. R5 pick or later, I'm not interested in much earlier until I'm confident in the OL. I'm completely dogmatic about this I accept but there you go. F**k early round picks and trades for RBs.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:39 PM 11-10-2022
No, I would never spend a 1st or 2nd on a RB for this offense.

They need capable talent, not transcendent talent.

The 3rd round, honestly, is a very good spot to get talented RBs on the regular.

A guy like Tank Bigsby in the 3rd might be a valid option.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just think our needs on the DL and at OT are so significant that I can't see a scenario emerging where i'd use a 2nd rounder on a RB.
Yup. Nope.

I mean...you know what I mean.

I agree.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 PM 11-10-2022
I know some people might find it boring, but we need a fatty heavy draft, boys.

We need OT's, DT's and DE's and everything else is a footnote.

We're literally good to great everywhere else as it stands.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up