ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Discount Kiper 2023 Mock @ Q1 of Season
kccrow 06:08 PM 10-07-2022
Spitballing some early ideas.

Release: DE F. Clark (19.6m savings)

Extend: DT C. Jones 3y 70.0m in new money converting 16.0m to signing bonus of 2023 salary, add 20m in new bonus money, and fully guarantee 3.5m 2023 and 13.25m 2024 salaries for net guarantee of 42.75m on an overall 4y 97.0m deal (approx hits: 20.0, 22.5, 25.0, 29.5)

Let walk:
LT O. Brown, Jr., WR J. Smith-Schuster, ER C. Dunlap, QB C. Henne, RB R. Jones II, TE B. Bell, WR M. Hardman, RB J. McKinnon, CB C. Lammons, CB R. Fenton, OG N. Allegretti, RB J. Ealy, DT D. Nnadi, S J. Thornhill

Re-sign:
DT K. Saunders - 1y 1.1m - Saunders has flashed ability to be a quality rotational 1-tech but availability has been an issue so anything more than vet min area is probably off the table for one more season. He's 3rd in PT at the position after Jones and Wharton as it seems Nnadi is falling out of favor.
DT T. Wharton - RFA tag 1y 2.6m ROFR - Wharton has seen a surprising majority of snaps at DT over Saunders and Nnadi so retaining him is probably on the docket.
RT A. Wylie - 1y 3.0m - Wylie is backup grade as a RT, honestly, but he's a quality guy to keep around.
FB M. Burton - 1y 1.3m - Reid's going to have his FB wasting a spot.
S D. Bush - 1y 1.1m - If he can continue to be solid on STs, he's got a good shot of coming back.
WR J. Watson - VSB 1y 1.3m - Watson keeps flashing breakout ability.
LB D. Harris - ERFA tag 1y 870k - Always sign your ERFAs if they aren't total shit, and none of KC's are garbage.
TE J. Fortson - ERFA tag 1y 870k
P Tommy Townsend - 3y 9.0m - Going rate contract for re-signing punters, and Townsend has come around pretty well.
QB S. Buechel - ERFA tag 1y 870k
OT P. Tega-Wanogho - ERFA tag 1y 870k

FA Sign:
WR Darius Slayton (NYG) - 1 yr 1.1m - Slayton looked really good in years 1 and 2 then regressed a bit in production in year 3. He's been buried down the chart. Something tells me he could be a plus signing as a free agent. He might get a team 600 yards as a #3, and I have him coming in a cheap get to replace Hardman plus he brings solid speed.
WR Nelson Agholor (NE) - 1 yr 9.0m - Agholor is a solid but unspectacular player. He should be a better fit in Reid's offense than Smith-Schuster as he at least brings some speed and vertical threat. A guy that can function as a #1-type while young guys come up to speed.
OT George Fant (NYJ) - 2y 20.0m - Fant has a penchant for ending up on the injury list but he's a solid player. He's a better RT than LT, and that's the reason to bring him in - be the starting RT unless your rookie draft pick can't hack it yet.
DE Dawuane Smoot (JAX) - 2y 13.5m Smoot is a solid player that can get pressure on the QB and should come at a relatively modest price tag where a Samson Ebukam type of contract seems likely.

Chiefs Draft

R1: Trade Seattle R1 pick, 2022 R3 pick, and 2023 R2 pick to move up into the top 15.

1. OT Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland (6'5" 320)
Duncan can move and looks like the next great LT in the NFL to me. He has to iron out some technique warts but I lean a bit more toward the physical needs and he has them in spades.
2. WR Rashee Rice, SMU (6'1" 189)
Rice has been spectacular for SMU and could go higher than this if he takes the doors off at the combine, but as of right now he's a smaller-school superstar and they tend to end up in round 2.
3. DT Zacch Pickens, South Carolina (J2 for Poles)
Pickens has sometimes flashed some pass rush but isn't a stud there. He stands out as a quality run stopper though. He fits as a Jarran Reed type at the 1.
4. TE Josh Whyle, Cincinnati (6'6" 245) (f/MIA)
Whyle reminds me an awful lot of Kelce coming out aside from sharing an alma mater, and that's not a bad thing. He's been really productive at Cincy.
4. DE Keion White, Georgia Tech (6'4" 260)
White was outstanding at Old Dominion. He was injured last year but has looked really good in his return in 2022.
5. OT Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse (6'5" 322)
I like me some Matt Bergeron and I think he's a RT of the future. He definitely has some swing potential.
6. RB Roschon Johnson, Texas (6'1" 225) (f/ MIA)
Johnson might go higher on potential alone but he projects as a 3rd down back that lacks some power (similar to Pacheco coming out) so I'm not setting the ceiling on his draft position overly high.
6. FS Jordan Howden, Minnesota (6'0" 205)
Howden is criminally underrated in my opinion and could be at least a nice piece on the cheap, especially as a rotational backup and special teamer.
7. OG TJ Bass, Oregon (6'4" 318)
Bass won't survive in the NFL as a tackle so he'll need to move inside to guard. He needs some strength work for that move but he has good movement skills and Power 5 experience.

QB: P. Mahomes, S. Buechele
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, I. Pacheco, R. Johnson, M. Burton (FB)
WR: N. Agholor, D. Slayton, M. Valdez-Scantling, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Watson, J. Ross
TE: T. Kelce, J. Whyle, N. Gray, J. Fortson
OT: J. Duncan, G. Fant, A. Wylie, M. Bergeron, L. Niang, P. Tega-Wanogho
OG: J. Thuney, T. Smith, D. Kinnard, T. Bass
OC: C. Humphrey

DE: G. Karlaftis, D. Smoot, M. Danna, K. White, M. Herring, J. Kaindoh
DT: C. Jones, Z. Pickens, T. Wharton, K. Saunders
LB: N. Bolton, L. Chenal, W. Gay, D. Harris, J. Cochrane
CB: T. McDuffie, W. Sneed, J. Watson, J. Williams, N. Johnson
DB: J. Reid, B. Cook, D. Bush, J. Howden
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:55 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Ngakoue's looked absolute ass this year, and not much better last year. I'd honestly want no part of that.
He made OBJ look bad, but everyone does that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Ngakoue's looked absolute ass this year, and not much better last year. I'd honestly want no part of that.
It's odd - PFF says he's a pile of shit, yet in the 3 games I've seen the Colts play, he's looked good.

I think he's probably just really high variance. Some really good snaps and really bad ones. Probably more bad ones than good ones, but the good ones are occasionally dominant.

I dunno - it doesn't make a lot of sense. The eye test tells me he's still a quality pass-rusher (and frankly, he's always been a bit of a one-trick pony anyway).
[Reply]
JPH83 09:52 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's odd - PFF says he's a pile of shit, yet in the 3 games I've seen the Colts play, he's looked good.

I think he's probably just really high variance. Some really good snaps and really bad ones. Probably more bad ones than good ones, but the good ones are occasionally dominant.

I dunno - it doesn't make a lot of sense. The eye test tells me he's still a quality pass-rusher (and frankly, he's always been a bit of a one-trick pony anyway).
I think this is somewhat it. He has flashes but he has a lot of absolute dross and plenty of snaps taken off. To be honest I've had enough of that with Clark. I don't think he has the juice he had so his one trick is vastly less impressive, and he's always been rubbish against the run. I really wouldn't touch him.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:40 PM 10-13-2022
Was just thinking Monday night that it's likely Thornhill's last season in KC. Nothing against him, he's a decent enough player. He's just not a guy we'd want to spend big money on imo. If it's a team-friendly deal I wouldn't have a problem with it, but some team with a more pressing need at Safety will probably outbid us. And it's easy to sell a guy who started for the Chiefs to their fan base.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:54 AM 10-14-2022
A guy I'd like to see us go for in FA is Meyers. Very solid WR who does everything OK, good route runner who gains separation and is reliable - essentially everything JJSS was billed as but better.

Not sure after this year we'll get him as cheap as some others but given the QB play is likely going to be up-and-down ahd he won't put up gaudy numbers, he can't be pricier than JJSS. Getting rid of JJSS and bringing in Meyers I think improves us and possibly costs less.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:25 AM 11-06-2022
Found this little gem on NFL.com on "top Senior Bowl prospects" and thought I'd share it here as 4 of my guys are on it (Duncan, Rice, Pickens, and Bergeron).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...lege-football-

I didn't realize they did these write-ups so I'm going to try to keep an eye out for them.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:42 AM 11-06-2022
I was consistently unhappy with out passrush in your kicks last year.

I’m sad to see the trend continues. I don’t think you’ve put the emphasis on it that this team needs.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:26 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I was consistently unhappy with out passrush in your kicks last year.

I’m sad to see the trend continues. I don’t think you’ve put the emphasis on it that this team needs.
Are you confused with someone else? I think every mock I put out last year had a 1st round pass rusher and another one around the 3rd round as a minimum.

I mean, if you want 5 pass rushers in one offseason I don't think that's going to happen.

If you want to trade two first for Burns or Allen, that isn't going to happen.

Outside of that, I think I'll focus on a couple again. Whether or not it's another 1st rounder may end up debatable. I don't like OBJ so until that's a lock one way or another I'll probably stick to getting a LT in 1.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:04 PM 04-28-2023
who was earlier on Rice?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:33 AM 04-29-2023
Nice! Now let's go get RB Roschon Johnson, Texas
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up