Media Center>Star Wars: Andor
Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Frazod 08:14 AM 10-29-2022
Since these seem to run in three episode arcs, I'm going to hold off and watch the last one and the next one on Wednesday.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:55 PM 10-29-2022
Loving this show. It also feels like it has more budget than Mando and Boba
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:49 AM 10-30-2022
hope everyone has watched the tales of the jedi shorts...they are amazing and flesh out the end of the phantom menace and attack of the clones big time
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:37 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
hope everyone has watched the tales of the jedi shorts...they are amazing and flesh out the end of the phantom menace and attack of the clones big time
Watched them over the weekend, & I agree they were very good.
[Reply]
loochy 09:42 AM 10-31-2022

I really like Count Dooku. I imagine I'd be a lot like him if I was a Jedi...fed up with all of the BS and assholes
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:21 AM 11-01-2022
Three episodes in. It's good, but still maintains this strange sterile feeling I get from watching The Mandalorian. I assume it's going to get much better.
[Reply]
Stro39 02:57 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Three episodes in. It's good, but still maintains this strange sterile feeling I get from watching The Mandalorian. I assume it's going to get much better.
Stick with it, its much better than The Mandalorian IMO.

Another boss episode. Watching the old guy deteriorate was excruciating,
Spoiler!

The tension in this is fantastic, a true vision of a dystopian nightmare.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 11-03-2022
The one thing that has me preferring Mandalorian to Andor is that, while Andor is almost certainly a 'better' show - I really have to pay attention to it.

I can sorta watch The Mandalorian while I'm doing something else; making dinner or catching up on sports news here or there. I can have it on without intently watching it and not lose track of anything.

With Andor, I find myself having to read recaps fairly frequently to get myself back up to speed on stuff I didn't pick up in real time.

Again - that doesn't make Andor worse; it probably makes it better. It just makes me prefer Mandalorian to it because it's less involved viewing.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:29 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The one thing that has me preferring Mandalorian to Andor is that, while Andor is almost certainly a 'better' show - I really have to pay attention to it.

I can sorta watch The Mandalorian while I'm doing something else; making dinner or catching up on sports news here or there. I can have it on without intently watching it and not lose track of anything.

With Andor, I find myself having to read recaps fairly frequently to get myself back up to speed on stuff I didn't pick up in real time.

Again - that doesn't make Andor worse; it probably makes it better. It just makes me prefer Mandalorian to it because it's less involved viewing.

I'm the same way. In fact, I've turned on the closed captioning because I've been missing key details in conversations. I'm not able to multitask by listening while checking sports score on my iPad.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:35 PM 11-03-2022

I agree 100%.

This is higher quality, but the Mandalorian is also just more fun and enjoyable.

They're both great though, and in the same category as the original trilogy and Rogue One.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:32 PM 11-03-2022

It depends on the mood I'm in. I am enjoying this I think as much as Mando, but you're right it is an intense watch.

I do hope they continue to churn out this type of content. I posted before that this is the first production in Star Wars history that isn't at some level made with kids in mind.

And it's fucking heavy. And fucking bleak.

I hope it doesn't turn people off and the suits shy away from future stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 PM 11-03-2022
i love this show just for the camera shot when she put the torture headphones on, cutting away to the floor outside the room as a booted imp walked by :-)

DIRECTLY out of A New Hope when Princess Leia gets the mind probe
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:15 PM 11-05-2022
Apples and oranges.

I don't enjoy Andor as much as Mando.

I appreciate Andor more because it gives us something we haven't ever had.

My main concern with Andor is it is TOO slow, because it's only supposed to be two seasons? We could get 4-5 seasons out of this easy.
Mando is way more fun. This is way too slow and developing its story too slow. Why do we have to spend 1/4 of a season about workings of a prison?

They are wasting time. When we get to the end, it’ll be rushed. Aka GoT.

It is well made. That has a value into itself. I enjoy watching well made TV because it’s so rare to see these days.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:00 PM 11-05-2022
It isn't wasted time at all to me. It is taking the time to depict the actual impact of the Empire on regular citizens and the genesis of the Rebellion (as well as Andor's motivation for joining it).

Now this show isn't exactly what I would describe "Star Wars" traditionally but there is room for this kind of depiction too in the SW universe.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:03 PM 11-05-2022
Yeah these were excellent, particularly for giving more depth to Dooku.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-05-2022, 09:04 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up