Fish 12:25 PM 06-08-2022
LOL DC...
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:31 PM 06-08-2022
Looks like a super hero movie to me. /shrug
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 06-08-2022
It’s The Rock with superpowers.

I’ll stream it later but I won’t be seeing it in theaters.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:42 PM 06-08-2022
Shazam was good but this just looks generic.

Too bad since in the comics Black Adam falls very much on the anti-villain side and is like the more jaded and cynical version of Shazam.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:00 PM 06-08-2022
It was cool getting a look at the "other" members of the Justice League. I assume Levi's Shazam will make an appearance here?

And put me in the solidly "meh" crowd on this one, as well. Doesn't look amazing, doesn't look horrible.
[Reply]
Fish 04:43 PM 06-08-2022
Hawkman looks cool at least. Give him a movie...
[Reply]
sully1983 06:10 PM 06-08-2022
Trailer was actually pretty decent looking and it looks better than I thought ( which isn't saying much of course lol) Also I really liked the use of Kanye / Jay Z's "Murder for Excellence" song in the trailer.

The director is pretty mediocre though and is most known for directing forgettable Liam Neeson thrillers but I'll keep an open mind. Don't know that much about the Black Adam character but The Rock is certainly more likable and worth watching than that meathead that plays Aquabro.

Now if only DC can give Green Lantern a proper movie...(but that's for another thread)
[Reply]
Passepartout 06:38 PM 06-08-2022
Never liked anti-hero movies there. But could make a huge exception on it there. Just IMHO! As a Rock fan!
[Reply]
sully1983 07:01 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL DC...
While DC has their faults and epic failures (BvS will forever be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters and I still don't know WTF they were thinking with WW 1984) they've also had some pretty good stuff as of late.
Joker made over a billion dollars (highest grossing R rated movie of all time btw) Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for his performance as the Joker (second time an actor won the Oscar for that role following Heath Ledger's iconic Oscar winning performance)

,. Wonder Woman was very well received and a major box office success. Ditto on Aquabro making over a billion at the box office (I loathed all that goofy shit though but I can't deny that it was a big success for Warner Bros/DC) Shazam was a surprise success (not major but still it was received well overall)

The Batman was flat out incredible and an awesome fresh take on Batman imo. Matt Reeves knocked it out of the park. It was also very well received by audiences & critics alike (Not to mention a box office success as well as a huge hit for HBO Max streaming service) and IMO it shits all over any of the formulaic assembly line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for over a decade now.

But you enjoy She Hulk: Attorney of Law on Disney+, looks like real cutting edge stuff:-)
[Reply]
sully1983 07:19 PM 06-08-2022
Originally Posted by Passepartout:
Never liked anti-hero movies there. But could make a huge exception on it there. Just IMHO! As a Rock fan!
I remember that shitty Will Smith movie called Hancock that had the whole IDGAF anti hero theme to it. Hopefully Black Adam is way better than that at least lol. And yeah I can't help but like the Rock. A lot of his movies are either crap or mindless fun but he's so damn charismatic and likable that it makes up for all the shitty stuff that goes on in a lot of his movies. He normally plays really nice guy/likable noble characters so this could be an interesting role for him playing the anti hero. We shall see I guess
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 06-09-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
While DC has their faults and epic failures (BvS will forever be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters and I still don't know WTF they were thinking with WW 1984) they've also had some pretty good stuff as of late.
Joker made over a billion dollars (highest grossing R rated movie of all time btw) Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for his performance as the Joker (second time an actor won the Oscar for that role following Heath Ledger's iconic Oscar winning performance)

,. Wonder Woman was very well received and a major box office success. Ditto on Aquabro making over a billion at the box office (I loathed all that goofy shit though but I can't deny that it was a big success for Warner Bros/DC) Shazam was a surprise success (not major but still it was received well overall)

The Batman was flat out incredible and an awesome fresh take on Batman imo. Matt Reeves knocked it out of the park. It was also very well received by audiences & critics alike (Not to mention a box office success as well as a huge hit for HBO Max streaming service) and IMO it shits all over any of the formulaic assembly line crap that Kevin Feige has been shoveling out to the masses for over a decade now.

But you enjoy She Hulk: Attorney of Law on Disney+, looks like real cutting edge stuff:-)
Talks about all of the box office success of DC movies and then brings up She Hulk while ignoring the BILLIONS of dollars that Marvel has made.

Plus your use of punctuation all over the place is god awful to read.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:31 AM 06-09-2022
I've never fucking heard of half of these super heroes who get movies nowadays.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 06-09-2022
I enjoyed Hawkman telling Black Adam that heroes don't kill.

10 year old me watched that dude bashed countless skulls in with his mace in the Justice League cartoon.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up