View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 256 of 343
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
poolboy 11:21 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He messed up pretty bad on some important plays today, the most obvious one being that 3rd down before Butker's field goal attempt at the end. That 3rd down was an enormous play and Orlando put Mahomes in a pretty tough spot.
that was when Pat put the slammed sandwich together
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:27 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I completely disagree and am pretty sure I said so at the time.

EDIT:

I did:

And I certainly was not on any sort of 'sign OBJ' kick at the time. I just try to view what's in front of me.

He was solid in that game.
Congrats on being wrong twice
[Reply]
New World Order 11:40 PM 12-04-2022
I think we can all agree not to pay him the 20-25 million per he wants
[Reply]
srvy 11:46 PM 12-04-2022
I haven't been in this thread in a long while. Catching up leads me to believe a lot of people shouldn't be commenting on what good o line play is and isn't.

Many I think don't value the trenches and the big fatties want to save the money for the finesse players. That will make you a soft team. You got to win in the trenches come December and January. Hope we learn to take it seriously one day and knock some people in the mouth. Go get Defensive line help and two new tackles and toughen up.

Also dont let PLM to dictate who protects him on the corners because of frienships.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:52 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think we can all agree not to pay him the 20-25 million per he wants
Oh I don't know. If he strings together 3 or 4 great games. There will be plenty of calls to sign him and use the draft capital somewhere else.

:-)
[Reply]
Dawson 04:38 AM 12-05-2022
No reason to pay him. He's a decent player at best. Chiefs can just draft a LT in round Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland should be there in late round one. Its all a numbers game with us now. Can't pay Brown 20 million a year when the defense is soft.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:03 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Dawson:
No reason to pay him. He's a decent player at best. Chiefs can just draft a LT in round Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland should be there in late round one. Its all a numbers game with us now. Can't pay Brown 20 million a year when the defense is soft.
He’s not with it, even is the D was solid.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:10 AM 12-05-2022
JAG
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 AM 12-05-2022
While being aware that I'm a little extra angry today specifically, I am on record many times as saying I felt Brown was not a great fit for an Andy Reid offense.

I feel especially so today. And Wylie blows goats. And we cannot get pressure with four defensively. And these are the biggest weaknesses we have on this team.

I would tag and trade Brown for whatever I can get. He'd be a good fit for run first team, but he's just not worth paying in this offense. We can't overpay for mediocre play and compete for championships.

We need more draft capital, and we need VALUE in player salaries as much as humanly possible.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:57 AM 12-05-2022
He did not play good yesterday.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:05 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
While being aware that I'm a little extra angry today specifically, I am on record many times as saying I felt Brown was not a great fit for an Andy Reid offense.

I feel especially so today. And Wylie blows goats. And we cannot get pressure with four defensively. And these are the biggest weaknesses we have on this team.

I would tag and trade Brown for whatever I can get. He'd be a good fit for run first team, but he's just not worth paying in this offense. We can't overpay for mediocre play and compete for championships.

We need more draft capital, and we need VALUE in player salaries as much as humanly possible.
Nobody is trading for him on a franchise tag salary. We're just going to have to take the punch to the dick and let him walk.
[Reply]
-King- 08:07 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Nobody is trading for him on a franchise tag salary. We're just going to have to take the punch to the dick and let him walk.
A team can negotiate a contract with him when they trade for him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:16 AM 12-05-2022
Both things can be true:

A) Orlando Brown had been playing well for several weeks leading up to yesterday
B) He really struggled matched up against Trey Hendrickson, including in some really critical spots

I don’t think the Chiefs can/will offer the same type of deal they offered last season, and I don’t think he’ll stay in KC. He’ll get a nice deal somewhere, though, where he’s a better fit for what they do.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:19 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
A team can negotiate a contract with him when they trade for him.
Yeah, I get that. The problem is if you tag him a second time, that's going to be the base level he'll want to start negotiations from, and I don't think there's a team in this league that will trade the capital and pony up $25 million a year for him.

If the Chiefs can find a team dumb enough to do so, then more power to them. I definitely hope they gauge the market a little before tagging him again, though, because I do not want to be stuck with him if nobody is interested.
[Reply]
TEX 08:21 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Both things can be true:

A) Orlando Brown had been playing well for several weeks leading up to yesterday
B) He really struggled matched up against Trey Hendrickson, including in some really critical spots

I don’t think the Chiefs can/will offer the same type of deal they offered last season, and I don’t think he’ll stay in KC. He’ll get a nice deal somewhere, though, where he’s a better fit for what they do.
He struggles a lot in critical spots. That's why he is not the answer at LT.
[Reply]
Page 256 of 343
« First < 156206246252253254255256 257258259260266306 > Last »
Up