ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 264 of 324
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 08:45 PM 12-04-2022
Offense lost this one at the end. Last 2 possessions were a Kelce fumble and a FG miss.

The offense shit the bed as much as the defense
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:47 PM 12-04-2022
CIN's D was one late TO better than our D. I guarantee no CIN fan is calling for their DC's head.

Their D was no better.
[Reply]
Superbowltrashcan 08:51 PM 12-04-2022
Tough not to “what if” Spags had been sent packing and Reid could have hired Fangio.
[Reply]
budman3 08:51 PM 12-04-2022
he got outsmarted by the Bengals offensive plan...again. He coached like it was Chase torching them last year and didn't rely on his improved secondary like he should have. If he did he would have used more blitzing and as it were. Burrows was 6/7 when they did. There has been so little creativity in disguising his defenses this season and the defensive line seems content to just rush straight forward come hill or high water with no stunting or ability to free up lineman to put pressure on QB's unless they blitz.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:44 PM 12-04-2022
We should run the same defense the Bengals run against us.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:47 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Need a better DL & Secondary though.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:48 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Well I mean we don't get pressure anyway so I'd rather put one more guy in coverage
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:58 PM 12-04-2022
Unfortunately their coach is quite content running the ball and playing the short game when given the opportunity.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:58 PM 12-04-2022
Unfortunately their coach is quite content running the ball and playing the short game when given the opportunity.
[Reply]
tk13 10:18 PM 12-04-2022
I don't know that it was the exact same defense but Spags did try to adjust in the 2nd half and played more zone. They absolutely shredded the zone though and when we played soft Burrow just hit the underneath guys every time and chewed us up.

Spags is taking a lot of heat but honestly he threw the whole book at them today and not much really worked. Played aggressive, played man, played zone, played soft, blitzed. Whatever we did they adjusted to find the weakness.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:17 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
We need a better DC. Spags can GTFO and he can take Merritt and D'Alesio with him.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 01:20 AM 12-05-2022
Few weeks ago I said I was surprised by how bad their defensive numbers and rankings were compared to eye test. Today that eye test matches the numbers.
[Reply]
TEX 01:24 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know that it was the exact same defense but Spags did try to adjust in the 2nd half and played more zone. They absolutely shredded the zone though and when we played soft Burrow just hit the underneath guys every time and chewed us up.

Spags is taking a lot of heat but honestly he threw the whole book at them today and not much really worked. Played aggressive, played man, played zone, played soft, blitzed. Whatever we did they adjusted to find the weakness.
Covering the RB out of the backfield could have been tried a LOT more. Also, other teams beat the Bengals rushing 4. We can't. That is obvious. If we are able to, that changes everything.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan:
Tough not to “what if” Spags had been sent packing and Reid could have hired Fangio.
You think that magically improves the front four?

If you can't get consistent pressure with four, the elite QB's will find a way to make plays. It's that simple.

In the first half, we tried variations of cover 2, and quarters. They picked apart the zones.

In the second, we went to more man, and the results were better, but still not good enough-because we couldn't get home with four.

I don't know what you guys think Spags was supposed to do exactly.

You DO understand that Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd put up numbers against almost everyone right? Even teams that can get pressure with four, but especially those who do not.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:09 AM 12-05-2022
Players need to make plays.

At some point your DEs have to beat their tackles and get to the QB at a critical point in the game. At some point your LBs and safeties have to make a tackle at point of impact and not allow the RB 6 yards after contact.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:12 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan:
I believe Spags contract is up after the season. Vic produces a top five defense where ever he goes. If the Chiefs want to be Truly dominant and feared, he’s the guy IMO.
[Reply]
Page 264 of 324
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314 > Last »
Up