Page 882 of 934
« First < 382782832872878879880881882 883884885886892932 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:08 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
This country has a massive savings and retirement shortfall. It's gotten better but still poor, especially in minority low income households.

I'm all for anything government can encourage, endorse and help to get YOUNG people saving and investing money.

If the stupid fucks would stop with all the wokeness PC sex tranny shit and focus on Financial security and focus on interest, growth, stock market, dangers of debt, how to balance a checkbook, how to read a balance sheet, how to start a business, our country would benefit tremendously.

The same goes for health and nutrition.
Agree except bolded.

At least they’re addressing the limits. They didn’t for a long time and deserve credit for it.

I was thinking recently, when is the last time we had a protracted recession? It’s goddamn .com bubble/9-11. 08 housing crisis was severe but not protracted - shit was right back up there 8 months later. It is looking like this one is going to be with us awhile. So OK, shit 23 years ago. It’s hard to wrap your mind around how many people in the market today have not had exposure to a protracted recession in the stock market. Hell, I was paying attention but I didn’t have any money in.

That is the scary thing to me.
[Reply]
scho63 06:57 AM 10-24-2022
Excellent points, correction noted and agreed!
[Reply]
-King- 04:35 PM 11-09-2022
Yeah... I think I'll move most of my Tesla money elsewhere.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:46 PM 11-18-2022
Only an ancillary relationship to the thread, but not thread worthy. In fact, I'm probably the only fucker that gives a shit, but the whole Theranos thing still blows my damned mind.

Elizabeth Holmes got 11 years for all the massive fucking fraud and absolutely endangered the health of many customers and employees.

It was more than I expected, especially since she's been chillin for the last 7 years. But given the blatant bullshit she slung, it's pretty light. Maybe not through precedent, but in principle.

Fucking Crazy Cunt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/18/form...in-prison.html
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:42 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Only an ancillary relationship to the thread, but not thread worthy. In fact, I'm probably the only fucker that gives a shit, but the whole Theranos thing still blows my damned mind.

Elizabeth Holmes got 11 years for all the massive fucking fraud and absolutely endangered the health of many customers and employees.

It was more than I expected, especially since she's been chillin for the last 7 years. But given the blatant bullshit she slung, it's pretty light. Maybe not through precedent, but in principle.

Fucking Crazy Cunt.

A little sociopath in that one, and with her ambition it's a bad combo.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:11 AM 11-19-2022
Only an ancillary relationship to the thread, but not thread worthy. In fact, I'm probably the only ****er that gives a shit, but the whole Theranos thing still blows my damned mind.

Elizabeth Holmes got 11 years for all the massive ****ing fraud and absolutely endangered the health of many customers and employees.

****ing Crazy ****.

I listened to “Bad Blood” on audible, she’s a piece of shit who could’ve killed countless people if not for a few whistleblowers within Theranos. That bitch tried to destroy people who spoke out against what she was doing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:25 AM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I listened to “Bad Blood” on audible, she’s a piece of shit who could’ve killed countless people if not for a few whistleblowers within Theranos. That bitch tried to destroy people who spoke out against what she was doing.
Listen to "Thicker Than Water". It's by Tyler Schultz, grandson of George Schultz who was one of the whistleblowers. His story and that of Erika Cheung is really fucking interesting. It's shorter and much more personal than Bad Blood. If you're going to listen to Bad Blood, Thicker than Water is worth the time.

It got much more into the math of just how bad the efficacy of their tests were. It was real fucking bad.

But the really interesting part is the family dynamics in the Schultz family. The fucking old man general was bamboozled hard. Like cult level shit.

Weird man.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:44 AM 11-19-2022

Fucking Crazy Cunt.

Very satisfying.
[Reply]
scho63 11:30 AM 11-19-2022
I met George Schultz in San Fran during a dinner for Shanghai Mayor Xu Kuandi , shuck hands that had Secret Service nearly jump me, spoke with him until his social climbing cunt of a wife Charlotte Millard Swig Schultz dragged him away.

This was over 20 years ago and he seemed like a clueless lost old pussy whipped man.

Not surprised he got swindled.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:28 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
IMO over leveraged economy. Credit cards are being maxed out, savings accounts dwindled, the wealth effect tells us that consumers spend more as asset prices rise. Well asset prices have risen, but only because of this toxic hyperinflationary environment created by the fed. They are now trying to fight the very monster they created through raising interest rates and tapering. When they do this, borrowing becomes harder, liquidity removed from the market, and hence the 'crash'.

Put simple, we are ****ed and the entire economy is in for necessary and serious correction. Not to mention Covid, Russia, and China fear plaguing 2022. It's a bad time to be a buyer right now. Pretty much everything is over priced.
December 2021.
óculos Escuro GIFfrom óculos GIFs

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:19 PM 11-19-2022
Listen to "Thicker Than Water". It's by Tyler Schultz, grandson of George Schultz who was one of the whistleblowers. His story and that of Erika Cheung is really ****ing interesting. It's shorter and much more personal than Bad Blood. If you're going to listen to Bad Blood, Thicker than Water is worth the time.

It got much more into the math of just how bad the efficacy of their tests were. It was real ****ing bad.

But the really interesting part is the family dynamics in the Schultz family. The ****ing old man general was bamboozled hard. Like cult level shit.

Weird man.
I’ll definitely check it out, 11 years is about as good as we could’ve hoped for. They were lined up to put those machines in every Walgreens and were developing contracts with the military.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:27 PM 11-19-2022
I feel like she got off really light. When all is said and done, she'll likely spend 2 or 3 years in a country club prison and you know she's got countless millions of dollars hidden away. For her, crime will pay quite well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:14 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I feel like she got off really light. When all is said and done, she'll likely spend 2 or 3 years in a country club prison and you know she's got countless millions of dollars hidden away. For her, crime will pay quite well.
I don’t know if she has millions or not.

Most of her ridiculous wealth was based on her fraudulent stock price. I mean I think she had a pretty posh expense account, but I’m not sure any of that translated to transferable wealth.

Hopefully not anyway. At least that’s what I choose to believe.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 AM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Forbes apparently estimated it at $0.

https://news.yahoo.com/elizabeth-hol...LgeiR4ai_X1B2a

Long dumb click baity article but here is the important part.

Originally Posted by :
So, what is Elizabeth Holmes’ net worth today? After the fall of Theranos, Elizabeth Holmes’ net worth went from a reported $4.5 billion to $0 as of 2022, according to Forbes.
But it’s reasonable to assume that criminal gonna criminal. She would have had to have been a real headcase to be that much of a blatant fraud and NOT squirrel something away.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:03 PM 11-21-2022
So Bob Iger is now the CEO of Disney…again?

That is pure insanity.

Iger hand picked his successor, retired, GE style. Then he knee caps that fool and is back as the CEO again.

Disney is a giant ass company and this is major drama. I know there are Disney stockholders here (I sold mine), it will be interesting to see how it affects the stock price. I’ll definitely buy the book of this whole fiasco.
[Reply]
Page 882 of 934
« First < 382782832872878879880881882 883884885886892932 > Last »
Up